Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Old Mar 22nd 2016, 2:26 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
...I used to torrent...
I've never been able to work out how to do it but I don't really need to.

I think there have maybe been one or two movies I haven't found except for on a torrent site but that's no big deal.

Internet Download Manager is fantastic for saving streams.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 2:33 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I've never been able to work out how to do it but I don't really need to.

I think there have maybe been one or two movies I haven't found except for on a torrent site but that's no big deal.

Internet Download Manager is fantastic for saving streams.
I like watching as they stream- internet speed though is very good- I'm watching movies in my little /office whilst Snoop is lying in bed watching Australian and Kiwi versions of FL unearthing cases full of baccy/veggies/fish/uncooked chicken - oh well, I suppose it takes all sorts to make a world
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 2:45 am
Just Joined

123Karen is an unknown quantity at this point

The night manager and black sails are fabulous.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 2:47 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

... internet speed though is very good...
Here too. Often just a few minutes to download a movie.

Snoop is lying in bed watching Australian and Kiwi versions of FL unearthing cases full of baccy/veggies/fish/uncooked chicken - oh well, I suppose it takes all sorts to make a world

Yesterday I became aware of someone here watching Say Yes to the Dress.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 2:58 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Here too. Often just a few minutes to download a movie.

Yesterday I became aware of someone here watching Say Yes to the Dress.
I thought that I was in trouble..... Hopefully you have a little Bristolian man cave to play Barry Norman in.... AWN?

I liked these fun facts about Bristol - best ones Grommit cakes and weird street names, similar to our last city, Norwich.. Worst was the fact that bloody hipsters get everywhere
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 3:22 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose it comes down to the rights and wrongs of downloading - I used to torrent and Snoop repeatedly slapped my paws and threatened to withdraw my pocket money if I continued and then mini-Stinky was found to be even worse than I was. Snoop had been getting the emails warning her and she was worried about being labelled a crim

I kind of saw their point so ditched our satellite coz it was crap anyhow and just stream now. My conscience is slightly eased but probably hypocritically so. I still go to the cinema occasionally though unlike Oinks Saloon Bar Movie house there is no booze
I think, that its only illegal to upload in Canada, so, just use the big service and hit and run.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 3:34 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Oink
I think, that its only illegal to upload in Canada, so, just use the big service and hit and run.
Yes but Snoop's bark is as bad as her bite so I couldn't stand the earache, it was doing my head in... My main sin was Game of thrones

Canadians Are Leading ‘Game Of Thrones' Pirates, And HBO Is Cracking Down

Bad dog
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 11:23 am
Oscar nominated

I thought that I was in trouble..... Hopefully you have a little Bristolian man cave to play Barry Norman in.... AWN?
Otherwise known as the kitchen.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Lorna J is an unknown quantity at this point

Just started watching Line of Duty, catching up on last season via iplayer and the new series has just started, brilliant.
Also the Night Manager - really loved this and of course Happy Valley
Old Mar 30th 2016, 6:20 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but Snoop's bark is as bad as her bite so I couldn't stand the earache, it was doing my head in... My main sin was Game of thrones

Canadians Are Leading ‘Game Of Thrones' Pirates, And HBO Is Cracking Down

Bad dog
Same here. With the new season starting next month and no HBO I may well be risking those nasty lawyers letters again....
Old Mar 30th 2016, 8:29 pm
Formerly known as Hangman

Tinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I can't point you to a specific link but I believe the Harper Government changed that law a little while back. I understand it is now illegal to upload or download in Canada.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 8:37 pm

Tinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Same here. With the new season starting next month and no HBO I may well be risking those nasty lawyers letters again....
Might I suggest instead of using torrents which can be traced, one research secure news servers and Usenet newsgroups.
Just sayin' like.
Old Mar 31st 2016, 12:52 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Tinpusher63
Might I suggest instead of using torrents which can be traced, one research secure news servers and Usenet newsgroups.
Just sayin' like.
Or just stream... Which has been described ad nauseam () and doesn't get you the naughty pup emails
Old Mar 31st 2016, 1:16 am
Oscar nominated

Or just stream... Which has been described ad nauseam () and doesn't get you the naughty pup emails
Juss wunderin......

What is there that indicates to anyone interested that one has downloaded as opposed to streamed?
Is it like a plate of peas and the streaming option is like one pea disappearing at a time while the download gobbles them all up in a second?

How would anyone know that it was illicit peas rather than legal beans from youtube for example?

Old Mar 31st 2016, 1:35 am

Juss wunderin......

What is there that indicates to anyone interested that one has downloaded as opposed to streamed?
Is it like a plate of peas and the streaming option is like one pea disappearing at a time while the download gobbles them all up in a second?

How would anyone know that it was illicit peas rather than legal beans from youtube for example?
If it is available from a TV website or on YouTube then it's almost guaranteed to be legal. If it is not available from those sources i.e. Game of Thrones or movies just released on DVD then it is likely (read probably) illegal.

Peas from legal sites OK. Peas via torrents or other means not OK. Further to that, torrents traceable other sources previously mentioned up-thread a little, if on secure servers not traceable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.