Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Good afternoon from Sunny Ipswich, East Anglia - home!

Good afternoon from Sunny Ipswich, East Anglia - home!

Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good afternoon from Sunny Ipswich, East Anglia - home!

Hello my lovelies,

Hope you are all keeping well, to be honest my ears have been burning but I haven't looked to see what's been posted with supposition regarding my return to the UK, but I'll just let you know what's been happening.

After 10 years with my husband I decided, sadly but very rationally to return to the UK on the 2nd of April, he's still in Canada. As you all know, he worked away all through the near on two years we spent in Canada and in the end I realised that I had given up an awful lot and took a huge hit in my quality of life, for not very much in return. The split has been really amicable we still love each other to bits, but we are now going to just move forwards and see what comes next.

It's lovely to be home, I'm working as a student manager (the old head of year) in a high school, I bought and moved in to my own house last Friday which is a nice 3 bed semi in a good area and I have been able to have a social life with people who know me, understand me and have the same outlook on life. The kids have settled back in their old school, they are doing great, so over all it's been really simple to return.

I loved Canada, but never settled for all different types of reasons. I woudn't undo Canada or my decision to go, but in the same way I am absoloutely convinced that it's been the right thing to return...... We all have different values and motivators, I now know mine.

I have no idea what the future will hold for any of us, but I do know that friends and family are what motivate me the most in life, however lovely the big houses, the four wheel drives and the wide open spaces are in Canada there is no feeling like knowing there are people who really care about you just down the road, that my nieces and nephews know me and that my parents won't be in need without me to help.

Whatever happens, I think all you can do is view Canada as a life experience that changes you forever, it's certainly made me more self sufficient, way more discerning and careful of people (you know who they are!) and most importantly much more accepting of myself and feeling comfortable in my own skin. Admittedly what also helps is I live in a nice area of England, so it makes it easier to be here from that point of view.

Take care peeps, thanks for all the support and giggles as I sat there night after night on my own in the prairies surfing BE! I'm now heading off to the sea side to meet mum and dad and the kids, to have fish and chips and call in on friends on the way home. Now that to me is, priceless.

All the very best
Mistress Miggins.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:56 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good afternoon from Sunny Ipswich, East Anglia - home!

I must have missed the posts about your return then.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 1:53 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Tough decisions all.

I sincerely hope you're happy with all of them and wish you all the very best in you new life.

Cheers
Steve
Old Jun 14th 2009, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear your update M. I'm always so very saddened when I hear of families splitting in different directions after this emigrating lark, but it can cause so many previously-unchallenged conversations !

My best wishes to all of you and I hope life in East Anglia proves to be a great move back.

Ann
Old Jun 14th 2009, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Mistress M

Glad to hear you have settled and everything being ok for you and the kids- have sent you an email with a link to the photos from the dance recital just in case Lily would like to take a look.

I cannot explain how much I miss you lady - the one Expat I thought i would never ever get on with but who also ended up as my closest Expat matey.

Some how life in the Bridge is not quite as it used to be

Miss ya loads
Old Jun 14th 2009, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

MR MOM will become famous soon enoughMR MOM will become famous soon enough

Wow brave move. I'm from Ipswich and can't imagine moving back to the scuzzy place.Where abouts are you staying in town?
Old Jun 14th 2009, 4:13 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

M,

Lovely post, been 'watching' you on FB and got the impression you had made the right move. So glad things are working out for you back in blighty and as you say we all have different motivators.

There is one thing I am struggling to forgive you for though .

Keep happy Hun

Butch.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're all happy Mistress M...
Old Jun 14th 2009, 5:45 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

yup been watching you on FB too -glad yr happy
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:38 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Glad your happy - you were brave to do that and it looks like it paid off - That's GREAT!
Old Jun 14th 2009, 9:18 pm

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

Although we never got the time to get to know each other, i so understand the move back, good on you for making the right move for you and yours....

The main point is - You are happy and that is the only thing we can ask for in life.
I know what you mean, as you know i have been through the mill over the last few months, but its made me stronger and i am so more careful who i allow into my palace now adays

Will be around on FB and i hope that we can meet up one day to have that timmies

Good Luck
LB
Old Jun 14th 2009, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

mardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond repute

This all sounds terribly sad and I applaud you for following your heart, well done.

I wish you all the very best in fitting back into the UK. You don't miss what you've never had so I can't relate to the family ties. But who ever knows what really makes us happy until its not there anymore.

The very best to you and yours and I hope its all been worthwhile.

cheers
Old Jun 14th 2009, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, what a great post you sound so possative. I hope things work out well for all of you,

I know what you mean about fish and chips by the sea side, would be from Vegas would they ?
Old Jun 14th 2009, 11:39 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello MM

It must have been a really tough decision for everybody involved, I didn't even realise you moved back to Blighty.

I wish you all the happiness with your new life
Old Jun 14th 2009, 11:42 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mistress Miggins
Hello my lovelies,

Hope you are all keeping well, to be honest my ears have been burning but I haven't looked to see what's been posted with supposition regarding my return to the UK, but I'll just let you know what's been happening.
I looked back through your posts to see what I missed and I couldn't find anything to suggest you had gone back! In fact the last post on anything near the subject was this: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...48#post7332348

Anyhoo ..... hope you find what makes you happy. That's the main thing in life!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.