Groceries

Old Nov 1st 2018, 4:44 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Groceries

Given the recent discovery of our freezer contents - a small farm, if you don't mind their rigid nature - I was determined not to buy any meat or poultry on today's visit to Superstore. The lack of flyer deals was going to help, but they had in-store specials.

Chickens about $1.44lb, around $5.40 each.

Pork loin roasts the same price. One much bigger than we'd normally have for four was just over $7 and I got nearly three dollars worth of points from it too.

I can no more leave bargains like that in the store than the half price T-bone steaks good for a couple of days nor the half price flattened chicken that will be tonight's dinner.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 5:00 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
nor the half price flattened chicken that will be tonight's dinner.
Tried to cross the road?
Old Nov 1st 2018, 5:58 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Tried to cross the road?
Why did it do that?
Old Nov 1st 2018, 7:33 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Tried to cross the road?

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Why did it do that?
To see his flatmate.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 11:08 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Tried to cross the road?
Maybe it's from here
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 4:14 am
Oscar nominated

By an astonishing coincidence, from the same day's newspaper was this

Old Nov 2nd 2018, 2:34 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

By an astonishing coincidence, from the same day's newspaper was this

Old Nov 7th 2018, 9:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...p-ten-13550370 Article from todays Daily Mirror,
Old Nov 7th 2018, 9:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ooo. Jaffa cakes. Cheese and onion crisps.
Old Nov 11th 2018, 9:22 am
Oscar nominated

MIL went to Sobeys the other day - stocked up on Campbells soups @ 2/$1. Came back with 36 for $18.
Her receipt showed over $90 saved off normal prices and her bill was $140. 40% savings.

It wasn't even a targeted shop, they just had some unexpected deals at that store.
Old Dec 14th 2018, 6:17 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

If you like salsa or dipping sauces the Dollar Tree (mine, anyway) has Stubb's Green Chili and Sweet Black Pepper 'anytime sauces' (comes from Texas) for $1.25. I don't know what it is in the grocery store but it has to be $3 or $4 and it's really good. I probably bought too many but I'll give a couple away. Buy 1 of each and try it then decide. Best before date is Apr 2019 iirc but it's probably got 6 months more at least. There must have been a store go bankrupt or a shipment been refused somewhere. When they had the Herdez salsa from Mexico they had it for a year or more but you never know.
https://www.stubbsbbq.com/product/gr...ytime-sauce-2/
Old Dec 14th 2018, 6:57 am
Oscar nominated

If you like salsa or dipping sauces
We're still enjoying your salsa verde mixed with mayo suggestion. Heavenly on spuds.
Old Dec 14th 2018, 7:03 am
Stand-up Philosopher

We're still enjoying your salsa verde mixed with mayo suggestion. Heavenly on spuds.
A long time ago I did let out how to make ersatz tartar sauce for fish, using mayo or salad dressing and green relish, with or without a squeeze of lemon. I think the salsa and mayo is your creation.
Old Dec 14th 2018, 7:10 am
Oscar nominated

A long time ago I did let out how to make ersatz tartar sauce for fish, using mayo or salad dressing and green relish, with or without a squeeze of lemon. I think the salsa and mayo is your creation.
Definitely your suggestion but it may be that you didn't actually try it yourself and I was the guinea pig
I had been looking for a sauce made by Maille that I used to buy UK side. From memory it was green pepper sauce, something like that, but not a mustard. Then it disappeared from the shelves but Sainsburys did their own version and it was good.

In Longueuil - Montreal's south shore - I found the Maille version in the Metro supermarket shortly before we moved here (2005) but I've never seen it among the Maille products since, nor is there any sign of it on the Maille website.
Old Dec 14th 2018, 7:41 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Doesn't look like there's a Dollar Tree in Moncton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.