Groceries

Old Apr 23rd 2020, 12:30 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Groceries

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Apparently Walmart are also going to trial a similar service, as are Loblaws
Sadly Walmart's not as 'universal' as it was. I used to be able to order some grocery items from them to be delivered. Large bags of rice, cereal...even toilet rolls.

But now if I try to order grocery type things - including toilet paper - I have to book a slot but only for pick up. If I want delivery, I get referred to Instacart.
Old Apr 28th 2020, 3:43 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

None of my personal shoppers have managed to get me any Marmite.

So in the chatbox today I made a note to say where they were in the store and the fact that there were only ever a handful on the top shelf meant that if one was taken you might only see a gap rather than the next one, depending how tall you were.

Mid-shop, the chatbox was updated with this.

Result!!!
Old Apr 28th 2020, 3:49 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
None of my personal shoppers have managed to get me any Marmite.

So in the chatbox today I made a note to say where they were in the store and the fact that there were only ever a handful on the top shelf meant that if one was taken you might only see a gap rather than the next one, depending how tall you were.

Mid-shop, the chatbox was updated with this.

Result!!!
Old Apr 28th 2020, 5:25 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
My shopper told me he was 190cm-6ft 2".

Judging by how far back on the shelf, that jar was probably there all the times the others didn't see it.
Old Apr 28th 2020, 5:39 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

This is definitely true for me. One big shop every 10 days during COVID. I think this will be the norm for me once we are out of this situation.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52441772

Old Apr 28th 2020, 6:15 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Too much talk of ice cream on the Trump thread, and I can't justify going for just a few things, even though I have most of a blueberry pie that is crying for ice cream.
Old Apr 28th 2020, 7:03 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by caretaker
Too much talk of ice cream on the Trump thread, and I can't justify going for just a few things, even though I have most of a blueberry pie that is crying for ice cream.
Blueberry or Apple Pies are naked without ice cream or cream or both.
Old Apr 28th 2020, 7:04 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly Walmart's not as 'universal' as it was. I used to be able to order some grocery items from them to be delivered. Large bags of rice, cereal...even toilet rolls.

But now if I try to order grocery type things - including toilet paper - I have to book a slot but only for pick up. If I want delivery, I get referred to Instacart.
Yes, I finally bit the bullet and placed an Instacart order from Walmart (only because they had a couple of things I can't get easily elsewhere).. I was impressed with the service, ordered in the morning - paid an extra $3.50 for 'anytime delivery' and had the order delivered by 5pm.

I was a bit disappointed to see some totally unrelated items had been bought to replace items I had said 'do not replace' (no alternative available) - as well as some items that hadn't been purchased but had been charged for. Pleasantly surprised to find that I was able to get a refund for the items that were listed as purchased but hadn't been and the odd couple where they had purchased the wrong item. I would use them again if I needed a big shop.
Old Apr 28th 2020, 7:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife placed an order with instacart last night for delivery today, giving it another shot, their window time frame given was 10am to 1pm, its 12:20p and no shopper has been assigned. See if it arrives today. The inability of instacart to give accurate delivery windows is a huge downside to them, end up needing to be home/near home as the window they give at ordering is never correct.

Old Apr 28th 2020, 7:46 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Blueberry or Apple Pies are naked without ice cream or cream or both.
Of course you're right, so I went and got ice cream, green onions, a cucumber, a can of cashews, 5 beautiful limes, a 12 pk of toilet paper and a frozen beef and bean burrito.
Old Apr 28th 2020, 7:53 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Yes, I finally bit the bullet and placed an Instacart order from Walmart (only because they had a couple of things I can't get easily elsewhere).. I was impressed with the service, ordered in the morning - paid an extra $3.50 for 'anytime delivery' and had the order delivered by 5pm.

I was a bit disappointed to see some totally unrelated items had been bought to replace items I had said 'do not replace' (no alternative available) - as well as some items that hadn't been purchased but had been charged for. Pleasantly surprised to find that I was able to get a refund for the items that were listed as purchased but hadn't been and the odd couple where they had purchased the wrong item. I would use them again if I needed a big shop.
My one complaint was resolved more than to my complete satisfaction in that regard. I was able to keep and use items received but not ordered and they refunded the value of the item I had ordered but was replaced with the wrong brand.

If I have said no replacement, there has correctly been no replacement. If I have named a replacement I've either had the original or the replacement as named. In other cases the chatbox was used. They've even taken photos for me to look
I believe I have given the full five stars to the last six orders.

I think I may even use the service when things get back to normal. There's a Superstore Wholesale Club (not a Club ) that would need a taxi both ways and has some things not at the other stores and some things cheaper than the other stores. 72 of my first choice coffee pods for $28 instead $36. That saving alone would make it worth it.

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
The inability of instacart to give accurate delivery windows is a huge downside to them, end up needing to be home/near home as the window they give at ordering is never correct.
You'll have to change provinces or something. It's 5.00 pm here and I'm being offered within 2 hours from Walmart (which seems normal so far), Fast and Furious Flexible from all the others either today or tomorrow or a wide range of time slots from tomorrow onwards and every order so far has been received in the scheduled slot....except one ASAP order which came in the evening when the site was suggesting next day.

For a monopoly (here) they're doing great.
Old Apr 28th 2020, 8:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My wife placed an order with instacart last night for delivery today, giving it another shot, their window time frame given was 10am to 1pm, its 12:20p and no shopper has been assigned. See if it arrives today. The inability of instacart to give accurate delivery windows is a huge downside to them, end up needing to be home/near home as the window they give at ordering is never correct.
the last 2 times we have used Instacart no one contacted us. First I knew was seeing a shadow moving by the front door. Despite clearly stating we did not want any replacements...there was indeed a lot of replacements. Many were not wanted. Will not use them again.
Old Apr 28th 2020, 8:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
the last 2 times we have used Instacart no one contacted us. First I knew was seeing a shadow moving by the front door. Despite clearly stating we did not want any replacements...there was indeed a lot of replacements. Many were not wanted. Will not use them again.
There is that possibility as well but as of now haven't heard a peep from them. So far based on 2 experiences with them, I rate them 2. Wont use them again either.

If only Save On could scale their delivery quickly, its all done in house and they do a good job, but the demand far exceeds their ability at the moment.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Apr 28th 2020 at 8:50 am.
Old Apr 28th 2020, 9:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

There is that possibility as well but as of now haven't heard a peep from them. So far based on 2 experiences with them, I rate them 2. Wont use them again either.

If only Save On could scale their delivery quickly, its all done in house and they do a good job, but the demand far exceeds their ability at the moment.
Loblaws supermarkets used to have their own shoppers. They were great...sent a text just before they started shopping. Then you were updated with every item placed in the cart. You could then say yes or no to replacements. Another text when they had finished and also when they were a couple of minutes from your home.

Instacart...no texts. Shopping left at door with all sorts of unwanted items. Last week they left me with 6 loaves. Probably take about 6 months to eat them as we are not big bread eaters.
Old Apr 28th 2020, 9:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Loblaws supermarkets used to have their own shoppers. They were great...sent a text just before they started shopping. Then you were updated with every item placed in the cart. You could then say yes or no to replacements. Another text when they had finished and also when they were a couple of minutes from your home.

Instacart...no texts. Shopping left at door with all sorts of unwanted items. Last week they left me with 6 loaves. Probably take about 6 months to eat them as we are not big bread eaters. Also got 4 giant bars of Kit Kat, a random make choc bar containing blueberries and a bag of chocs. All unwanted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.