Groceries

Old Oct 8th 2021, 3:44 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Groceries

Oh there will be a change in tonight's menu, but I'll have to figure out how to cook it. Snagged a couple of these.

Old Oct 8th 2021, 3:48 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Oh there will be a change in tonight's menu, but I'll have to figure out how to cook it. Snagged a couple of these.
Nice pick up! I roast mine, but they're nice barbequed/grilled too.
Old Oct 8th 2021, 5:47 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Walmart still doing their $4.99/lb leg of lamb.

I don't think I've ever seen butterfly style before. I wonder if they'd work cooked in a sauce like lamb shanks do?
Old Oct 8th 2021, 5:55 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Nice pick up! I roast mine, but they're nice barbequed/grilled too.
Actually it got a bit better; the other package was priced higher so bonus! I'll freeze the big one.

The lamb is Australian, and you are Australian, so I shall roast mine as well.

Old Oct 8th 2021, 6:14 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Walmart still doing their $4.99/lb leg of lamb.

I don't think I've ever seen butterfly style before. I wonder if they'd work cooked in a sauce like lamb shanks do?
I wouldn't cook it like that. Lamb shanks are tough so benefit from slow cooking in liquid/sauce, whereas a boneless leg (which is all a butterflied lamb leg is) very tender.

Actually it got a bit better; the other package was priced higher so bonus! I'll freeze the big one.

The lamb is Australian, and you are Australian, so I shall roast mine as well.

I wish we could get lamb bargains like that over here! Bought a leg to roast last weekend, $37. Let me know how it turns out Sean
Old Oct 8th 2021, 6:22 am
Concierge

You can have a listen to this while it's cooking

Old Oct 8th 2021, 6:55 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I wouldn't cook it like that. Lamb shanks are tough so benefit from slow cooking in liquid/sauce, whereas a boneless leg (which is all a butterflied lamb leg is) very tender.
I've always thought of a lamb shank as being the end part of a leg and those parts always cook well on a normal cook.but perhaps I'm wrong about that and they're different again.

It's just that when I've cooked shank slowly or leg of lamb normally, those end bits look the same with the meat sort of expanding but sliding up the bone.

Either way, I was thinking of a quicker cook time in the same way for a spatchcock chicken.

Tell you what though, I just read "lamb shanks are inexpensive" Not here they're not. Bloody fortune. Almost the same price as the boneless leg and quite a bit more than the leg. Looks to me like delicacy pricing

Old Oct 8th 2021, 8:19 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I've always thought of a lamb shank as being the end part of a leg and those parts always cook well on a normal cook.but perhaps I'm wrong about that and they're different again.

It's just that when I've cooked shank slowly or leg of lamb normally, those end bits look the same with the meat sort of expanding but sliding up the bone.

Either way, I was thinking of a quicker cook time in the same way for a spatchcock chicken.

Tell you what though, I just read "lamb shanks are inexpensive" Not here they're not. Bloody fortune. Almost the same price as the boneless leg and quite a bit more than the leg. Looks to me like delicacy pricing
Looks to me as if you got the best of both... a leg of lamb - with a shank you could cook separately (cook it slow and low)
Old Oct 8th 2021, 9:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Upside to your local stores seem to be getting some pretty good deals on food, I never see anything this good. Can't beat that price at all.

Old Oct 8th 2021, 11:36 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Upside to your local stores seem to be getting some pretty good deals on food, I never see anything this good. Can't beat that price at all.
When it's sitting on the rack it looks a lot more like $7.50 worth than $25 worth. I just checked your Superstore and they have some decent looking produce and fruit boxes but the meat is half price pork chops so nothing to really get excited about. There is no perfect flashfood produce box. Some come close though.

Old Oct 8th 2021, 11:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks good. Yes, pork and beef or sea food, I don't rush for, I have too much pork as is...lol

I was wary of the fruit boxes at first but then decided after seeing your photos last year I think it was, and tried it, and I have never been disappointed, its always a good value of fruit for $5, I take what doesn't freeze well and eat it, and things that do freeze okay, I chuck into the freezer and use them for smoothies, baking and such.

When it's sitting on the rack it looks a lot more like $7.50 worth than $25 worth. I just checked your Superstore and they have some decent looking produce and fruit boxes but the meat is half price pork chops so nothing to really get excited about. There is no perfect flashfood produce box. Some come close though.
Old Oct 10th 2021, 10:10 am
Account Closed

Used Wal-Mart online ordering since I had another $15 off promo which is decent savings, but they substituted the refried beans with ones that have peppers in them, I am hoping for a refund as peppers and my stomach don't get along, and my tongue doesn't appreciate peppers either, nothing to make eating unpleasant but to add some peppers to the mix.....

Pain though as that was my main dinner plan for the week...
Old Oct 11th 2021, 3:04 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Used Wal-Mart online ordering since I had another $15 off promo which is decent savings, but they substituted the refried beans with ones that have peppers in them, I am hoping for a refund as peppers and my stomach don't get along, and my tongue doesn't appreciate peppers either, nothing to make eating unpleasant but to add some peppers to the mix.....

Pain though as that was my main dinner plan for the week...
I have found Walmart to be quite fast to refund (and an easy process). They substituted a couple of items that I didn't like and gave me mushrooms that were a little bruised - full refund for the items within 24 hours.
Old Oct 11th 2021, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

My experience with Walmart customer service was good too. Something was missing from my order and I had a refund right away.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 1:56 am
Stand-up Philosopher

They had 8 of these when I checked so I bought them all. I'll pass on half to a friend if he wants them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.