Groceries

Old Apr 30th 2020, 9:51 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Groceries

Originally Posted by sid nv
You can now get your dope delivered by courier too.
https://www.interpol.int/en/News-and...D-19-lockdowns
[thinking about making an order right now]
Old Apr 30th 2020, 9:55 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

I think that that was always possible...

A colleague who lives in Saint John tells me that you can order online or phone for NB Liquor and then arrange for a cab to pick it up and deliver...interestingly enough she is over 19 but has never been asked for proof...her alcohol has arrived in her lobby without her ever having to have met the person who has brought it.
Old Apr 30th 2020, 2:26 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
I think that that was always possible...

A colleague who lives in Saint John tells me that you can order online or phone for NB Liquor and then arrange for a cab to pick it up and deliver...interestingly enough she is over 19 but has never been asked for proof...her alcohol has arrived in her lobby without her ever having to have met the person who has brought it.
It's referring to Europe/Far East, not Canada.

LYON – An INTERPOL alert is warning that criminal organizations are using food delivery services to transport drugs and other illicit goods as countries lock down during the global COVID-19 pandemic.

INTERPOL has received reports from police in Ireland, Malaysia, Spain and the United Kingdom identifying delivery drivers transporting drugs such as cocaine, marijuana, ketamine and ecstasy.
Old Apr 30th 2020, 2:30 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Completely different appearance to mine.
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
and to Siouxie’s...very odd.
Mine was from the desktop website - not the phone app, perhaps that is why?
Old Apr 30th 2020, 2:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Mine was from the desktop website - not the phone app, perhaps that is why?
mine was an app but not on my phone...iPad.
Old Apr 30th 2020, 3:13 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You lot are all a bit posh.

I can now make an online grocery order as this has not been available of late. You don't get to do feedback or a tip. You just make the list , choose a slot and hope for the best . My delivery has come on the right day and within the afternoon time frame. Pleased with that.
Old May 5th 2020, 4:04 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
You lot are all a bit posh.
Just had my second order from IGA delivered.

Nice to have pate with a bit of body to it and all the other less usual things like veal in multiple forms, boneless duck, guinea fowl etc

A limited selection but it's still wine (beer & cider) delivery to my front door.

Perhaps the best surprise of all...Canton 3 pepper sauce. At last a replacement for no longer made Maille version (and Sainsburys) and the Heinz 'seriously good' one that ceased the moment I discovered it.

I've seen Canton sauces at a local shop but never that one. Walmart advertises it but not on line nor at my store. So I was pleased to see it at IGA and even more pleased to discover it's great. I shall stock up next time. If they're still making it.
Old May 5th 2020, 6:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

So maybe each store has a slightly different layout for instacart?

Mine looks more like JG but not identical. When I went to review, all it asked me was to review how well the replacement items were, but heck if I can figure out how to rate the driver.

Update on current order- 85% of what we wanted is out/not available, so I really at this point don't think instacart is worth it overall, too unpredictable and end result is having to go out to stores anyhow. Not the shoppers fault obviously, just too unpredictable on what will actually show up.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; May 5th 2020 at 7:17 am.
Old May 5th 2020, 1:06 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Weed has always come with delivery in Canada. The convenience is one of the reasons that legal weed hasn't been able to compete successfully.
Old May 6th 2020, 3:20 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Update on current order- 85% of what we wanted is out/not available, so I really at this point don't think instacart is worth it overall, too unpredictable and end result is having to go out to stores anyhow. Not the shoppers fault obviously, just too unpredictable on what will actually show up.
This is getting like the difference between me and Canada Post and you and Canada Post.

We just had our latest Instacart delivery this morning. $160 worth. 19 different items including multiples of about half of those things. Many of them 2 of this flavour, 1 of that one, 3 of these etc...almost like we were testing the shopper.

Everything completely right.
Old May 6th 2020, 5:39 am
Oscar nominated

Ain't that just typical?
After praising our latest shopper for his efforts, I just peeled an orange to discover it was a grapefruit

Until I broke into it there was no indication from its appearance that it was anything other than an orange. They came in a red netting t hat made them appear orange. They are not bigger than oranges. "Extrafresh" (all one word) is in big letters around the netting.

This is light, I thought, as I held it. As I peeled it I thought is this a blood orange? Then I thought, no, this is a pink grapefruit.

I checked the packaging and there it is, a small sticker saying grapefruit.

I don't mind.
Old May 6th 2020, 6:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
This is getting like the difference between me and Canada Post and you and Canada Post.

We just had our latest Instacart delivery this morning. $160 worth. 19 different items including multiples of about half of those things. Many of them 2 of this flavour, 1 of that one, 3 of these etc...almost like we were testing the shopper.

Everything completely right.
Its not the shoppers fault the stores are out of stock of so much, I don't blame them at all. Ordering online right now is a gamble, all depends on time of day and how much the store has left. Yesterday based on the pictures the shopper was sending to show the shelves bare, I would say Superstore isn't able to keep up with demand, even getting hamburger patties or ground beef wasn't doable, nor was cheese, except old cheddar which apparently has plentiful but I guess less people like it, I can't stand old cheddar, needs to be mild for me, or marble, or pretty much any other, but they had none either....

We somehow ended up with cottage cheese though, we didn't order it, and its not on our bill so presumably someone didn't get their cottage cheese.
Old May 7th 2020, 10:42 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Might I ask what you are all buying with such regularity? We are doing a household shop once a week- it takes me less than 20 mins and I’m out of there. Is this perhaps a new behaviour....and there’s nothing wrong with that...or what the hell ARE you buying, as I feel I may be missing out?
Old May 7th 2020, 11:00 am
Account Closed

Might I ask what you are all buying with such regularity? We are doing a household shop once a week- it takes me less than 20 mins and I’m out of there. Is this perhaps a new behaviour....and there’s nothing wrong with that...or what the hell ARE you buying, as I feel I may be missing out?
This is what we buy typically

jug of milk
cheese
frozen burritos
cereal
frozen vegetables
frozen fuit
bread
eggs
bacon
yogurt
flavored water enhancers
bananas
ramen noodles
oranges

sometimes depending on prices ground beef or pork chops/misc random items that might be on sale.

Neither of us have much of an appetite, we usually eat eggs and bacon with a slice of break mid day, then I will have a burrito for dinner, and wife snacks on fruit and vegetables/yougurt.

Old May 7th 2020, 11:01 am
Oscar nominated

Aside from treasure hunting at IGA, the same things as normal. I'm basically doing two smallish (Instacart) shops a week (involving two stores) instead of a bigger weekly one.

Since I'm not at the store I don't get reminded of something needed - or just desired - while I'm there. Now, if any of us thinks we need something or something else would just be nice we can add it to the slot that's going to be shopped in a couple of days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.