British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   A Get Well Soon Siouxie thread! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/get-well-soon-siouxie-thread-911198/)

MillieF Apr 2nd 2018 11:18 am

A Get Well Soon Siouxie thread!

You may not have seen it on the "Anything Else" thread but Siouxie was 'apologising' for not being around as she has had a major stroke and landed in hospital.

I just wanted to say Get Well Soon!

I don't think you can begin to realize how very instrumental you have been in helping our posters over the years in their dreams to come to Canada. Above all you are kind and patient in what must sometimes be trying circumstances.

There are so many of us on here who hold you in warmth and affection.

Siouxie - you are not just a brick...you are a wall!

Thank you for all that you do and get better every day:thumbup:

quiltman Apr 2nd 2018 11:33 am

Re: A Get Well Soon Siouxie thread!

Seconded! Get well quick!

Former Lancastrian Apr 2nd 2018 11:35 am

Now she has lots of time to brush up on her Immigration knowledge and post helpful tips :lol:

Take it easy and recover.

Atlantic Xpat Apr 2nd 2018 11:52 am

Good idea ... I just stumbled across her post. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery Siouxie!

HGerchikov Apr 2nd 2018 11:55 am

Originally Posted by MillieF (Post 12474340)
You may not have seen it on the "Anything Else" thread but Siouxie was 'apologising' for not being around as she has had a major stroke and landed in hospital.

I don't think you can begin to realize how very instrumental you have been in helping our posters over the years in their dreams to come to Canada. Above all you are kind and patient in what must sometimes be trying circumstances.

Thank you MillieF for posting this. I completely missed it in the other thread.

Siouxie - wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery. I am not that far away if you need anything, maybe (once the doctors have sorted out all the blocked bits) a couple of days on the farm to recuperate?

Pica Apr 2nd 2018 11:56 am

All the best and fingers crossed you make a successful recovery asap xx

Twitcher1958 Apr 2nd 2018 12:19 pm

Best wishes for a speedy recovery 😀

spouse of scouse Apr 2nd 2018 12:22 pm

What a huge scare you've had Siouxie. I'm so glad that you're getting the best of care, you're a lovely person who works hard to help others. Time to concentrate on you now - rest up, follow orders and dance out of that place. Sending you my love xx

Zoe Bell Apr 2nd 2018 1:26 pm

Thinking of you .

Hugs

Z

Oakvillian Apr 2nd 2018 1:38 pm

All the best for your recovery, Siouxie.

Aviator Apr 2nd 2018 2:40 pm

Wishing you well for a speedy recovery.

magnumpi Apr 2nd 2018 2:51 pm

Get well soon Siouxie X pats need your speedy recovery

Paul_Shepherd Apr 2nd 2018 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by MillieF (Post 12474340)

Oh this is terrible terrible news, I agree that she is held with a great deal of warmth and affection by many of us, and has such a level headed outlook on life. She has been of such great personal support for me of late, and I am sure to many others on here too.

I will second your comments Millie in that she is not just a brick, but she is a the wall!! She is such a wonderful selfless person and doesn't seem to ever let anything get her down, I hope that she can find that same resolve to get over this latest hurdle in her life

If you are reading this Siouxie I am sending you my very best wishes for a full recovery.... and soon.

EDIT
Just read your report Siouxie, I am so glad to hear that you haven't suffered any major effects.......I see you even surprised the doctors!! which makes the comments Millie_F made about you being the wall even more relevant!! ....but what a huge scare. Again all the very best Siouxie.

bats Apr 2nd 2018 3:31 pm

Get well soon Siouxie!

I've met her for reals you know and she is just as lovely as on here. But shorter.

Novocastrian Apr 2nd 2018 3:36 pm

Just seen this. Siouxie, get well soon and continue your massive service to BE, your friends and family.