British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Go Flames go?! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/go-flames-go-857235/)

Steve_ Apr 27th 2015 10:08 pm

Go Flames go?!

As much as I enjoyed the defeat of Vancouver I think Anaheim is going to slaughter us. :lol:

mikelincs Apr 27th 2015 10:10 pm

Re: Go Flames go?!

Originally Posted by Steve_ (Post 11630699)
As much as I enjoyed the defeat of Vancouver I think Anaheim is going to slaughter us. :lol:

Where's the WGAF category...:rofl::rofl:

Pizzawheel Apr 27th 2015 10:25 pm

Grrrrrr.... Go Habs.

scilly Apr 28th 2015 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel (Post 11630713)
Grrrrrr.... Go Habs.

:thumbup:

JamesM Apr 28th 2015 1:05 am

Iced Hockey crap.

We need a mod to close and delete this thread.

It's late spring why is the mundane tripe still on TV???

haggis88 Apr 28th 2015 7:06 pm

The glory-hunters are out in force now...

where are all these flags that now adorn every second car during the regular season?

I wear my Boston Bruins apparel all year round, but then again that's because I'm not a bandwaggoning, badgekissing, gloryhunting **** like most people in Calgary :)

beckiwoo Apr 28th 2015 8:18 pm

Screw the flames - they wont win!

JamesM Apr 28th 2015 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by haggis88 (Post 11631585)

I wear my Boston Bruins apparel all year round, but then again that's because I'm not a bandwaggoning, badgekissing, gloryhunting **** like most people in Calgary :)

:ohmy: what has happened to you???

haggis88 Apr 28th 2015 9:29 pm

I've loved Iced Hockey for as long as I can remember!

From the Ayr Bruins, to the Ayr Scottish Eagles...I used to go all the time, and remember the Eagles lifting the treble in the 90s! :)

The Boston Bruins have the same name as the Ayr Bruins, so I logically chose to watch them more often now that i'm here...I actually have Bruins keychain from 1988 :)

MegSnow Apr 29th 2015 2:44 am

I went to see the Ayr Bruins and Fife Flyers, Murrayfield Racers and Dundee and Irvine but can't remember what the teams are called. That was a long time ago. Although I am supporting the Flames they are (and always have been) my second team. It's Go Habs Go in this house. (They have rubbish chants at these games).

haggis88 Apr 29th 2015 9:54 pm

Dundee have the Stars, Tigers and the Comets (all different leagues). There was also the Dundee Rockets at one time

The Ayr Bruins are now just the junior team, as the "professional" Bruins folded in the mid-90s IIRC

Irvine are the same I think, just junior teams, although I couldn't tell you the names of the teams playing out of the Magnum right now

caretaker Apr 29th 2015 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 11630704)
Where's the WGAF category...:rofl::rofl:

I think in TIO.
haggis88 I like Arsenal because in the reserves I was an artilleryman. You just need a reason - it doesn't have to be a good reason.

Steve_ May 1st 2015 9:24 pm

6-1. Ouch.

MegSnow May 1st 2015 9:56 pm

Amazing the Flames flags have reduced by three-quarters on the cars lol!

haggis88 May 2nd 2015 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by MegSnow (Post 11634599)
Amazing the Flames flags have reduced by three-quarters on the cars lol!

Can't say i've noticed that tbh

I saw one brain surgeon with a huge flag (talking like 48x36) on a brush shaft duct-taped into the bed of his little Chevy S10, thing looked like it was about to take off on Deerfoot...if that breaks off and flies into someones windscreen there'd be a serious accident.

Saw a large SUV (Toyota Sequoia or something) with Habs Flags flying going off Deerfoot towards Peigan Trail...wasn't you, was it Meg?