The Grand Tour

Old Nov 21st 2016, 8:35 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Grand Tour

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I share some similarities with Mr Clarkson 6'5" curly-haired south Yorkshireman, former resident of Wandsworth, with an interest in cars, and the same diplomatic personality and good-natured sense of humour.
Mr. Who?
Old Nov 21st 2016, 9:32 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

I share some similarities with Mr Clarkson former resident of Wandsworth
That would most likely be the prison then.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 9:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
That would most likely be the prison then.
There is a prison in Wandsworth, but not all of Wandsworth is a prison.

I used to walk past Young's Ram Brewery on the way to work every day. At that time Mr Clarkson used to live somewhere in the vacinity of the top of East Hill.
Old Nov 27th 2016, 7:24 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

I loved the second episode- the challenge was completely daft but I found it hilarious - hell, that Audi may look boring but what a top speed it can reach

Last edited by Stinkypup; Nov 27th 2016 at 7:32 am.
Old Nov 27th 2016, 11:53 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Second episode even worse than the first, dead horse and flogging come to mind ( and I liked TG with the 3 of them ).
Old Nov 28th 2016, 12:04 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I was hoping that the change of channels would give the show a shot in the arm. So far it just appears to be more of the last few overscripted, increasingly unfunny series, just with a higher budget. I'm willing to give it until the end of the series but at this rate both this and the Beeb's version need to put out to pasture.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 12:08 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I was hoping that the change of channels would give the show a shot in the arm. So far it just appears to be more of the last few overscripted, increasingly unfunny series, just with a higher budget. I'm willing to give it until the end of the series but at this rate both this and the Beeb's version need to put out to pasture.
Agreed
Old Nov 28th 2016, 1:06 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched the second episode. Wow how bad was that !! They are actually making Chris Evans look plausible
Old Nov 28th 2016, 1:09 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly I have very bad taste
Old Nov 28th 2016, 1:41 am
Pretty Fly For A Whiteguy

Mr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Clearly I have very bad taste
I'm with you.

I loved it.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 1:46 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Sadly, I agree. They seem to have started to believe the myth that the cars aren't important. IMO the cars are essential, and Jez, Richard, and James are what makes their show different from every other car show. Both halves are essential, and the whole should be more than the sum of its parts. At the moment it isn't.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 28th 2016 at 2:30 am.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 2:14 am
I need a walk

Sadly, I agree. They seem to have started to believe the myth that the cars aren't important. IMO the cars are essential, and Jez, Richard, and James are what makes their show different from every other car show. Both halves are essential.
So the Vulcan wasn't enough of a car then?
Old Nov 28th 2016, 2:26 am
Seasoned Maritimer

That was a photo and the other was not even a photo, just a sketch
Old Nov 28th 2016, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
So the Vulcan wasn't enough of a car then?
Yes, but there wasn't enough of the Vulcan, five minutes-or-so of a car isn't enough, no matter how awesome the car. The special ops piece was too much färting around, and not enough of the Audi, which appears to be a very nice car, and well sorted, but it only had a walk-on part when it should have been front and centre.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 2:34 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Tangram
That was a photo and the other was not even a photo, just a sketch
Huh?
Bloody realistic animated Clarkson driving it then, no wonder it costs a lot to produce the show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.