Groceries

Old Aug 22nd 2021, 11:35 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Groceries

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
That issue with delivery of food was real life version of this:

https://youtu.be/gKRpkhMC0WY

I ordered something the other day and my postcode wasn't recognised. It wanted post code instead of postcode. It was a UK site (where postcodes are split) but I've seen this on some North American sites too.
I usually type it without a split and no problem.

Last edited by BristolUK; Aug 22nd 2021 at 11:41 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2021, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Walmart have been doing their own deliveries around here for a while They also guarantee that they will refund anything you are not happy with, such as an alternative that has been picked for you. They sent me some mushrooms that were bruised and an 'alternative' that I didn't like and gave me a full refund within 24 hours. No tips required or allowed!

Win win!

I still like Voila but they are a bit more expensive, generally. I have stopped using Instacart unless it's for 1 wholesale store, with higher prices, delivery charges and tip it was getting too expensive..
Yeah they seem to have a good refund policy, for the pick up to, says something like not happy, get a refund.

Presumably their website is linked to stock so they should have a better idea of what is and isn't available too, where IC has 0 idea what is and isn't available.

Looking at the orders page, it doesn't say anything about being satisfied, it literally says "Changed your mind, request a refund"

Looks like they give 10 days to refund too.

Everything we ordered was in the order, it was packed well, and everything cold and/or frozen no complaints.

We just pick up since it saves on the delivery fee, and if not for the $15 off first 3 orders, I wouldn't even do pick up, but I can't pass on $15 savings, that is simply $15 more food I can get with the same $80 that we had.

Almost tax free, but I couldn't resist the $1 chocolate bar, it had 4 cents GST.

I try to make a solid effort to buy 0 taxable grocery items, and generally succeed, unless I toss in a $1 candy bar.
Old Aug 22nd 2021, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

I ordered something the other day and my postcode wasn't recognised. It wanted post code instead of postcode. It was a UK site (where postcodes are split) but I've seen this on some North American sites too.
I usually type it without a split and no problem.
Its hard to know sometimes what a website wants sometimes its V2P 4L4 and sometimes its V2P4L4 seems to be no solid consistency in Canada on the format.

Then some US sites, you need to put in 00000 in the zip code portion, and then the actual postal code in the "other box" which makes sense, probably easier on their end since they are not catering to Canadians, and want the box to be required for their core base, but took me a few times to figure it out since there was never any mention on how to do it, since most US sites do just take the Canadian postal code in the zip box if they let Canadians sign up, and/or order and you choose Canada as the country, but some don't and got to put the 00000 in.

A trick that works at some gas stations in the US but not all for pay at the pump is to do the the 5 0's when asked for zip code, but on my last trip, I noticed this worked a lot less than it did previously, so have to go in and pay more often than not, but some stations it still worked.

Old Aug 22nd 2021, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

Ministry is giving my wife a $35 diabetic supplement for food each month now to eat a diabetic healthy diet.
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 12:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ministry is giving my wife a $35 diabetic supplement for food each month now to eat a diabetic healthy diet.
It will cover a day or three. It is something.
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

As a Type I diabetic myself, I would love to know what is recommended for diabetics to eat that isn't also recommended for non-diabetics to eat, as I imagine they are the same thing.
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 5:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
As a Type I diabetic myself, I would love to know what is recommended for diabetics to eat that isn't also recommended for non-diabetics to eat, as I imagine they are the same thing.
Wife is type 2, been told not to eat high carb foods like pasta, where food banks give mostly high carb foods so it becomes a bit of a pickle if your relying on food banks as part of your food source.
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Wife is type 2, been told not to eat high carb foods like pasta, where food banks give mostly high carb foods so it becomes a bit of a pickle if your relying on food banks as part of your food source.
I would imagine that complex carbs would be preferable to simple carbs as a Type II. But those are just as preferable for non diabetics as they would be for diabetics. I honestly cannot see what complex carbs would be a bad thing for a Type II diabetic, but I appreciate that I am not an expert, so I will leave it for those that are.
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 6:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I would imagine that complex carbs would be preferable to simple carbs as a Type II. But those are just as preferable for non diabetics as they would be for diabetics. I honestly cannot see what complex carbs would be a bad thing for a Type II diabetic, but I appreciate that I am not an expert, so I will leave it for those that are.
I have no idea, just what the diabetes nutritionists as the clinic said as well as the doctor there, both of whom had to sign the form to get the $35, its not something one can get on their own without doctor.

