Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Old Sep 10th 2016, 2:48 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Harley and the Davidsons was good
Old Sep 11th 2016, 11:20 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched the re-boot (though not really a re-boot) of Porridge.

I was determined not to like it and remained steadfastly po-faced with each funny line.

Then all of a sudden I smiled at something, then a giggle and then more giggles.

Do you know, it wasn't half bad. But then it was written by Clement and La Frenais
Old Sep 12th 2016, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

On BBC iPlayer I'm watching a drama/thriller called One of Us. Very good, IMO.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 4:50 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Very British Problems Netflix. Not very cerebral but quite amusing observations on British behaviour in different aspects of life. Freddy Flintoff was seemingly fairly down to earth in a Northern kind of way. Others weren't so..
Old Sep 14th 2016, 11:52 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Crashing on Netflix, written by the same lady who did Fleabag on BBC. Rather promising so far.
Old Sep 17th 2016, 10:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Just started watching The Cafe - her from Fleabag has a minor role in it.

So far I've enjoyed it. A gentle comedy, perhaps too gentle for some.

I like it because it's lovely to see Weston super Mare after all these years having spent many a happy day there in childhood and youth.
And adulthood.

Unfortunately the links are missing to episodes 3 and 4 on my usual sites although the rest of season 1 and 2 are there so I'm still looking before I rely on a summary of what happens and moving to episode 5.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 12:54 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by JonboyE
The CBC are currently repeating a show called The Romeo Section that was made by the same people as Da Vinci's Inquest, and it is equally as good.
Just watched the first two episodes tonight. Good start, shows promise.

The pacing reminds me of a couple of other series - The Agency and Rubicon.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 7:46 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Started to watch 'Quarry' a new series set at the time of Vietnam, two soldiers return to US, but are advised to change out of their uniforms before going out of the airport where a mob is waiting for them, seems like they were bad lads while away. When I first saw this I thought it was a 70's series rebroadcast as the colouration etc was just like you would get in an older series, but it is 2016 made.

Looks quite good so far, one, Quarry, cant get a job and is offered a chance to make money by permanently removing people his employer doesn't like. He does find out his wife has been having an affair, and removes his rival by finding him working underneath his car, he casually removes the jack so the car collapses.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 12:16 am
Oscar nominated

Really enjoying The Romeo Section. (thanks again JonboyE)

Just done episode 5 of 10 from season one.

Someone should tell whoever is responsible at CBC that it may not be the best idea to put those bloody banner adverts across the bottom of the screen after return from a commercial break.

It might cover something important, you know, like subtitles for when the characters are speaking Cantonese. Idiots.

To be fair, it's not just CBC that does this. I think they all do...CTV, CBC, NBC etc and sometimes it does cover up something important.

But surely someone at CBC must know they do this and that when a show includes subtitles there's just the smidgen of a chance that the subtitle will be covered up.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 1:40 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

I've really been enjoying 'Shetland'. A murder mystery about the Shetland Islands...a bit too much like Eastern Canada in its bleakness and lack of denizens, but otherwise thouroughly enjoyable.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 12:06 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by MillieF
I've really been enjoying 'Shetland'. A murder mystery about the Shetland Islands...a bit too much like Eastern Canada in its bleakness and lack of denizens, but otherwise thouroughly enjoyable.
Yep...I'm bang up to date on all of those, including the early ones from 2013. Lerwick looks nice though.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 11:28 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Get Shirty on ITV looks good.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Yep...I'm bang up to date on all of those, including the early ones from 2013. Lerwick looks nice though.
I've never been to Lerwick but the town itself looks quite nice and not quite the edge of the world kind of place I expected.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 6:32 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Bit the bullet and added Netflix on the weekend. Thought It would be a useful addition for the winter.

Already through Season 1 of Narcos. Loved every second of it!
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 7:16 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Started watching The Night Of, enjoyable so far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.