Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Old Jan 18th 2017, 12:48 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Crossed two off my list tonight. Couldn't get into StartUp, especially with Martin Freeman's American accent.

Unimpressed with Crashing too.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 2:42 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Taboo on BBC
The Night of was v good
Taboo is v good, not sure I ever ever heard the f word before in a period drama. Very gritty realistic series.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 3:04 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Rillington place
That was good!

I'm waiting for Peaky Blinders to come back on again and another series of Deutschland 83...
Old Jan 18th 2017, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Locked Up on More 4 (Walter Presents) is definitely worth watching. Found series 2 on some streaming service so looking forward to get into that tonight.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 7:07 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I'm waiting for Peaky Blinders to come back on again and another series of Deutschland 83...
Tom Hughes in The Game is so like Cillian Murphy, especially as those two roles have them with a cigarette hanging from the lip a lot.

How the hell did I not hear of Deutschland 83? Episode one just downloaded.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 7:26 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

How the hell did I not hear of Deutschland 83? Episode one just downloaded.

You wont regret unless you don't like subtitles
Old Jan 18th 2017, 7:34 pm
Oscar nominated

You wont regret unless you don't like subtitles
I'm fine with it. I hate it when they dub foreign stuff into English.

I used to watch BBC World Cinema movies back in the 70s. I always went on the basis that if foreign stuff made it onto Brit TV it was likely pretty good and I was rarely disappointed.

Usually I watch and sometimes I'm so into it I can't even remember if there were subtitles.
Old Jan 19th 2017, 1:59 am
Oscar nominated

...Deutschland 83...
Saw the first two episodes tonight. Pretty good, hope it doesn't get too 'soapy'.

That was funny though, I was only commenting here about the mini 'spy' cameras a couple of days ago.
Old Jan 19th 2017, 5:51 am
Bex in the city

Saw the first two episodes tonight. Pretty good, hope it doesn't get too 'soapy'.
I didn't think it got 'soapy', there were a few plot twists as well, which kept it interesting.
Old Jan 21st 2017, 2:43 am
Oscar nominated

I didn't think it got 'soapy', there were a few plot twists as well, which kept it interesting.
You were right.

Not only did it not get soapy it actually got quite edgy. I watched the last 4 parts tonight.

It took me back to the 80s, although I was astonished that the Korean airliner being shot down was that long ago.

Do you have a theory about the gunshot at the end?
Spoiler:
General or the son?

The general was favoured on the Guardian blog by quite a few but I can't see that.

When he lost his temper and tried to hit his son but caught his wife instead he didn't seem particularly crestfallen. He was also likely seeing other women outside the marriage - we saw him with one. He had all those problems with his son.

And then he had pushed his wife and punched the wall. He appeared to regret none of this so discovering the wife was at her sister's - note she merely said that's where she was rather than saying "I've left you". I don't think that was enough to push him over the edge. He might even have been glad to see the back of her.

Now, the son....probably felt guilty for the death of the mother in the brothel. Used and rejected and then the trauma of possibly having aids. Gets home, sees his dad's case...maybe he knows there's a gun in it....

Or as someone else said...Tropical fish reprisals.

Looks like a 1986 sequel due in 2018.
Old Jan 21st 2017, 2:55 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Sneaky Pete
This is actually very good-A kind of crime series -part Brian Cranston written, SP (not me) played by Giovanni Ribisi- ex Ted/Million ways to die in the West etc as the titular character.

Conman adopts the life of his cell mate when released whilst still having to contend with his old debtors who are gunning for him- including Vince, a nasty piece of work played by ....Brian Cranston.

Rotten tomatoes rated it at 100% which you don't often see. Just started watching it and will definitely see it out
Old Jan 21st 2017, 1:35 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Sneaky Pete
This is actually very good-A kind of crime series...
You're watching on Amazon?
Old Jan 21st 2017, 4:56 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

You're watching on Amazon?
Don't be daft
No, streaming Exodus on Kodi
Old Jan 21st 2017, 6:01 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
No, streaming Exodus on Kodi
And what does snoopdawg think of these shenanigans?
Old Jan 21st 2017, 7:28 pm
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Oink
And what does snoopdawg think of these shenanigans?
It's perfectly legal Snoopdawg is doing the same... though not watching my stuff... With an Android box she does likewise but watches her own stuff- Hawaii 5/0, Bones and stuff.

I find it amusing that that is the only android thing that she taints her soul with, I'm amazed that she doesn't want Apple TV though I've heard it isn't very good- as you know, she is a sad worshipper at the Church of Cupertino

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.