Groceries

Old Feb 28th 2021, 9:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Groceries

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
You would have to ask IC why they wont let shoppers leave orders at the main door of apartments but my guess is its because too many people come by and its not secure, anyone could take the order.

Orders have to be delivered to the unit door, otherwise its not considered to have been delivered. For contactless order need to take a photo of the bags at the location you left them, so IC knows where you leave orders, and outside the main lobby door isn't acceptable.

Leaving with a concierge in the lobby would be okay, but not all buildings have a concierge.

This particular order was also not contactless so had to be delivered to the customer directly.

As far as I know IC refunds the customer when the order isn't delivered. So IC wouldn't make anything of his order, and as the items were returned to the store, IC got a refund from Wal-Mart.
Where I am the shopper/delivery person is not allowed to go to the unit door. This is for security reasons and due to Covid. The customer must come into the lobby to collect the goods from the driver. They are not allowed to leave the shopping with security/reception.
Old Feb 28th 2021, 10:03 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

You would have to ask IC why they wont let shoppers leave orders at the main door of apartments but my guess is its because too many people come by and its not secure, anyone could take the order.
Sure. Just like they could from my front door if I allowed the default of leaving it if I'm not there..
To me, this is the customer taking personal responsibility.
As far as I know IC refunds the customer when the order isn't delivered. So IC wouldn't make anything of his order, and as the items were returned to the store, IC got a refund from Wal-Mart.
The ease with which I've got refunds - even over and above the value of the 'loss' I can well believe it. I just question why it should be the case given they reserve the payment (so it's a guarantee for them and the customer agrees to it) and then the photo is "proof" of delivery.

Imagine if all businesses took deposits from customers and then refunded if the customer cancelled or was at fault in some other way. What would be the point?

Old Feb 28th 2021, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Where I am the shopper/delivery person is not allowed to go to the unit door. This is for security reasons and due to Covid. The customer must come into the lobby to collect the goods from the driver. They are not allowed to leave the shopping with security/reception.
I am sure there are some buildings in BC that may do that, but its not something I have come across yet but I imagine such buildings exist.

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Sure. Just like they could from my front door if I allowed the default of leaving it if I'm not there..
To me, this is the customer taking personal responsibility.

The ease with which I've got refunds - even over and above the value of the 'loss' I can well believe it. I just question why it should be the case given they reserve the payment (so it's a guarantee for them and the customer agrees to it) and then the photo is "proof" of delivery.

Imagine if all businesses took deposits from customers and then refunded if the customer cancelled or was at fault in some other way. What would be the point?
I don't make the rules, you would have to ask the IC executives.

In this case though the app specifically said to hand to customer and not leave unattended. So only option was to hand it to the customer but if customer isn't going to:

1- Provide a buzzer code

2- Answer messages

3- Answer the phone from my call

4- Answer the call from support.

Not sure how they expect to have their order delivered. I searched the directory but the names in the directory were last name only and I only had a first name.

Just the way IC works, can't deliver a batch your banned 24 hours. Even if its 100% not your fault and you 100% did everything you could do.

If I left out front, swiped delivered, and customer didn't get it, and reported it as missing, it would have been even worse, which is why I did not leave it, plus the delivery instructions said not to leave unattended and hand directly to customer.

It's just annoying as Sunday is the only busy day of the week, and what we earn on Sunday is how we get through the week.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Feb 28th 2021 at 12:21 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2021, 12:36 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I don't make the rules, you would have to ask the IC executives..

Old Mar 2nd 2021, 11:54 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

My neighbour is bringing a few essentials home from the store for me this morning. I was down to my last pie.

Old Mar 3rd 2021, 4:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I am too low on the pole for that as well, I am so low down on the pole that they have gate keepers aka chat agents to block any communications to anyone who could make change. IC doesn't want its contractors to have contact with decision makers, its impossible to get beyond the chat agents who have really no powers to do anything and copy and paste of a script. I assume they are humans, but in this technological age they might be chat bots for all I know.

For economic reasons we stopped buying groceries, and using the food bank for food. Not bad, 2 bags of pasta, 2 cans of sauce, and also provided 3 carrots, some onions, pringles, wheat thins, eggs, 2 frozen lasagnas, chewing gum, yogurt, 2 cans of tuna.

Supposed to last 2 adults 1 week.

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Old Mar 12th 2021, 8:31 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I got a produce box that opens up some possibilities. I've peeled, sliced, and salted 2 of the 4 cukes with a view to German cucumber salad tomorrow, and some of the other stuff is saying spaghetti sauce; good place to hide the little zucchini (shaddup) and use up the mushrooms. If I have the appetite the meatballs I made yesterday may find a home. Not bad for $4, eh?

The turnips, well, anyone who thinks onions are the only vegetable that makes you cry has never been hit in the face with a turnip.

Last edited by caretaker; Mar 12th 2021 at 8:33 am.
Old Mar 12th 2021, 10:38 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Do you soak the cukes in milk the night before making your German cuke salad. Mom always did that and then rinsed them well before making the salad.
Old Mar 12th 2021, 12:53 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Really good for $4
Old Mar 12th 2021, 3:21 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Rete
Do you soak the cukes in milk the night before making your German cuke salad. Mom always did that and then rinsed them well before making the salad.
No, I salted them, and in the morning I'll drain and rinse them.
https://www.cleverlysimple.com/using...ucumber-salad/
Old Mar 13th 2021, 1:46 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
No, I salted them, and in the morning I'll drain and rinse them.
https://www.cleverlysimple.com/using...ucumber-salad/

Gotcha! Done much the same as eggplant.
Old Mar 14th 2021, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

Salads don't appeal to me in winter months. Those pies and cheese though... very nice.

I'd be doing stews and soups with the veg.
Old Mar 20th 2021, 3:58 am
Stand-up Philosopher

My friend will come get me in an hour for a trip to Shopper's Drug Mart for a couple of lbs of butter @$2 (recurring sale on the PC app) and to the Superstore next door for the stuff I bought on flashfood and some half & half and maybe some ice cream.

Old Mar 20th 2021, 9:34 am
Account Closed

Not a bad haul at all.

Cottage cheese is odd for me, its weird as in California I liked it, but the texture and taste in BC is different, not something I enjoy, not sure if its made differently or not, just something I noticed.

I wish I could recreate the taste of store rotisserie chicken at home, I normally don't have whole chickens and they make no sense to buy when a fully cooked chicken is the same price and often cheaper, but I did find myself with a whole chicken but just can't match that flame cooked taste with electric oven it seems..ha ha

Old Mar 20th 2021, 10:21 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Not a bad haul at all.
The produce box wasn't as good as those I've bought before, but still worth the $5 I suppose, and the other stuff more than makes up for it. I doctored the veggie pizza up with ham and more cheese and had half for lunch and it's pretty good. The idea of planning meals to avoid wasting food took a hit since I got hurt because my appetite isn't as strong, so I have to look through the fridge regularly to make sure something I've forgotten about isn't spoiling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.