Had the call

Old Jan 2nd 2011, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Had the call

There is no other way to put this.

I woke up early new years eve with a very weird feeling. Kept checking my phone for messages and eventually there was one from my sister in law to call her. I did.

My parents' house burned down to the ground. My sister found the smoldering remains at about 11 am CET. My parents were nowhere to be found. Their car parked outside what used to be their home. Forensics think it will take weeks to find any remains, if at all.

I am returning to sweden this coming weekend. Luckily I have travel insurance and they are dealing with my return ticket right now.

Thankfully my sisters' dogs were not with my parents the night the fire ravished the house, so at least she has them and the rest of the siblings. I am taking for granted that my beloved cats perished in the fire as well as my parents. The barn, the horses and my tiny little cottage (which doesn't have kitchen or bathroom, I shared that with my parents) is still there.

I fully intend to be back in Toronto within months as this is now more than ever the place I call home. My friends here have opened up their home and hearts to me and they also tell me to make it back here soon.

I have a coule of more job interviews this week (we gave up on service canada on the job I came here for) and a few are looking really good.

You won't be hearing from me for a while.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Had the call

Originally Posted by YYZlover
There is no other way to put this.

I woke up early new years eve with a very weird feeling. Kept checking my phone for messages and eventually there was one from my sister in law to call her. I did.

My parents' house burned down to the ground. My sister found the smoldering remains at about 11 am CET. My parents were nowhere to be found. Their car parked outside what used to be their home. Forensics think it will take weeks to find any remains, if at all.

I am returning to sweden this coming weekend. Luckily I have travel insurance and they are dealing with my return ticket right now.

Thankfully my sisters' dogs were not with my parents the night the fire ravished the house, so at least she has them and the rest of the siblings. I am taking for granted that my beloved cats perished in the fire as well as my parents. The barn, the horses and my tiny little cottage (which doesn't have kitchen or bathroom, I shared that with my parents) is still there.

I fully intend to be back in Toronto within months as this is now more than ever the place I call home. My friends here have opened up their home and hearts to me and they also tell me to make it back here soon.

I have a coule of more job interviews this week (we gave up on service canada on the job I came here for) and a few are looking really good.

You won't be hearing from me for a while.
OMG, I am so sorry....good luck.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Essay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to all

My heart breaks for you.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice

Feeling for you.

x
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 2:35 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

terrible news. I am so sorry.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 2:39 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my god. So sorry.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 3:05 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Thats awful - hugs x x x x x
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 4:26 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus Christ my heart goes out to you. F**k can't really add any more to that
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

That's terrible - the worst news possible.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

This must be an example of the sort of nightmares all of us have leaving family behind. How terrible of that to happen to your parents and how tragic for you and your family to have to deal with.

Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:30 am
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute

My heartfelt condolences.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Be strong! All the best mate!
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:20 am
Just Joined

Jojojane is an unknown quantity at this point

Prayers are with you!
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

That is horrific. I'm so sorry.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 12:34 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing I can say other than be strong and you have people here who are thinking about you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.