Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Old Oct 27th 2016, 12:08 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Third series of The Fall definitely worth watching. Tons better than series two.
The fourth on BBC currently....not so much. Extremely slow.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 12:44 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
The fourth on BBC currently....not so much. Extremely slow.
I watched episode 5 last night - RTE is a few days ahead.

I'm finding they fly by.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 4:53 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Gawd knows how, nothing happens.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 2:28 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think there are many people who share my taste in TV re the zombie / horror genre on this forum but heh ho...Even I was shocked by the brutality and graphic display of killing in the opener of the new season of The Walking Dead Definitely not for bats or Shards' delicate eyes and stomachs anyhow! I think they overstepped the line.

Having said that, the last episode of American Horror Story was just as graphic with a lot more deaths but less cranial baseball bat and it didn't spend minutes on the killings, just a second or two...

I will however continue to watch, less gruesome than the election coverage
Old Oct 28th 2016, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

I watched episode 5 last night - RTE is a few days ahead.

I'm finding they fly by.
The Fall | Watch Full Episodes Online at bravo.ca

Just found out that 'The Fall' season 3 is on Bravo which is a channel we get. You can catch up online as well.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 1:10 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
I don't think there are many people who share my taste in TV re the zombie / horror genre
I don't really mind zombie stuff...it's just that it's been done to death.

It either has to involve something new, for me, like the French TV series (The Returned/Les Revenants) and the Brit one where they were rehabilitatin them. Either that or knockabout fun like Shaun of the Dead.

Horror and ghostie stuff is fine too. Both Conjuring movies are pretty good - if a tad religious, but then you could say t he same for the masterpiece that was The Exorcist.

BBC Ghost Stories for xmas were always good.

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Just found out that 'The Fall' season 3 is on Bravo which is a channel we get. You can catch up online as well.
Bravo showing something up to date? When did that happen?
Old Oct 28th 2016, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Bravo showing something up to date? When did that happen?
Maybe they've been handed the torch from the critically acclaimed award winning BBC Canada
Old Oct 28th 2016, 3:42 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
I Even I was shocked by the brutality and graphic display of killing in the opener of the new season of The Walking Dead Definitely not for bats or Shards' delicate eyes and stomachs anyhow! I think they overstepped the line.
:
My son is addicted to The Walking Dead....loves Darryl, thinks he's 'cool' (I think he needs a damned good wash - in and out of character) most of them are just gooey and gutsy and I can ignore them....this opener was harrowing, brutal, graphic and disgusting...they bleep out swearing, and we never get to see a tit, but violence is unchecked. I thought I would be physically sick, really not good.
Old Oct 29th 2016, 12:17 am
Oscar nominated

Watched the first of season two of The Romeo Section tonight. Thanks again to JonboyE.

Perfect accompaniment to whisky7up and dry roasted nuts.

Vancouver based once again. Just like Da Vinci.
Old Oct 30th 2016, 12:58 am
Oscar nominated

The Fall 3...last episode. Can't complain at a lack of action in this one.

Incidentally, I don't remember Gibson whispering so much in the first two series.
Old Oct 30th 2016, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

The Fall 3...last episode. Can't complain at a lack of action in this one.

Incidentally, I don't remember Gibson whispering so much in the first two series.
Don't give anything away. We've watched the 1st 3 episodes of season 3 now on Bravo and Bravo on Demand. The only way to get Iplayer is on the PC and I haven't bothered to hook it for casting on to the TV.

Yes, her whispering is quite strange all the time.
Old Oct 30th 2016, 1:53 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Don't give anything away. We've watched the 1st 3 episodes of season 3 now on Bravo and Bravo on Demand...
I'm not. Always careful like that, even more so since the guardian's episode recap blogs for anything I follow.

I spent years avoiding anything to do with the sopranos before I caught up.
Old Oct 30th 2016, 11:09 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Been watching Hyde and Seek an Aussie drama, there are a few Aussie series around at the moment and they do seem quite good.
Old Oct 30th 2016, 4:56 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Been watching Hyde and Seek an Aussie drama, there are a few Aussie series around at the moment and they do seem quite good.
How can you stand their accents? They're so grating.
Old Oct 30th 2016, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Oink
How can you stand their accents? They're so grating.
Speaking of Aussie accent, "Dreamland" on Netflix is quite good and funny especially if you have to deal with city planners/planning and big infrastructure projects on a daily basis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia...lian_TV_series)

The crushing realization that so much of what we do in our jobs never gets implemented is quite close to the bone in this but it still gives me a wry smile.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.