Guitar Mad People

Old Jan 10th 2019, 4:11 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guitar Mad People

Wow very nice, that butterscotch is the best for a telecaster ehh

here is my Xmas present to me. I traded a few guitars and made a few nice flips now I own this. Have my collection down to 9 only now and 4 amps
Old Jan 10th 2019, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi

Wow very nice, that butterscotch is the best for a telecaster ehh

here is my Xmas present to me. I traded a few guitars and made a few nice flips now I own this. Have my collection down to 9 only now and 4 amps
Very nice. My wife asked me what I wanted and it was a toss up between a 335 or a Tele. I have never played either but assumed I would like either so I left it for her to choose. I asked her to choose any colour that she liked too.

She bought me a hard case too so, prior to Christmas, I assumed that she had chosen the Tele. I really like it but I can't put my finger on why I do. Trouble is, my family are getting sick of hearing Sweet Home Alabama!
Old Jan 10th 2019, 1:51 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Very nice. My wife asked me what I wanted and it was a toss up between a 335 or a Tele. I have never played either but assumed I would like either so I left it for her to choose. I asked her to choose any colour that she liked too.

She bought me a hard case too so, prior to Christmas, I assumed that she had chosen the Tele. I really like it but I can't put my finger on why I do. Trouble is, my family are getting sick of hearing Sweet Home Alabama!
ha ha I hear ya

i play many songs now, have a few guys come over and we jam on Thursday nights. We have a singer too, play assorts of stuff from Floyd Run like hell, to the Hip and U2, and even Fleetwood MAC

The reason I got the semi hollow was for the jam sessions as I play some acoustic and then hard rock and that guitar does both with ease
Old Jan 10th 2019, 1:51 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

I have promised myself that, once I can play Nothing Else Matters, using a looper and performing all the parts (as best as one can with a looper) I will buy myself a Fender Telecaster (yellow). It's not that hard a song but I haven't got round to doing so yet. (worked out the intro and the solo but not the middle bit)
So, did you work out the Nothing Else Matters with a looper, then? The yellow guitar thing seems to have happened...
Old Jan 10th 2019, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
So, did you work out the Nothing Else Matters with a looper, then? The yellow guitar thing seems to have happened...
I had forgotten all about that. Yes, I learned that not long after that post. IMVHO, the only tricky bits of that song are the solo (which really isn't that bad) and the intro. The rest is relatively straightforward.

I was very pleased with the colour she choose, as it is the colour I would have chosen had I made the purchase. I can now strut around the house pretending I am Prince in Purple Rain, albeit, without the flowing locks!
Old Jan 10th 2019, 6:30 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

I had forgotten all about that. Yes, I learned that not long after that post. IMVHO, the only tricky bits of that song are the solo (which really isn't that bad) and the intro. The rest is relatively straightforward.

I was very pleased with the colour she choose, as it is the colour I would have chosen had I made the purchase. I can now strut around the house pretending I am Prince in Purple Rain, albeit, without the flowing locks!
That's good to know. We won't have to send the boys round to confiscate the Telecaster after all
I'm only jealous, of course. One day I'll take some time learn guitar. For now, I'll continue to mess around with my ukulele and pretend that not everything sounds like Leaning on a Lamppost...
Old Jan 10th 2019, 10:18 pm

Ready for jam night, we put drummer in next room lol. Ha can see us still tho

Old Jan 12th 2019, 3:32 am

Old Jan 12th 2019, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Classic.

I was working on Mark King's house at the time that came on the TV.
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 9:52 pm

Today I picked up a 2006 Line 6 Variax 700

Wow amazing guitar for sure. Models other guitars including acoustics and is able to play open tunings at a flick of a switch
Old Feb 7th 2019, 1:37 pm

Had a loud entertaining evening playing the Variax at a location in Oshawa, wow ears are still buzzing this morning

This guitar rocks, from a 12 string to a les Paul, then a Strat, perfect cover band tool for sure !!
Old Feb 7th 2019, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Very nice.

I just have to wait until one of my daughters leaves our place, so that I can move my guitars, drum set and digital piano into her room in the basement so that I can have a set up like that.
Old Feb 8th 2019, 3:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

The days of a cover band needing a huge pedal board and rack mounted processors and numerous guitars to get all the different sounds they need are gone. A variax played through a Kemper modelling amplifier will get you everything from "the Archies" to "Five Finger Death Punch". Valve amps will now slowly die a death and overpriced guitars will be a thing of the past. The price of the Kemper is a bit high but will come down as it becomes more popular. Even Chappers and The Capt got it wrong in their blind challenge ( the first time Chappers has been wrong in a sound test) they both said "thats the real amp" when it was the Kemper and vice verca. The ultimate Rock set up was/is supposedly a 59 Les Paul through through a JCM800 now you can get that for a fraction of the price. Long gone are the days when i would put a weight on the arm of my Dansette to slow the record down to try and hear what the guitarist was actually playing, but having said that the 60s/ 70s were good times musically.
Old Feb 8th 2019, 2:25 pm

we do covers and it’s the best thing for that for sure. I run mine thru a Vox Valvetronix 30 Mod amp with a 8 way foot switch dialed into all the tones and echoes I need for the night.

The acoustic side is just the pure 6 or 12 string Variax emulator thru the PA via the mixer board and a 2 way foot switch to go from PA to Vox

its a lot of fun fun for sure...We do Trav Wilberry songs, Hip, Oasis, AC/DC thru to Floyds Run like Hell.

Last edited by magnumpi; Feb 8th 2019 at 2:36 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2019, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's a real variety of genres. I love Travelling Wilburys. The guitar work of Mike Campbell on those albums is fantastic. As, of course, was his work in the Heartbreakers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.