Guitar Mad People

Old Jan 20th 2020, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guitar Mad People

I had a "new guitar day" on Saturday.

Some friends and I went for lunch near L&M and I went in to see what they had and came out with this. This was the one I had ordered from Sweetwater. I set it up to my liking on Sunday morning but, like a Kentucky fried idiot, I cut my nails on my fretting hand too short on Saturday evening and the tip of my middle finger was too painfully to be able to bend strings appropriately.

Old Jan 20th 2020, 4:32 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I had a "new guitar day" on Saturday.

Some friends and I went for lunch near L&M and I went in to see what they had and came out with this. This was the one I had ordered from Sweetwater. I set it up to my liking on Sunday morning but, like a Kentucky fried idiot, I cut my nails on my fretting hand too short on Saturday evening and the tip of my middle finger was too painfully to be able to bend strings appropriately.

wow that is sweet as !! They make great guitars ehh I am still playing mine, not picked up anything else since I got it
Old Jan 20th 2020, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
wow that is sweet as !! They make great guitars ehh I am still playing mine, not picked up anything else since I got it
It is as light as a light thing and "fits" just like a strat does. I could imagine that I could play for hours with it standing up and not have any issues.

Sat down, it feels very thin when compared to my main guitar (an LP) and the pickups can be split and, if I can get it to sound like a good single coil and if it has enough "meat" when using both coils, I can see that it could easily become my main guitar.

I have had to agree not to buy any more guitars for a while, so my wish to obtain an 80's style shred machine with a floyd rose will have to be put on ice for a while!
Old May 1st 2020, 2:36 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Hey to all the people who added to this thread.

I have just recently found this guy on YT and wish I knew about this method years ago, thought be nice to share his methods.

His channel is called the stitch method

Old May 14th 2020, 9:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have been trying to learn the run from Slash's Anastasia, show here at 0:38 :

The bit where it toggles from 15, 17 and 12th fret ascending gets me every time and I struggle to get past 70 BPM.

It looks like work life is scheduled to get back to normal on June 1 so I don't have long to get it done.
Old May 14th 2020, 9:45 pm

I have been trying to learn the run from Slash's Anastasia, show here at 0:38 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhRM868Oi2Q

The bit where it toggles from 15, 17 and 12th fret ascending gets me every time and I struggle to get past 70 BPM.

It looks like work life is scheduled to get back to normal on June 1 so I don't have long to get it done.
I picked up a Fender Duo Sonic and a Ibáñez signiture model acoustic electric over the last week, using safe distance and out door meetings

Old May 14th 2020, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I picked up a Fender Duo Sonic and a Ibáñez signiture model acoustic electric over the last week, using safe distance and out door meetings
You must have quite a collection now.

I had hoped that my daughters would be on the verge of leaving next month and my musical equipment moved into my youngest's room. C19 has out paid to that for thee moment.
Old May 16th 2020, 1:43 pm

You must have quite a collection now.

I had hoped that my daughters would be on the verge of leaving next month and my musical equipment moved into my youngest's room. C19 has out paid to that for thee moment.
I trade up, so I got a 200& Epiphone Les Paul in January for $130 and sold for $300 including a iRig mono amp I picked up for $10 then used the money for the 2017 MIM Fender Duo Sonic

Most of my collection has been built Up from A deal or two down the line lol
Old May 17th 2020, 7:21 pm

Here is my Duo Sonic, I been looking out for a 24” scale Strat like guitar since I got my PRS

This one came up right time and right price

Old May 17th 2020, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Here is my Duo Sonic, I been looking out for a 24” scale Strat like guitar since I got my PRS

This one came up right time and right price

Very nice. What do those pick ups sound like? Single coils, humbuckers or something in between?
Old May 18th 2020, 10:59 pm

Very nice. What do those pick ups sound like? Single coils, humbuckers or something in between?
It sounds like a strat, singles, it’s a mix between a strat and a Tele to be honest, it plays nice cleans and can get raunchy when cranked.

i like it, the short scale makes bar chords easier to reach for me. Won’t replace my PRS there is room for both in my players area
Old May 25th 2020, 8:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Atrip down memory lane. I wonder how much that 69 red strat is worth.
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

beccasop is an unknown quantity at this point

To be honest, I prefer the blues. I remember the first time my father took me to a bar where some blues band from a neighboring state was playing. This performance made me fall in love with the blues. Now my heart belongs to this style forever.
Old Jul 6th 2021, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

MartinaErin is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread made me thinking about customizing my vintage Harmony Rocket