Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Old May 23rd 2017, 3:27 am
Best Place on Earth- LMAO

jandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Originally Posted by Oink
I've mentioned it before but now it's on iPlayer I thought it might be available to a wider audience. The film is "Kajaki: The True Story.

It's not for the feint of heart but it's a vey acute portrayal and I know of colleagues on both the UK and US side that were involved with this particular event. Anyway it's worth watching.
It's on Netflix with a different title.
Old May 26th 2017, 12:45 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Found a series called Berlin Station which really ought to be right up my street but I've seen the first two episodes and I'm still not sure what to make of it.

It's as recent as last year and is going into a second season this year....
I like it.

If you like Homeland and Rubicon you should like this. That means you, Shard.

House of Cards has transferred really well to the USA and Berlin Station could have been written by Le CarrΓ© and similarly been Americanised without that being the bad thing that it sometimes is.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 6:57 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

House of Cards season 5 became available on Netflix last week.

I'm up to episode 5 so far. Bit weird watching suspension of voting in election following 'incidents' in fiction and then hearing the same thing discussed in reality regarding UK's general election.

Part 5 of Twin Peaks return all ready and waiting for later tonight.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
House of Cards season 5 became available on Netflix last week.

I'm up to episode 5 so far. Bit weird watching suspension of voting in election following 'incidents' in fiction and then hearing the same thing discussed in reality regarding UK's general election.

Part 5 of Twin Peaks return all ready and waiting for later tonight.
I started watching the series about 2 months ago and I'm on the last episode of season 4 now. The parallels to actual events in the United States of Trumpistan are uncanny.

Does Claire Underwood ever wear sweats and a t-shirt.?

This website has funny recaps.

House of Cards β€” TV Episode Recaps & News
Old Jun 6th 2017, 5:57 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
I started watching the series about 2 months ago and I'm on the last episode of season 4 now. The parallels to actual events in the United States of Trumpistan are uncanny.

Does Claire Underwood ever wear sweats and a t-shirt.?
I seem to recall sweats when she was out jogging in the early ones.

Do you find yourself cheering for the Underwoods - especially Frank - while at the same time so wanting Trump to be impeached?
Old Jun 6th 2017, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to recall sweats when she was out jogging in the early ones.

Do you find yourself cheering for the Underwoods - especially Frank - while at the same time so wanting Trump to be impeached?
More like Lululemon outfits.

Yes, I cheer for the Underwoods. They are so evil and awful and self-serving and a caricture of most politicians..a subset of humanity I generally don't have a lot of respect for. The only one was my wife's grandfather in NB who seemed a good sort.

Doug Stemper is a very driven dark force as well.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 5:24 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

More of a warning than a recommendation, for heaven sake, don't watch Men Who Sleep in Trucks. I thought it might be an interesting socio-psychological investigation into the alienation and wretched drudgery of physical labour. But it's just a bunch fat old men in bed.

Last edited by Oink; Jun 7th 2017 at 5:31 am.
Old Jun 10th 2017, 5:17 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

OITNB Season 5 released on Netflix today ....Not sure that this appeals to many on here
Old Jun 10th 2017, 2:35 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
OITNB Season 5 released on Netflix today ....Not sure that this appeals to many on here
My wife liked it. But then she was an avid watcher of the Real Housewives franchise too.
Old Jun 10th 2017, 5:54 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

My wife liked it. But then she was an avid watcher of the Real Housewives franchise too.
I googled award nominations and wins for those two shows- Four Emmys wins, about 20 nominations, nominations for Golden Globes,multiple wins at the Screen Writers Guild for OITNB, I struggled somewhat when researching the RH franchise.

I'm really not sure that they are comparable ....
Old Jun 10th 2017, 10:58 pm
Oscar nominated

I'm really not sure that they are comparable ....
Not side by side, no. But everyone I knew who liked one, liked the other as well.

The sample was two.

I was just teasing
Old Jun 10th 2017, 11:01 pm
I need a walk

Not side by side, no. But everyone I knew who liked one, liked the other as well.

The sample was two.

I was just teasing
Were they women by any chance?
Old Jun 11th 2017, 12:45 am
Oscar nominated

Were they women by any chance?
Yes but only one sharing the home. The other is a nurse

Stepdaughter actually commented "I don't even know why that's on my (hers) computer."

So she didn't like Real Housewives...but she did watch Sister Wives or whatever it was called.

I seem to recall a few on BE used to watch RH too.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 1:06 am
I need a walk

Yes but only one sharing the home. The other is a nurse

Stepdaughter actually commented "I don't even know why that's on my (hers) computer."

So she didn't like Real Housewives...but she did watch Sister Wives or whatever it was called.

I seem to recall a few on BE used to watch RH too.
But have you watched OITNB? It is actually pretty good - 93% Rotten πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…
Old Jun 11th 2017, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Love it!!!!! I'm settling down for the first couple of episodes as we speak!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.