Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Old Jan 13th 2022, 12:19 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Originally Posted by Partially discharged View Post
We've watched 3 out of 8 episodes
I got bored after 4 and stopped watching.
Old Jan 13th 2022, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B View Post
I started this last night. "Stay Close" on Netflix. I will update this thread when I have watched all 8 but so far it looks as though it has lots of twists in the plot.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2201227/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
Yes I have just watched 6 of 8...its starting to ramp up now... although I have found it hard to keep track of...particulary if you have break between episodes as there are so many twists and its hard to keep track of the connection each character has with the other....that said I will watch the remainder as a lot of things are starting to become apparent now.
Old Jan 16th 2022, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd View Post
Yes I have just watched 6 of 8...its starting to ramp up now... although I have found it hard to keep track of...particulary if you have break between episodes as there are so many twists and its hard to keep track of the connection each character has with the other....that said I will watch the remainder as a lot of things are starting to become apparent now.
We've watched all of them. What I couldn't fathom is

1) how did Cassie/Megan run away and start a new life just 10 minutes down the road from her previous life, 'without anyone finding or recognising' her."
2) Is Vipers a strip club or a night club or both. Seems like a dodgy place.
3) It said that Cassie/Megan ran away from her Vipers world 17 years ago and it appears as though her oldest daughter has a best friend 'B' who has her full driving licence etc. Things happened very quickly or "B" is a couple of years older than the oldest daughter.

Old Jan 16th 2022, 1:21 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

1) how did Cassie/Megan run away and start a new life just 10 minutes down the road from her previous life, 'without anyone finding or recognising' her."
3) It said that Cassie/Megan ran away from her Vipers world 17 years ago and it appears as though her oldest daughter has a best friend 'B' who has her full driving licence etc. Things happened very quickly or "B" is a couple of years older than the oldest daughter.
I just finished it too, and I thought number 1 was pretty implausible.
Old Jan 16th 2022, 2:43 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly! it's very irritating and watching the characters make stupid mistakes is cringe. I couldn't finish it.
Old Jan 18th 2022, 2:30 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

We finished the last episode last night...the killer reveal was definitely a surprise.
Not a bad show, whenever I see James Nesbitt I think of his yellow pages ad from 2003

Old Jan 18th 2022, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

We finished the last episode last night...the killer reveal was definitely a surprise.
Not a bad show, whenever I see James Nesbitt I think of his yellow pages ad from 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i0SFjvGWfM
I forgot all about the advert! and a very good one it is too. When I first started watching Stay close... I had to do a double take at James Nesbit as he had gone grey since the last time I had saw him.
Old Jan 18th 2022, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes I though that was a bit far fetched.... and Lorraine even told Ray she was dead! (who she had never miraculously ran into again) she was only 10 mins down the road! Although Broome said why didn't you say she had moved to Canada! lol.... Lorrraine dismissed it imeadiately saying... saying " Canada?? Who moves to Canada???" Hmm... mind you, I do think a lot of general Brits do think that if they have never visited here. I think even my sister thinks that!

I think Vipers was a strip club.... but it came across as more of a nightclub (with strippers) in that show, I have never come across a place in real life don't think it exists.... that was obviously artistic licence.... but yes dodgy place! Over all I thought it was worth watching. still better than a lot of American stuff... but the unexplained plot holes/time line was sloppy...that is the base of the story after all and should all line up.
Old Jan 18th 2022, 5:54 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Finished off The Expanse season 6. Pretty good final episode, sad to see the end, but there are rumours of spin-off's so we shall see.
Vera continues to impress, will be starting series 5 within the next few days

Old Jan 18th 2022, 6:27 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

We started the 1st episode of Yellowstone last night. Really enjoyed it and will continue watching it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4236770/?ref_=ttep_ep_tt

It feels as though it is the Cowboy equivalent of Peaky Blinders.
Old Jan 18th 2022, 7:48 pm
limey party pooper

I'm watching Station 11. It's about a flu that kills quickly and wipes out most of the population. They started filiming it before the pandemic and I think it's based on a novel of the same name.
For giggles watch Motherland.
Old Jan 19th 2022, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I watched 'The 7.39' which I believe originally was a BBC 2 Part Series but was shown here back to back as a 'film' - the cast includes Sheridan Smith, David Morrissey, Olivia Colman and Sean McGuire.

I loved it! It's gorgeous and very British with a bit of humour and some Love Actually and The Office kind of vibes: although I am glad I am not there anymore I particularly loved the scenes of the hustle and bustle of London, the reminder of the hassles of commuting on the same damn train everyday, the London Eye and walks along the Thames etc.

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Jan 19th 2022 at 9:15 am.
Old Jan 19th 2022, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

We started the 1st episode of Yellowstone last night. Really enjoyed it and will continue watching it.

Yes its very good. very dark... always gives me an uneasy feeling when I am watch it.

I see it as modern day western crossed with the movie Goodfellas!

Old Jan 19th 2022, 11:41 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good comparison. Yellowstone is very violent - like Peaky Blinders. Compelling though (& I've just finished watching the 4th season). Kelly Reilly as Beth is very much the standout actor.
Old Jan 19th 2022, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat View Post
That's a good comparison. Yellowstone is very violent - like Peaky Blinders. Compelling though (& I've just finished watching the 4th season). Kelly Reilly as Beth is very much the standout actor.
Yeah everytime there is a scene with her in it, I cringe and think....whats going to happen now... because she is such a vile human being!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.