Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Greetings from Vancouver Island

Greetings from Vancouver Island

Old Sep 12th 2006, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greetings from Vancouver Island

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
I bet you wear boxer shorts, too!
You peeping tom, you!
Old Sep 12th 2006, 3:19 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Calgal
You peeping tom, you!
But if I don't "peep" how am I supposed to get the pictures?

Oh you were referring to Butch.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 3:22 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hangman
But if I don't "peep" how am I supposed to get the pictures?

Oh you were referring to Butch.
What are you doing up so early????
You're on holiday shouldnt you be having a lie in?
Old Sep 12th 2006, 4:04 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
What are you doing up so early????
You're on holiday shouldnt you be having a lie in?
The tide came in
Old Sep 12th 2006, 4:07 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
The tide came in
OH No do you think his fixer up will need MORE fixing up then????? :scared:
Old Sep 12th 2006, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Hangman
Thanks guys.

Oh yeah while we were out there we did find a piece of real estate with some possibilities. It needs a little work but it does have potential.

What you might call a handyman's special or a little fixer-upper.

What do you think?

And at a low west coast price of $500,000. :scared: Buy it now before its gone.....

Absolutely gorgeous pics steve. Hope you're having a wonderful vacation - and relaxing!
Old Sep 12th 2006, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Iaink's comment about the digital SLR -- I was just thinking the same thing.

What camera are you using Hangman? Those are really gorgeous photos.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 6:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by lizwil98

Canon Rebel (he already told me)
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:54 pm

As Butch already said I'm using a Canon Digital Rebel. I'm seriously thinking of selling very soon and getting the latest version the Digital Rebel XTi just released this month by Canon.

If you go to this link you'll see at the bottom of most pictures it says which camera and lens was used also the settings for that photo.

http://www.pbase.com/hangman/parksville_2006

Cheers
Steve
Old Sep 13th 2006, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Oh right. I didn't click on the photos before - just looked at the thumbnails. I used to be a real expert at SLR cameras in the olden days. We have a Canon FX in the cupboard. Weighs about 20 lbs. Has an extra lens. It's been there for years and years. Don't know if it's worth anything. We will never use it. I guess I should look for lessons on how to use a digital SLR 'cos I 've forgotten everything I ever knew.

I looked at all your galleries. I love those blue ones taken out at the coast. The ones of the mountains taken from Vancouver Island I assume.

My old boss had one of those metal bodied Canons. Went to Paris. On the Metro a guy tried to mug them. Grabbed his wife by the hair from behind. My boss had the strap to the camera wound around his hand to stop anybody stealing it. But he said it sure made a wonderful weapon. He slugged the guy around the head with his Canon "cosh" - swung it on the end of the strap - and the guy took off!

Last edited by Purley; Sep 13th 2006 at 9:30 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 12:14 am

Oh right. I didn't click on the photos before - just looked at the thumbnails.

I looked at all your galleries. I love those blue ones taken out at the coast. The ones of the mountains taken from Vancouver Island I assume.
Sorry about that I should have mentioned to click on the thumbnails to see the larger images.

Thank you for taking the time to look at the other galleries.

I do sell some prints but mostly only if someone asks, I don't try to push them in any way.

Cheers
Steve