Groceries

Old Jan 12th 2018, 12:47 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Groceries

The week just ended (sorry) saw Superstore selling PC pods in a 30 pack for $14.99, about $3 or $4 less than usual. Each pack had 4000 points, worth $4.
That's pretty good, 30 cups for $11= 37c each.

I bought two packs and discovered that my PC card had product specific bonus points, so 60 cups after adjustment cost me just over $19, or 32c each.

Shame the 30 packs don't include PC Sumatra, but at least the "west coast" dark roast was included - that's the one I buy the big tins of for $8 or $9 instead of $16.

However this week's flyer does have the 12 pack Sumatra version for $6.99 plus 1000 points so, again it works out to $6 for 12 pods/50c a cup.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 6:16 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Superstore doesn't seem to be making a very good job of highlighting how much you "saved today" anymore.

You'd think they'd like their customers to believe they made a higher saving wouldn't you. It all seems to be an under estimation these days whereas previously they always made reductions appear bigger than they were.

My receipt today shows a saving of $21.29.

I bought 14 pepsi bottles for 99c. When not on offer, they are over $2 so there's at least $14 saved on pepsi.
I bought a dozen things between $1 and $4 off.

By my estimation I saved about $47 and that's not including any 50% off stuff approaching its date. I also accrued a further $11 worth of bonus reward points.

MIL bought a dozen bottles of pepsi and a few other things that were $2 off, so saved about $23 but her receipt shows no saving.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 4:27 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Think of how much you could save if you replaced Pepsi with (tap) water. Healthier too!
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 5:50 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Shard
Think of how much you could save if you replaced Pepsi with (tap) water. Healthier too!
Why not have both?

Water doesn't taste as nice.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 12:02 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Why not have both?

Sodastream?

Sparkling Flavour Mixes : Soda Stream Canada

Old Feb 24th 2018, 12:45 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Sodastream?
I don't think I've ever had a drink that has tasted as nice as Pepsi (or coke back in the days that was my preference). Diet version, of course, the full fat version is too strong. Certainly not alternative colas.

Seriously I mean that. Various beers over the years...Samuel Smith, Ruddles, Royal Oak and all the rest....lovely to drink but the pleasure there is the leisurely drinking.

If you're thirsty, by all means ordinary water. It even seems to taste nice when you build up a thirst cycling in Egypt.

But under normal circumstances, when you want a quick hit of something tasting nice, it's pepsi. MIL is the main consumer though. I'm just a 2 or 3 glasses a day person, preferring the comfort of coffee.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 7:06 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I've ever had a drink that has tasted as nice as Pepsi (or coke back in the days that was my preference). Diet version, of course, the full fat version is too strong. Certainly not alternative colas.

Seriously I mean that. Various beers over the years...Samuel Smith, Ruddles, Royal Oak and all the rest....lovely to drink but the pleasure there is the leisurely drinking.

If you're thirsty, by all means ordinary water. It even seems to taste nice when you build up a thirst cycling in Egypt.

But under normal circumstances, when you want a quick hit of something tasting nice, it's pepsi. MIL is the main consumer though. I'm just a 2 or 3 glasses a day person, preferring the comfort of coffee.
Ah well, it was just a thought.

You might want to read up on diet soda's and diabetes, by the way. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2660468/

Old Feb 24th 2018, 11:45 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You might want to read up on diet soda's and diabetes, by the way
Thanks for that. A lot of detail there
I've read a few things before and concluded "I'm okay" in terms of the effects and dangers.

My biggest danger comes from my mother in law. Sometimes I think she's trying to kill me with 'kindness'
Old Feb 24th 2018, 1:18 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Why not have both?

Yes, both is a good option too. I've stopped buying huge supplies of soft drinks, and just buy a single bottle of Coke which I dip into now and then. I agree, it's a nice taste, and I think it's good to go back to basics on it (1970's) and have it as a treat instead of relying on it as a main drink as the retailers have taught us to do.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 7:14 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Made up a supply of kimchi today; this is probably a month's worth for me and the office even if I give a jar away.
Attached Thumbnails Groceries-20180227_133646_001.jpg   Groceries-20180227_140032.jpg  
Old Mar 1st 2018, 4:35 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Superstore doesn't seem to be making a very good job of highlighting how much you "saved today" anymore.
One of my great shopping pleasures is checking out the "YOU SAVED xx TODAY!" on my receipt when I get home from Freshco. Usually its $10-20, I hit $30 once.

Waves Scottish flag of thriftfulness!
Old Mar 1st 2018, 9:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I am down to 3 soda cans a day on average.

I also drink about a liter of water on average.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel
One of my great shopping pleasures is checking out the "YOU SAVED xx TODAY!" on my receipt when I get home from Freshco. Usually its $10-20, I hit $30 once.

Waves Scottish flag of thriftfulness!
FreshCo - My wife's favourite grocery store (but we buy our meat elsewhere). Great choice, especially in 'exotic / ethnic' food!
Old Mar 1st 2018, 9:44 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I am down to 3 soda cans a day on average.

I also drink about a liter of water on average.
Get down to one can! Unless those are work freebies.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 10:18 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Get down to one can! Unless those are work freebies.
I worked for one of the big US soda beverage companies at their head office back in the early 00s and in every little break room or alcove they had big fridges full of all their brands/products and we could help ourselves throughout the day for free although we couldn't take any home. Unfortunately, I only drank water. In hindsight, it seems such a wasted opportunity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.