Guitar Mad People

Old Nov 10th 2019, 1:08 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guitar Mad People

Found me a neat deal on a PRS SE Bernie Marsden, Whitesnake geezer and fellow Brit, signature model right here in Toronto :@)

Old Nov 10th 2019, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Found me a neat deal on a PRS SE Bernie Marsden, Whitesnake geezer and fellow Brit, signature model right here in Toronto :@)

Very nice.

By a strange coincidence, I ordered a PRS SE custom 24 from Sweetwater this morning. The second hand market here isn't particularly good. It sounds like it is very healthy near you!
Old Nov 10th 2019, 3:40 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Very nice.

By a strange coincidence, I ordered a PRS SE custom 24 from Sweetwater this morning. The second hand market here isn't particularly good. It sounds like it is very healthy near you!
Sweet ... yeh there is a few here used available

I missed out on a 425 but glad now as this one is a sweet playing guitar for sure. I have a thing for the shorter scale guitars.
Old Nov 10th 2019, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet ... yeh there is a few here used available

I missed out on a 425 but glad now as this one is a sweet playing guitar for sure. I have a thing for the shorter scale guitars.
I have just received an email from Sweetwater saying that PRS does not allow them to ship outside of the US. Bummer!

I'll have to see if I can source one through Long and McQuade, which was something I was hoping to avoid.
Old Nov 10th 2019, 5:23 pm

I have just received an email from Sweetwater saying that PRS does not allow them to ship outside of the US. Bummer!

I'll have to see if I can source one through Long and McQuade, which was something I was hoping to avoid.
Wow is a SE, made in ASIA, we’re are you ?

Long Mquade here didn’t stock PRS, online I see them at 649 $ that’s a standard over a grand for a Custom 24

Try Cosmo music and Reverb.com

Last edited by magnumpi; Nov 10th 2019 at 6:49 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2019, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wow is a SE, made in ASIA, we’re are you ?

Long Mquade here didn’t stock PRS, online I see them at 649 $ that’s a standard over a grand for a Custom 24

Try Cosmo music and Reverb.com
I am about 15 minutes south of Calgary.

L&M sell PRS here, although their selection in store is not always that good. I may have to order one in, but I hate doing that. I prefer to put my hands on anything I wish to buy prior to buying it. That is why I don't use sites like reverb for instruments.
Old Nov 10th 2019, 9:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

The ban on importing guitars that have rosewood fret boards ended a few months ago maybe Sweetwater have not updated their website yet, shouldn't be a problem importing PRS guitars or any other make for that matter.
Old Nov 10th 2019, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
The ban on importing guitars that have rosewood fret boards ended a few months ago maybe Sweetwater have not updated their website yet, shouldn't be a problem importing PRS guitars or any other make for that matter.
I am aware of CITES. This isnt a website issue. I received an email from SW informing me that their deal with PRS is that they are not allowed to ship to anyone outside of the US.

I can likely get what I was after from L&M. It was somewhat of an impulse purchase and I will need to see if I am still thinking about it in a week or two.
Old Nov 10th 2019, 11:15 pm

I am aware of CITES. This isnt a website issue. I received an email from SW informing me that their deal with PRS is that they are not allowed to ship to anyone outside of the US.

I can likely get what I was after from L&M. It was somewhat of an impulse purchase and I will need to see if I am still thinking about it in a week or two.
i have had quite a few guitars including fender (still have it) and Gibson’s (sold them just not me) Peavy Epiphones Variax Godins the list goes on

my PRS SE is by far the best guitar I have owned

just saying :@)
Old Nov 12th 2019, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Gibson Tune-o-matic bridge on a tele sacraidge

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7677763/Francis-Rossi-puts-green-Fender-Telecaster-played-Live-Aid-auction.html

Last edited by scrubbedexpat134; Nov 12th 2019 at 9:58 pm.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So, I finally finished my double neck build. The wiring diagram supplied with the kit was terrible and Solo were not much help.

Fortunately, my local luthier was happy to sort out the wiring for me but it took him some time to do so.

I have never played a double neck before and I can see that it will take some getting used to. This is also my first experience playing a 12 string and that will take some getting used to too!

Last edited by Almost Canadian; Nov 25th 2019 at 4:24 pm.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 4:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have never owned an amp that had a foot switch to switch between clean and distorted channels. I was at L & M some weeks ago to have my amp fixed and I rented this Traynor to enable me to keep playing while my amp was being fixed. This is a 50 watt tube and it is very good. Now that I have my other amp back I have to decide whether to keep this, or return it.

Traynor are produced in Canada.

Old Nov 25th 2019, 5:18 pm

I have never owned an amp that had a foot switch to switch between clean and distorted channels. I was at L & M some weeks ago to have my amp fixed and I rented this Traynor to enable me to keep playing while my amp was being fixed. This is a 50 watt tube and it is very good. Now that I have my other amp back I have to decide whether to keep this, or return it.

Traynor are produced in Canada.

Traynor are built by Yorkville sound in Pickering, near me.

i picked up a full tube Traynor 40w amp this year, it’s loaded with a Texas Heat speaker. Amazing amp, best sound of any I used. Picked mine up for 300$

That double neck looks a handful yikes

bottom left

Last edited by magnumpi; Nov 25th 2019 at 5:22 pm.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 6:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Traynor are built by Yorkville sound in Pickering, near me.

i picked up a full tube Traynor 40w amp this year, it’s loaded with a Texas Heat speaker. Amazing amp, best sound of any I used. Picked mine up for 300$

That double neck looks a handful yikes

bottom left
Very nice.

The amp plays like a charm but weighs a tonne. I wouldn't want to have to carry that up and down any stairs at a gig, I am too old for that now!
Old Nov 25th 2019, 6:35 pm

Very nice.

The amp plays like a charm but weighs a tonne. I wouldn't want to have to carry that up and down any stairs at a gig, I am too old for that now!
mine is used, the previous owner put caster wheels on the bottom, I guess he thought it was heavy too lol. Makes it easier for me to wheel in out of rehearsal room

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.