Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Old Aug 3rd 2022, 6:04 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

We are 2 episodes into 'Black Bird' and so far so good. It's based on a true story which makes it even more interesting.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4301160/

Available on Apple TV+ or any good Torrent site
Old Aug 15th 2022, 11:56 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

We finished up the third season of "What We Do In The Shadows" and await the fourth season appearing on Disney+ at who knows when

"Year Of The Rabbit" was also excellent, Matt Berry was his usual somewhat surreal self.

We are working our way through "Top Boy", starting out with "Summerhouse" and then we have just finished series one. Bleak in places but very good."For all Mankind" series three is done, just as good as the prior seasons, and hate having to wait for the next one.

Over the weekend I have become addicted to "Drive to Survive". I do have a love of F1, stemming from my mum being a fan. I've been to a couple of the GP's in Montreal, but my watching of it waned because a) they had the US commentary at one point, with the so annoying David Hobbs and some other people, b) TSN would cut to adverts, or do a split screen thing with adverts, which is plain stupid. At the time the F1 TC Pro package to watch live races on the internet was not available in Canada. However, that seems to have changed, and this year I gave it a go and it's fantastic, and so I've got back into F1. I knew about DTS and had not watched it until now, and it's rather good. I know some things are somewhat staged, and it does show rivalries where there really aren't any, but overall it is helping me get caught up from the last couple of years. I do recommend it as a guide to F1 to get you up to speed (pun somewhat intended).
Old Aug 17th 2022, 7:38 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkus
W."For all Mankind" series three is done, just as good as the prior seasons, and hate having to wait for the next one..
Agreed on both counts!
Old Aug 27th 2022, 1:24 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

When does Severance get good?
Old Aug 27th 2022, 10:25 am
Just Joined

rmontg is an unknown quantity at this point

Just finished watching the latest season of For All Mankind, great season.

As much as this show is great I do wonder if the Soviets did beat the US to the moon would the space race have continued, because damn
Old Aug 28th 2022, 12:57 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rmontg
Just finished watching the latest season of For All Mankind, great season.

As much as this show is great I do wonder if the Soviets did beat the US to the moon would the space race have continued, because damn
Given the time, yes it would have continued. There's no way the US would have just let it lie.

We finished up Drive To Survive last night. Excellent series, though you can somewhat see where some levels of tension have been exaggerated, plus of course issues such as the fact F1 should not be racing in certain countries is completely overlooked, the only exception being a reference to George Floyd. It got my caught up nicely to the current season.

Finished off Top Boy, rather alarming ending, but at least we'll see another series and one wonders what that'll bring.

Started on She-Hulk: Attorney at law. It's pretty good, the CGI of the lead is a bit better than it appeared in the trailers where it seemed to be not too good. Storyline is interesting, and nice to see call backs to characters from some of the earlier films.
Old Aug 30th 2022, 12:22 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

After getting a bit hooked on Silent Witness season 25 when I was back in England about a month ago, we have started watching it from the start. Pretty good stuff, and thankfully there is a heck of a lot of it, so it'll keep us occupied.
Old Sep 9th 2022, 12:37 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
... Trapped and there's a third season to look out for.
First two seasons are on Netflix so the third might be there soon.
It is indeed on Netflix but now listed as Entrapped.
Old Sep 16th 2022, 9:23 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

"The Great Beauty" is on Netflix until September 30th. It's.a foreign movie in italian with subtitles. Stick with it. It will blow you away!
Old Oct 9th 2022, 2:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Have just finished "Sherwood" (Brit box) and i must say it really lived up to all the hype. The BeeB excelled themselves on all counts including assembling a cast of well know British actors/actresses. It helps if you know a little history about the UK miners' strike of 1984 to fully appreciate the story line. Glad it has been commisioned for a second series.
Old Oct 9th 2022, 6:48 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
"The Great Beauty" is on Netflix until September 30th. It's.a foreign movie in italian with subtitles. Stick with it. It will blow you away!
Giggity
Old Oct 10th 2022, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
It is indeed on Netflix but now listed as Entrapped.
Watching it now and I find the motorcycle gang parts to be boring and I prefer the previous 2 seasons of Trapped.
Old Oct 10th 2022, 1:45 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Watching it now and I find the motorcycle gang parts to be boring and I prefer the previous 2 seasons of Trapped.
Not got around to it yet. In the middle of The Platform on Netflix.
Old Oct 11th 2022, 3:39 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
"HORNS! HORNS! HORNS! HORNS!"

We didn't start the last series of Derry Girls last night as we would have binged the whole thing, so we'll do a partial binge tonight.

We're getting through Breaking Bad, and it's pretty amusing, and I can see why it got the praise it did.

House of Dragons, and She-Hulk continue to be good.

I still need to view Andor to see if it's suitable for my son to watch. I suspect it's about the same level as the other recent star wars series on Disney+

Oh, and we watched Dogs In Space season 2. Very funny, and odd, which is what we like
Old Oct 11th 2022, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
Have just finished "Sherwood" (Brit box) and i must say it really lived up to all the hype. The BeeB excelled themselves on all counts including assembling a cast of well know British actors/actresses. It helps if you know a little history about the UK miners' strike of 1984 to fully appreciate the story line. Glad it has been commisioned for a second series.
Those picket lines brought back memories and how we the Police were not well equipped for all the stuff we had thrown at us. Agree with the Met being portrayed as an evil/disliked force and that was said by many a Northern copper as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.