Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Old Sep 15th 2021, 12:52 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

If you have Apple TV+ then I can recommend the film of the Broadway production of "Come From Away", the Gander 911 musical. Although I am a CFA, (albeit who didn't move here til 2004), I was skeptical that a musical based on 911 and Newfoundland tropes/sterotypes would work but it is brilliant - by turns funny, heartbreaking and uplifting.

Old Oct 7th 2021, 12:05 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Recently I've watched and enjoyed
Nine Perfect Strangers
White Lotus
Midnight Diner(Japanese with English subtitles)
Ghosts, the British version on Gem
Flack
How to Beome a Tyrant
Crashing
Old Oct 7th 2021, 5:24 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I just finished Squid Game on Netflix. Pretty good show but the actors who played the VIPs were SO bad.

Old Oct 10th 2021, 1:38 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Working our way through the final couple of series of "A Touch of Frost".
I'm also working on "The Boys", enjoying it thoroughly.
Started on "Foundation" The first two episodes were a bit dry but it's improving.
Watch latest instalment of Money Heist. Awaiting the next episodes to drop in December
Just saw a trailer for final season of The Expanse, another december date too
Finished of MODOK, which I wasn't sure about, but it was great
I did watch a couple of episodes of Ted Lasso season 2, the Coach Beard one was quite funny, the next one not so much, and the penultimate one of the series was ok.will probably watch the last one soonI'm hoping the Taskmaster youtube channel actually starts putting up full episodes of series 12, at the moment it seems to be isolated tasks, rather than the full episodes.
Old Oct 10th 2021, 7:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Originally Posted by sharkus
Started on "Foundation" The first two episodes were a bit dry but it's improving.
Watch latest instalment of Money Heist. Awaiting the next episodes to drop in December
I did watch a couple of episodes of Ted Lasso season 2, the Coach Beard one was quite funny, the next one not so much, and the penultimate one of the series was ok.will probably watch the last one soonI'm hoping the Taskmaster youtube channel actually starts putting up full episodes of series 12, at the moment it seems to be isolated tasks, rather than the full episodes.
I binge watched "A Touch of Frost" during the summer, although very enjoyable i felt that as the series progressed it became more and more like "Del Boy with a Warrant card"
Old Oct 10th 2021, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

‘Maid’ on Netflix. Based on a true story. Life on benefits must be tough anywhere (realize I have a European perspective) but the US seems so harsh. If the real-life Alex is anything like the character then several hats off to her.
Old Oct 11th 2021, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

If anyone is wanting to watch classic uk TV shows for free check out the Playlists of Youtuber "opium" there's enough full series shows on there to satisfy most tastes.
Old Oct 11th 2021, 7:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
If anyone is wanting to watch classic uk TV shows for free check out the Playlists of Youtuber "opium" there's enough full series shows on there to satisfy most tastes.
There are one or two youtubers called opium but I think this one is who you mean
Old Oct 11th 2021, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BristolUK
There are one or two youtubers called opium but I think this one is who you mean
That's the one.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 3:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting collection. The 'Playlist' view seems best. Surely that collection isn't going to survive long, due to copyright issues? I've gone back to YouTube looking for some 'old favorites' (perhaps Monty Python clips, or something similar) and they were all 'removed due to copyright holder complaints' or similar. Or have they cut back on that now? Anyway - looks like a good collection, while it lasts!
Old Oct 12th 2021, 12:07 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkus
The Boys had me at the Dolphin scene....

Expanse season 6 (the last one sadly) drops December 10th. Can't wait!

Old Oct 12th 2021, 2:18 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

The Chestnut Man on Netflix is really good. It's Danish with English subs, we can't stop watching it.

Old Oct 12th 2021, 2:47 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
The Boys had me at the Dolphin scene....

Expanse season 6 (the last one sadly) drops December 10th. Can't wait!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PJpkGPtAHE
The dolphin was great, the whale, even better From what I have been reading season six will wrap things up pretty well, and the author(s) of the books seem to think it's a good conclusion, so that does give hope it's not a rush job.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 3:23 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
The Chestnut Man on Netflix is really good. It's Danish with English subs, we can't stop watching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE0jZnMuAQE
I can only conclude that the Netflix algorithm thingummy is broken. I've not been notified of it as a new title or "because you watched this" recommendation.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 11:51 pm
Oscar nominated

I can only conclude that the Netflix algorithm thingummy is broken. I've not been notified of it as a new title or "because you watched this" recommendation.
Turns out I already had it bookmarked from another source but under the Danish title - Kastanjemanden. So my personal algorithm thingummy is working just fine

Watched part one tonight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.