Groceries

Old Jan 7th 2019, 6:21 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Groceries

No Frills had field cucumbers 2/.88! No excuse for not getting a full serving of vegetables in today.
Old Jan 7th 2019, 10:01 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
No Frills had field cucumbers 2/.88! No excuse for not getting a full serving of vegetables in today.
Not that I've ever had cucumber in a drink but

Bought some olives from the cart today. When I got home I discovered it was $15 worth
Old Jan 17th 2019, 7:19 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't had a duck in ages because they got pricey, but No Frills came up with these today.

Old Jan 27th 2019, 12:07 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Old Jan 31st 2019, 5:46 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Superstore advertising shoulder picnic roasts @ 99c lb.

You can never tell what it is until you look. Sometimes they are more like Hams, sometimes they look like nice Pork and capable of producing some nice crackling.

Stepdaughter went to check today - she works near there. She came home with the biggest piece of meat that I'd seen not hanging on a butcher's hook. Enormous. But we discovered it was two. Just over $20 total.

We managed to cut one into two. The other one I shall cook Sunday and we'll live on it the rest of the week.

Just noticed the flyer said whole shoulder
Old Jan 31st 2019, 11:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

You can never tell what it is until you look. Sometimes they are more like Hams, sometimes they look like nice Pork and capable of producing some nice crackling.

Stepdaughter went to check today - she works near there. She came home with the biggest piece of meat that I'd seen not hanging on a butcher's hook. Enormous. But we discovered it was two. Just over $20 total.

We managed to cut one into two. The other one I shall cook Sunday and we'll live on it the rest of the week.

Just noticed the flyer said whole shoulder

That is a good deal, I haven't seen deals like that out here.

Super store does have bulk pork loin on the flyer ending today for 1.98 per pound though.

Old Jan 31st 2019, 12:14 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Not that I've ever had cucumber in a drink but

Bought some olives from the cart today. When I got home I discovered it was $15 worth
I did that with pistachio nuts the other day.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 5:38 am
Oscar nominated

They came in a pack of two; big ones. Having cut the bigger of the two shoulders into two, we thought okay, that will do. There was a time we'd have bought more for price alone. For some reason, Pork with crackling isn't in the supermarkets much.

I cooked the big one Sunday and it was brilliant. Fantastic crackling and delicious pork - much as it was the last time we got one as we remembered upon eating it, though much smaller.

It was that good, we thought bugger it, we'll get more. So stepdaughter came back with another twin set today and we cut that into four 5lb pieces. A ridiculous $5 each.

Old Feb 11th 2019, 6:39 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no!

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ese-room-spurs
Old Feb 11th 2019, 10:23 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by dbd33
Oh no!
I missed this before. So ManU will have a rival to the prawn sandwiches brigade © Roy Keane

Old Feb 13th 2019, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't bought ground meat in a very long time but wanted to make spaghetti with meat in it (usually we skip the meat or add vegetables of some sort) and man its is expensive and it wasn't even the lean variety.

All sold in $7 packages breaks down to $4.25 per pound. And this is No Frills.
Old Feb 13th 2019, 5:27 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

@BristolUK - have you seen that Amazon are stocking a lot of Heinz stuff of late? https://www.amazon.ca/Sauces-Gravies-Marinades-Heinz/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A7352295011%2Cp_89%3AHeinz
Including a creamy pepper sauce that might be similar to what you were looking for a couple of years ago! https://www.amazon.ca/Sauces-Gravies-Marinades-Heinz/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A7352295011%2Cp_89%3AHeinz
Old Feb 13th 2019, 5:29 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I hate supermarkets, they’re full of evil things.
Old Feb 13th 2019, 7:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Oink
I hate supermarkets, they’re full of evil things.

Like food lol
Old Feb 14th 2019, 6:13 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie
@BristolUK - have you seen that Amazon are stocking a lot of Heinz stuff of late? ...Including a creamy pepper sauce that might be similar to what you were looking for a couple of years ago!

Brilliant, thanks. It does indeed look like it may be it. There's a Bearnaise version too. I'll see if I can minimise the mailing costs by adding a couple of things.
My Fray Bentos steak and kidney pies arrived a few days ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.