Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Good Music Thread

The Good Music Thread

Old Jan 15th 2013, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Good Music Thread

Just for fun.... post here your favourite music vids / tracks. However, lets make a rule that you cannot post unless you make a critical comment about one of the previous entries, otherwise it just gets to be a long boring string of YouTube clips.

Starting off (don't forget, before you can post, you have to review one of the above!):

Old Jan 15th 2013, 6:17 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Good Music Thread

I'll play .........

Regarding Adele, certainly not my taste in music and tbh I couldn't stand hearing this song - total overkill - coupled with the fact that when she became well known, all you heard on the radio was "isn't it great that people with a fuller figure are getting exposure."

No, no it isn't - if you can sing you can sing - what the hell does it matter if you're fat or not. That really used to piss me off.

Then I saw her interviewed on Jonathon Ross and changed my opinion of her personally (I find her very funny), but her music no thanks.

Ok here's my pick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD6sMFyUtNk

Last edited by mandymoochops; Jan 15th 2013 at 6:24 am.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 6:23 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

right now thats pissing me off, how do you put your little video clip in your post
Old Jan 15th 2013, 11:47 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
right now thats pissing me off, how do you put your little video clip in your post
Clicky on the little movie reel icon, 15th from the left. That produces a pop up box where you copy the link to your you tube video into. Job's a good 'un.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 11:56 am
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding Adele - Rolling in the deep.

Nice song, sung with a powerful voice but shamefully let down by an amateurish video. Whoever edited that sequence together was really struggling to put Adele in a good light, and you can really tell. Zoom in, zoom out, pan, insert clip of dancer in the dust. Glasses of water? I had no idea what the song was about but if the there was a story to be told then, the video missed this opportunity. A fragmented, wasted opportunity.

Here's a WTF? video to contrast with:

Old Jan 15th 2013, 12:22 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Greenhill
Regarding Adele - Rolling in the deep.

Nice song, sung with a powerful voice but shamefully let down by an amateurish video. Whoever edited that sequence together was really struggling to put Adele in a good light, and you can really tell. Zoom in, zoom out, pan, insert clip of dancer in the dust. Glasses of water? I had no idea what the song was about but if the there was a story to be told then, the video missed this opportunity. A fragmented, wasted opportunity.

Here's a WTF? video to contrast with:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2cXDgFwE13g
Well, that was mildly disturbing, lol. Pretty good video all the same.

Here's my choice. I never get tired of listening to this:

Old Jan 15th 2013, 12:56 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

I can't open these videos on this stupid iPad - is it something to do with Flash? iPad's are useless!
Old Jan 15th 2013, 3:06 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenhill
I fail to see the wtf'ness about that.

Anyway, classic DM

Old Jan 15th 2013, 3:24 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Adele's song is so great that, for me, the video is irrelevant.

Some good music from 2012...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUDjRZ30SNo

Couldn't understand AtlanticExpat's instruction? What little movie reel?
Old Jan 15th 2013, 3:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I believe I would like Adele if I had access to British radio, but she gets way too much airplay over here for me to be able to control my rage each time her songs, Pink's and Lady Gaga's rotate.

I like this one:

I like this version of it too:

Last edited by Almost Canadian; Jan 15th 2013 at 3:45 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Couldn't understand AtlanticExpat's instruction? What little movie reel?
When you are posting a reply, it is one of the icons just below the redo button above where you type your text.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 3:57 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Second try at inserting a video.

Some vintage Canadian rock this time !

Last edited by Shard; Jan 15th 2013 at 3:58 pm. Reason: PS> Thanks Atlantic and Almost - it worked.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 5:47 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Good carefree days in 80's England

Old Jan 15th 2013, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Canuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond repute

Early 80's England:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMm6uDe9oHA
Old Jan 15th 2013, 5:57 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canuck74
Haa brilliant C74. Like the Cockney Rejects.

Now back to your revision son!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.