Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Old Jul 23rd 2016, 2:28 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Originally Posted by MillieF
I loved Stranger Things, great fun, I devoted last weekend to it, I have lost my husband and kid, temporarily, and am at a bit of a loss, but it had me well and truly hooked...I only looked it up at the end of a most enjoying watch to find out,smugly, that others had agreed with me
We would both be the kids in Bristol's house, he would be the posh dad watching some high falutin subtitled Japanese drama set in the 1800s
Old Jul 24th 2016, 2:10 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
We would both be the kids in Bristol's house, he would be the posh dad watching some high falutin subtitled Japanese drama set in the 1800s
Oh it's not just the kids. Aside from them both being mid-twenties now the MIL watches as well and my wife did too.

As for the drama set in the 1800s I have a bit of a block when it comes to historical stuff. It was touch and go whether I tried Peaky Blinders.
Old Jul 24th 2016, 7:27 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

The live edition of Mrs Brown's Boys, broadcast after the watershed, thank goodness, and just recorded with errors etc. Got off to a good start by Mrs Brown removing her earpiece and saying 'won't be needing that' she then got rid of one from on cast member who had just said a tongue twister, and said, now do it again' and he did, perfectly. There were a few 'f' words sprinkled around, (not the normal '****'), but a great comedy 30 mins.
Old Jul 27th 2016, 4:47 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Marcella on Netflix, suspiciously BBC and very entertaining police serial killer type stuff
I would agree- good cast as well which helps makes it work
Old Jul 27th 2016, 6:18 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Not watched but I've been reading the comments about the new Ch4 dating game, 'Naked Attraction' Just another person choosing a member of the opposite sex to go out with you say? yes, but the contestants are all NAKED yes, fully naked, the person first sees the panel from the waist down, and sends one away, then it from the neck down, and one more gets canned, then the whole person, and at this time, from what I've read the chooser also strips off. The presenter is the only one that remains clothed.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 3:11 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very much in agreement on Marcella. Most enjoyable.

I am in Ripper Street mode at the present, and thouroughly hooked. It is a bit bleak, and somewhat brutal at times, but a good costume drama, with better than average plots...
Old Jul 30th 2016, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

A few weeks ago I followed a link provided by GOZIT. It's for iPad and iPhone owners. The unapproved Apple App provides literally hundreds of movies and TV shows. The movies cover a time span on many years including many released in 2016 such as Revenance, The Legend of Tarzan, Independence Day (Resurgence), Brooklyn and countless more. TV shows also. All 5 seasons of Homeland is there and all episodes of new series The Lucky Man are available. All for $10 per year.
I believe/suspect the movies and shows are pirated by Chinese and Russian pirates but I've paid to receive them and quite frankly don't care. It doesn't always work perfectly but I would say it does 85-90% of the time. The App works with Apple TV and Chromecast. Quite frankly I think it's great and the quality is more than satisfactory.
For those with IOS the link to enter on your browser is http://builds.io/
Old Aug 10th 2016, 12:52 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Last Chance U was quite interesting/frustrating/eye opening at the same time. 6 part series on Netflix
Old Aug 10th 2016, 1:07 am
Concierge

Phil Spencer's 'Stately Homes', a new series where he is given plenty of scope to look round at some of the UK's best stately homes, Last night was Burghley House, he had access to the costs, plans etc, and was able to see parts of the house that, even in other programmes of this type haven't been shown.
Old Aug 26th 2016, 6:08 pm
I need a walk

TGBBO.....its back!
(If you have to ask, you aren't a fan)

I'm like a pig in muck
Attached Thumbnails Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?-image.jpeg  

Last edited by Stinkypup; Aug 26th 2016 at 6:18 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2016, 8:22 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Fleabag was very good.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 4:44 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Oink
Fleabag was very good.
I tried this, what a great recommendation, thanks Oink,

I really enjoyed it and would agree, give it ago. I binged watched all 6 episodes
Old Aug 29th 2016, 1:50 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Fleabag was very good.
First two so far.

I was dead keen when I read the fourth wall references as I love that. It hasn't grabbed me quite yet.

What about the Jack Taylor series? I've had one episode downloaded and just watched it tonight. There's definite promise. Always liked Iain Glen.
Old Aug 29th 2016, 2:03 pm
I need a walk

Flowers I won't binge this. I think that it is a grower (no pun intended )
Old Aug 29th 2016, 2:59 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Flowers I won't binge this. I think that it is a grower (no pun intended )

It was a bit silly but eminently watchable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.