However she is on antipsychotic medications which do well for preventing delusional thinking, mania, and other problematic symptoms, and have been well known for decades for causing rapid weight gain, and diabetes (a person can go from normal weight to 100-200 pounds overweight in under a year on this class of medication) but the cause of it was not known, but now science seems to know the cause, turns out the same chemical messengers these medications block in the brain, also block chemical messages to the pancreas leading to uncontrolled production of blood glucose-regulating hormones.

Body basically can't regulate itself properly, probably also explains why the traditional treatments for type 2 are not very effective for those on that class of medication.

Old Aug 23rd 2021, 6:58 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

However she is on antipsychotic medications which do well for preventing delusional thinking, mania, and other problematic symptoms, and have been well known for decades for causing rapid weight gain, and diabetes (a person can go from normal weight to 100-200 pounds overweight in under a year on this class of medication) but the cause of it was not known, but now science seems to know the cause, turns out the same chemical messengers these medications block in the brain, also block chemical messages to the pancreas leading to uncontrolled production of blood glucose-regulating hormones.

Body basically can't regulate itself properly, probably also explains why the traditional treatments for type 2 are not very effective for those on that class of medication.
Interesting.
I was watching a 'live' Bowling For Soup video on youtube the other day from about 4 years ago. I was astonished at the size of the lead singer compared to a few years earlier

He seems to have had some mental illness issues that may have contributed.
Old Sep 1st 2021, 9:19 pm
Account Closed

Just what we don't need higher food prices.

If you drink cheap sugary drinks, you can trick your brain into thinking your eating.
Old Sep 10th 2021, 9:20 pm
Oscar nominated

Never seen these before but they had a bunch of them in Superstore @ $16 each but marked down @ $8.

To be honest, having sampled a pack now, $16 is pretty good value. I doubt you could do your own for $8 for this quantity of food.

There are 12 tortillas, far too much chicken for 12, some coleslaw and some grated cheese.

I bought and cooked some half price chicken drumsticks too but the tacos were enough for supper for three of us.
Old Sep 13th 2021, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
It will cover a day or three. It is something.
Actually ending up covering quite a bit as she was referred to a low cost meal program who tailors meals to ones healthcare needs, 7 dinners/week and all they charge is the amount provided by disability, so it works out well for her, its hard navigating what is okay to eat and not okay to eat when your not a dietician and I couldn't make her 28 meals a month for $30 with the ingredients these meals are using.

Old Sep 14th 2021, 12:23 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

Never seen these before but they had a bunch of them in Superstore @ $16 each but marked down @ $8.

To be honest, having sampled a pack now, $16 is pretty good value. I doubt you could do your own for $8 for this quantity of food.

There are 12 tortillas, far too much chicken for 12, some coleslaw and some grated cheese.

I bought and cooked some half price chicken drumsticks too but the tacos were enough for supper for three of us.
Apparently similar to the Costco chicken taco package... I've never heard of them before either!
https://www.costcuisine.com/post/cos...n-tacos-review
https://www.instacart.com/products/1...et-tacos-12-ct

Was it tasty?
Old Sep 14th 2021, 12:29 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Apparently similar to the Costco chicken taco package... I've never heard of them before either!
Was it tasty?
They were very good.

Yes, they do look the same - allowing for dressed up a bit for the photo and me carrying it home sideways

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.