Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

ghastly morning sickness - whatcha think?

ghastly morning sickness - whatcha think?

Old Jul 16th 2013, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute
Default ghastly morning sickness - whatcha think?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-23318731

so tell me is she entitled?

not a legal opinion sought here
Old Jul 16th 2013, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: ghastly morning sickness - whatcha think?

I suppose it depends if she was a regular part of the syndicate.

Legally though I doubt she has a leg to stand on. You have to be in it to win it, and she wasn't on this particular occasion.

You snooze you lose..... or you vomit you ...... dam! Can't think of a word fit
Old Jul 16th 2013, 12:46 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scribe123
I suppose it depends if she was a regular part of the syndicate.

Legally though I doubt she has a leg to stand on. You have to be in it to win it, and she wasn't on this particular occasion.

Agree with the second para. On the first para, if she was a regular member of the syndicate and just didn't do it this time because she was sick, her colleagues are just gits. Sudden money does that to people.

I can't think of a word fit either. You won't find many poems that have 'orange' at the end of a line.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 1:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
if she was a regular member of the syndicate and just didn't do it this time because she was sick, her colleagues are just gits.
Agree.

We have a lottery thing at work, and they most definitely spell out that if you weren't in it on the week of the win, tough luck, even if you paid in every other week.

Several of them only play because they couldn't bare the thought of the rest of them being able to quit and them missing out.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 1:08 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
You won't find many poems that have 'orange' at the end of a line.
Oh good. An excuse to roll out one of my favourite silly rhymes. Tom Lehrer, satirical musician and wit, was once challenged to rhyme "orange." It only works in a North American accent... and was strangely prescient in the autoerotic asphyxiation death of Tory MP Stephen Millington years later.

Eating an orange
While making love
Leads to bizarre enj-
oyment thereof.

Old Jul 16th 2013, 1:14 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Oh good. An excuse to roll out one of my favourite silly rhymes. Tom Lehrer, satirical musician and wit, was once challenged to rhyme "orange." It only works in a North American accent... and was strangely prescient in the autoerotic asphyxiation death of Tory MP Stephen Millington years later.

Eating an orange
While making love
Leads to bizarre enj-
oyment thereof.

That's cheating. The rhyme is split.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 1:19 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

You snooze, you lose, you vomit... you bomb it?

Anyway, I agree that if the woman was a regular player in the syndicate, it's a snidey thing to cut her out. 28.8 million split 10 ways is 2.88 million each; split 11 ways its 2.62 million each. If she's a regular, it's hardly worth trying to cut her out.

Those Scousers, eh?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ann m
Agree.

Several of them only play because they couldn't bare the thought of the rest of them being able to quit and them missing out.
I know what you mean. I have a week off next week so I've made sure I 'pre-paid' for my week off
Old Jul 16th 2013, 3:34 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

You vomit,
you're omit-
ed.

You barf,
you lose out, arf, arf...

You blow chunks,
you flunks.

You burp solid,
you remain squalid.

You give an oral sacrifice at the altar of the porcelain god,
you ain't getting your fair share of the wad!

Originally Posted by scribe123
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Greenhill

You give an oral sacrifice at the altar of the porcelain god,
you ain't getting your fair share of the wad!
A true wordsmith
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:24 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Even if she was a unpleasant person, it's still a bit of a unt's trick. It wouldn't cost each of them a significant portion of their winnings.

This is why you should set up standing orders to pay regularly ad infinitum and then you are always paying in instead of collecting cash each week.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I have worked in several offices that have lottery syndicates. I don't pay into them as my mantra is why do I want to share 10 million plus with others if I can win it all by myself if I buy my own ticket.
Sure the odds of winning are slightly higher if in a syndicate.
I have heard these syndicates say to me over the last 20 years when we win it this weekend there will only be you at work on monday to which I reply that means more overtime for me
Guess what they have been turning up for work every Monday morning.

Ever tried reasoning with a bunch of Scousers
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:07 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Greenhill, you have far too much time on your hands! . I have tried to roll my vowels with Oakvillian, and I can't get it to scan.

I too would want to know if she normally stumped up the dosh, if she did and had always played before I label them downright gits and wish them no joy, as Tangram said, a tenth of their winnings wouldn't hurt them.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:18 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
28.8 million split 10 ways is 2.88 million each; split 11 ways its 2.62 million each. If she's a regular, it's hardly worth trying to cut her out.
That was my thinking too. I can't imagine how a slightly smaller pay out, when the win is that much, would have a negative effect on someone's life.

Maybe they just didn't like her. But even then.....

Originally Posted by Tangram
This is why you should set up standing orders to pay regularly ad infinitum and then you are always paying in instead of collecting cash each week.
Nothing guarantees never winning by making sure you never miss a payment.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 9:56 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Mean gits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.