Groceries

Old Dec 2nd 2020, 1:03 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Groceries

Originally Posted by caretaker
I was curious about what the Marcangelo seasoned pork is like, and then thought why not the sausages too... and then I just bought the steak in case there was any room left in the freezing compartment. I keep a plastic tub of ice and an ice cube tray in there, so it takes a little organisation.
Wow, they are damn good specials!
Old Dec 2nd 2020, 1:24 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Wow, they are damn good specials!
Yes, but not quite as good as it looks, because it's overpriced. Those small packs of sausages are $5 elsewhere, so a decent discount would be $2.50. The large tray packs are on for $5 quite often when discounted, but not often bangers. Not that Free From stuff either, that's supposedly somehow healthier and costs more. If I'm frying pork sausages it's too late for that. It's a bit of a thrill tbh, snagging what I think is a bargain (most of it sold quickly) and I don't mind the easy pickup. I walk in with mask and sanitize, turn left to customer service and give them my name and they walk over to the fridge and hand it over, and I turn left again and I'm outside. It's good to buy enough to justify driving to where the store is, (the app says 4km to this one). According to the super-inflated ego of the flashfood app, I've saved $509 and 64km of CO. I'll bet.

Last edited by caretaker; Dec 2nd 2020 at 1:26 am.
Old Dec 2nd 2020, 1:43 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but not quite as good as it looks, because it's overpriced. Those small packs of sausages are $5 elsewhere, so a decent discount would be $2.50. The large tray packs are on for $5 quite often when discounted, but not often bangers. Not that Free From stuff either, that's supposedly somehow healthier and costs more. If I'm frying pork sausages it's too late for that. It's a bit of a thrill tbh, snagging what I think is a bargain (most of it sold quickly) and I don't mind the easy pickup. I walk in with mask and sanitize, turn left to customer service and give them my name and they walk over to the fridge and hand it over, and I turn left again and I'm outside. It's good to buy enough to justify driving to where the store is, (the app says 4km to this one). According to the super-inflated ego of the flashfood app, I've saved $509 and 64km of CO. I'll bet.
I'm a fan of buying bulk when prices are good too. I do have to curb my enthusiasm though, I still shop as if I have 3 ravenous teenagers.

Those trays of pork sausages are $8 here (CAD 7.60) I'd only ever had beef snaggers before I met scouse and was quite puzzled as to why he wouldn't eat them. Here, a snag on the barbie means beef and you have to hunt for the pork ones. But I must bow to his good taste, I really like the pork ones now.

Hey, go with what the app says, any boost to the ego's good!
Old Dec 2nd 2020, 1:50 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Those trays of pork sausages are $8 here (CAD 7.60)
I went back and bought 2 more of the hot Italian since they still had them. That's the flavour I usually get, and since I'm driving up there anyway. The maple flavoured breakfast sausages I got some time ago were Free From, and they were pretty good.
Old Dec 2nd 2020, 2:03 am
Concierge

I went back and bought 2 more of the hot Italian since they still had them. That's the flavour I usually get, and since I'm driving up there anyway. The maple flavoured breakfast sausages I got some time ago were Free From, and they were pretty good.
I love the chilli ones but even Cumberland are a bit too spicy for scouse's delicate constitution. Not that you'd notice he has a delicate constitution if you saw how much cake he can put away in one sitting
Old Dec 2nd 2020, 2:03 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I was curious about what the Marcangelo seasoned pork is like..
I can't speak for the bacon wrapped ones - it's still in the freezer - but the seasoned pork loin ones, with the pup-up thermometers, are pretty good and worth the normal price of $9 or $10
Old Dec 2nd 2020, 2:15 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

If you get a chance to get a 'free from' Turkey, they are superb.. I bought one 3 years ago and it was the best turkey I've had since I was a kid.. haven't been able to get hold of one since, unfortunately.
https://www.presidentschoice.ca/prod...3_pc-free-from

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 2nd 2020 at 2:25 am.
Old Dec 2nd 2020, 2:27 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
If you get a chance to get a 'free from' Turkey, they are superb.. I bought one 3 christmas's ago and it was the best turkey I've had since I was a kid.. haven't been able to get hold of one since, unfortunately.
https://www.presidentschoice.ca/prod...3_pc-free-from

Picked up an organic turkey from Sam's Club this year for my daughter's family. I slow cooked it overnight and she said it was very moist and had a great turkey flavor. A little more expensive than the supermarket turkeys, but it was the day before Thanksgiving and I had to take what I could get. Overnight cooking is now the way this family is going with cooking the bird.
Old Dec 3rd 2020, 2:46 am
Stand-up Philosopher

I went back on the app and bought 4 packs of lean Angus ground beef @2.50, then took another look minutes later and bought a pound of shucked oysters (I think that's a pint jar) for $9. I really like fried oysters, but don't have them very often. They even bring back memories of good times with friends and relatives a long time ago. I remember buying oysters in Vancouver's Chinatown or at Save-On Meats on Hastings, sometimes shucked or sometimes live for the bbq, and it became sort of a tradition.
For special events at the bar, I sometimes fired up the smoker out the back door and made smoked oysters; a big hit!
Old Dec 4th 2020, 3:41 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

My Instacart shopper today was called Joseph
Old Dec 7th 2020, 7:14 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

My wife was at the supermarket yesterday and she said that it was absolutely mental, like the Christmas rush has already started. On the plus side, she managed to get a load of fresh squid so that was tea sorted last night.
Old Dec 7th 2020, 8:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Went to the drug store to mail a letter Monday. It was nuts. Also took 40 mins in the line up. Didn't help Shoppers only had 1 clerk working.

From now until mid Jan I will be doing my annual avoid all big box stores unless absolutely necessary.

Groceries will be order online and pick up.

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
My wife was at the supermarket yesterday and she said that it was absolutely mental, like the Christmas rush has already started. On the plus side, she managed to get a load of fresh squid so that was tea sorted last night.
Old Dec 8th 2020, 7:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

If it were not hard enough to afford food, it's only gonna get worse in 2021.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/foo...port-1.5832370

bread, meat and vegetable prices are expected to rise the most.

Old Dec 8th 2020, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
If it were not hard enough to afford food, it's only gonna get worse in 2021.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/foo...port-1.5832370

bread, meat and vegetable prices are expected to rise the most.
Yes that was pretty crappy news....unfortunately its the first of many increases no doubt. .
Old Dec 9th 2020, 12:32 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Yes that was pretty crappy news....unfortunately its the first of many increases no doubt. .
Certainly not unexpected though, considering the hit producers are taking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.