Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Old Jun 3rd 2020, 12:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Another shout for this one. Up to part 7 of 10.
What is it on...Netflix, Prime, Acorn? Also is it dubbed in English or only subtitles?
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 12:26 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Isn't that because (unusually for Netflix) they are releasing eipsodes weekly rather than dropping the whole series in one go?
disney did the same with The Mandalorian. Ah, apparently it’s airing on TNT in the USA and Netflix elsewhere, so that may account for the one a week drop, rather than the usual whole series

I too enjoyed the film Snowpiercer, and will check out the series. I originally thought it was meant to be set before the film, seems it’s a reboot of the film.

Last edited by sharkus; Jun 3rd 2020 at 12:36 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 12:31 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
What is it on...Netflix, Prime, Acorn? Also is it dubbed in English or only subtitles?
It's on this site (need to select OMMA server in the box under the picture).
It's Finnish with English subtitles and as with many Scandi/Nordic things, some English dialogue from the same actors.
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 12:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
It's on this site (need to select OMMA server in the box under the picture).
It's Finnish with English subtitles and as with many Scandi/Nordic things, some English dialogue from the same actors.
OK Thank you
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still working my way through "Travelers" on Netflix. Now up to Season 3, Episode 3. It's become more appealing with time, I believe. I'm looking forward to getting through it so I can move onto something else!

I also have a question for my fellow Netflix users.

I just got an email from Netflix as follows: We noticed a new sign-in with your Netflix account (my account name)
Device Web Browser
Location Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
(may not match your exact location)
Now, I don't use any VPN/etc, so there's no explanation for that location. My password is not exactly complex, but it's not easy either (non dictionary, upper/lower/numeric etc). Has anyone else had this experience and have a reasonable explanation for it? There are two quick possibilities that come to mind, and I'll pursue both ... just wondered if I'm missing anything ...
1) the password was guessed
2) the password was revealed through a hack of (eg) Netflix own servers, or, some other service where I use the same password. The Netflix password was one of the older passwords I set up a long time ago, and was shared back then with other ancient services, so a hack of 'some other' service would yield the same username/password that could be tried on Netflix.

It doesn't bother me that someone has hacked into my netflix account as there's nothing there to 'steal', but - I AM worried about how they got the password!

Old Jun 3rd 2020, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I'm still working my way through "Travelers" on Netflix. Now up to Season 3, Episode 3. It's become more appealing with time, I believe. I'm looking forward to getting through it so I can move onto something else!

I just got an email from Netflix as follows: We noticed a new sign-in with your Netflix account (my account name)
Device Web Browser
Now, I don't use any VPN/etc, so there's no explanation for that location. My password is not exactly complex, but it's not easy either (non dictionary, upper/lower/numeric etc). Has anyone else had this experience and have a reasonable explanation for it? There are two quick possibilities that come to mind, and I'll pursue both ... just wondered if I'm missing anything ...
2) the password was revealed through a hack of (eg) Netflix own servers, or, some other service where I use the same password. The Netflix password was one of the older passwords I set up a long time ago, and was shared back then with other ancient services, so a hack of 'some other' service would yield the same username/password that could be tried on Netflix.

It doesn't bother me that someone has hacked into my netflix account as there's nothing there to 'steal', but - I AM worried about how they got the password!
i have had this but it’s usually an American location and I have never worried about it (they have an inaccurate location warning) so I usually put it down to someone else in the house. But we have never used the password for anything else.
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 11:48 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike

Device Web Browser

If the email and / or password has been used elsewhere in the past, it's possible there was a breach at one of those sites and that's where it came from. You could pop over here https://haveibeenpwned.com (it is a legitimate site) and enter your email and see what results come up.

To be honest, I'd err on the side of caution and change the password for netflix. If you actively use and other sites where that email and password combo is set up, I'd probably change it there too. If Netflix has two factor authentication (not sure if it does) then it would be worth turning that on at the same time.

I've been using a password manager for a while now and tend to generate random passwords for any new sites I use. Thus if one site does get hacked, that password would not get them into another site, which is handy, as it prevents the long slog of going through a bunch of sites and changing passwords on them.
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkus
If the email and / or password has been used elsewhere in the past, it's possible there was a breach at one of those sites and that's where it came from. You could pop over here https://haveibeenpwned.com (it is a legitimate site) and enter your email and see what results come up.

To be honest, I'd err on the side of caution and change the password for netflix. If you actively use and other sites where that email and password combo is set up, I'd probably change it there too. If Netflix has two factor authentication (not sure if it does) then it would be worth turning that on at the same time.

I've been using a password manager for a while now and tend to generate random passwords for any new sites I use. Thus if one site does get hacked, that password would not get them into another site, which is handy, as it prevents the long slog of going through a bunch of sites and changing passwords on them.
Thanks for the input. My account showed as clear, but my girlfriend's account did not. So as not to take this valuable thread off-topic, I've created a new thread over in 'The Lab', in order to pursue this topic further -
https://britishexpats.com/forum/lab-.../#post12861568
Old Jun 5th 2020, 1:21 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm a bit late to the party with this one, apparently shown on BBC4 in 2013.
Arne Dahl. Seems to be a series of two-parters, from the same company that did The Bridge (brilliant) and Beck (which is on my list to watch)

Saw first part tonight. Supposed to be an elite team of investigators but more like misfits Good so far though.

I see mikelincs and Fulwood know of it.

Last edited by BristolUK; Jun 5th 2020 at 1:24 am.
Old Jun 5th 2020, 11:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Started to watch Trial and Retribution...an old UK crime series 1997-2009. Each story/series spans over two episodes. Excellent.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1511543/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
Old Jun 9th 2020, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

On Netflix watching Thai production of the Voice. It's pretty good. It's a police drama thought I needed to say that in case someone thought I meant the singing show Voice or something.
Old Jun 10th 2020, 8:51 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I see 'Little Britain' has been deleted from iPlayer, Britbox and Netflix over the BLM situation.
Old Jun 10th 2020, 4:51 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I see 'Little Britain' has been deleted from iPlayer, Britbox and Netflix over the BLM situation.
Little Britain is no where near as bad as the British sitcoms from the 70's. Rising Damp, Till Death Us Do Part etc. Those are tough to watch in 2020.
Old Jun 10th 2020, 5:12 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Little Britain is no where near as bad as the British sitcoms from the 70's. Rising Damp, Till Death Us Do Part etc. Those are tough to watch in 2020.
Yeah, I've been anticipating a knock on the door " 'scuse me sir, but we have reason to believe that you 'ave some DVDs in stock, namely Till Death Us Do Part".

Then I read what Wikipedia had to say about it...
Old Jun 10th 2020, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Monty Python can be quite racist and sexist as well....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.