Gender equality

Old Jan 31st 2017, 3:38 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gender equality

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
I went on a date with this girl/woman/lady one time, she was already three sheets to the wind when I met up with her!!

Then there was another one that spoke really loudly all evening and every other word that came out of her mouth was the f word!! it got very embarassing.

Thats just a couple of examples.

I have no interest in dating women/girls/ladies like that.
Really?

Have you even been blathered to the point the next day not remembering what happened the night before or who you were with?

Originally Posted by bats
I quite like the sound of the drunk, sweary, loud personage.
Gender neutral equality for sure & no hidden agenda there eh!
Old Jan 31st 2017, 3:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
scouts in the UK has been mixed gender for years. this is a complete non story
My children, now grown up and some of them having children of their own, were, at the appropriate age, in mixed gender scout troops in Canada. I know it's a blessing that hardly anything happens in Canada so they fill the news with nonsense but sometimes it's frustrating.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 3:55 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

On the scouts, maybe I got the context wrong

If there are mixed gender scout clubs (boys & girls all together sharing & doing all activities), can boys join the 'girl guides' in Canada or any country?

If not, why not?
Old Jan 31st 2017, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
Really?

Have you even been blathered to the point the next day not remembering what happened the night before or who you were with?

Gender neutral equality for sure & no hidden agenda there eh!

Oh yes lots of times! lol! Seems to be more common these now im getting older! But never on a date!

Incidentally everytime ive been in a relationship ive drank a lot less....the female of the speices has a good influence on me!
Old Jan 31st 2017, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

On the scouts, maybe I got the context wrong

If there are mixed gender scout clubs (boys & girls all together sharing & doing all activities), can boys join the 'girl guides' in Canada or any country?

If not, why not?
Troublemaker! A casual browsing of Google tells me that The Girl Guides (in England and Canada, at least) do not allow boys. Even as observers... Er, yes, well... Apparently gender equality is a strictly one-way street, when it suits some of our communities' social-justice warriors. The shame of it!
Old Jan 31st 2017, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Troublemaker! A casual browsing of Google tells me that The Girl Guides (in England and Canada, at least) do not allow boys. Even as observers... Er, yes, well... Apparently gender equality is a strictly one-way street, when it suits some of our communities' social-justice warriors. The shame of it!
Hmm...I really dont understand why the scouts became open to both genders anyway? why? isnt that what why the Girl Guides was introduced? I must be missing something.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Boy Scouts open membership to transgender boys - CNN.com
Here is a late update on the issue of who may and may not join the US Scouts. Be warned, though: this is from a notorious "fake news" source, so it may be a falsehood...
Old Jan 31st 2017, 4:45 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
I agree that it used to be seen that if a guy slept around he was seen as a bit of a lad, and if a girl did it then she had earned a reputation for herself. I agree this is not fair, however it does take two to tango....guys can earn a rep for them selves too...which gets to be common knowledge, and is pretty obvious to spot, so why would a girl even bother conversing with a guy like that, knowing she isnt going to mean anything to him other than a quick roll in the hay? But as you say consenting adults, society has changed.

A man and a woman are very different animals, men are from Mars women are from Venus is a good way to sum it up - have you ever read that book? So on that basis they can never be exactly the same and who would want them to be. They play out different roles in society, they both bring qualities to the table to make a relationship succeed.

Just one question why would you like someone male or female making a complete show of themselves by being drunk loud and swearing profusely in a public place such as a quiet intimate restaurant? a place people have chosen to visit for a quiet civilised evening? Im puzzled.
Ah so now you mention that it was a quiet intimate restaurant giving a little more context. It would have been awkward but not a moment to judge a person's worth on.

Everything you say tells me that you judge men and women differently.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 4:48 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

scouts in the UK has been mixed gender for years. this is a complete non story
Way back in the dim and distant past, my younger brother wanted to join the Scouts but he wasn't old enough. "Why not join the Brownies?" I teased.
"Can't. I'm not old enough for them either."

...Google tells me that The Girl Guides (in England and Canada, at least) do not allow boys. Even as observers.....
I'd be wary of someone wanting to observe girls in uniform.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 4:49 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
OH HELL YES!!
can I join in.? I've avoided this thread until now. but now it seems someone has something sensible to say
Me also as long as I don't have to pay for the drinks & that I will only accept a drink bought for me by a woman

Hey anyone see that news piece (made the Toronto TV news last night) something about the Boy scouts having to open the door to allow girls to join?

Cant you see it, 'gender neutral boy & girl scout clubs'... why not ?

I've always wondered why there has been a discrimination in 'private members clubs' some that are 'gender biased', such as a'gentlemens' or 'women only' clubs... why is that, can it or will it ever change?
You bring the olives.

I like a dirty martini, very dry.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bats
Ah so now you mention that it was a quiet intimate restaurant giving a little more context. It would have been awkward but not a moment to judge a person's worth on.

Everything you say tells me that you judge men and women differently.

If that means i judge them on the way they behave in certain environments/scenarios then yes i do. Is that a bad thing? just the way i was brought up. I suppose my parents were pretty strict, and i certainly don't resent them for that.

Inicidentally its not just women, if a guy behaved like that in that setting id think the same. There is a time and a place for everything. Dont get me wrong, Ive certainly had my moments!! but there are limits in how a person behaves in certain environments/scenarios.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 5:55 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Troublemaker! A casual browsing of Google tells me that The Girl Guides (in England and Canada, at least) do not allow boys.

Even as observers... Er, yes, well... Apparently gender equality is a strictly one-way street, when it suits some of our communities' social-justice warriors. The shame of it!
no I'm not

This is suppose to be an all gender equality thread discussion

I've met several 'shiela' in OZ that could out drink many a man, so what's wrong with that

Observing .....

Is it likely that 'male or female' (one sided more than the other) may frequently use the 'one way street' gender equality to cry wolf when its to their adavantage, to suit their benefit or related to their personal situation?.

I really don't know, could it just be me or a just a 'fly on the wall' comment?
Old Jan 31st 2017, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Me also as long as I don't have to pay for the drinks & that I will only accept a drink bought for me by a woman

Hey anyone see that news piece (made the Toronto TV news last night) something about the Boy scouts having to open the door to allow girls to join?

Cant you see it, 'gender neutral boy & girl scout clubs'... why not ?

I've always wondered why there has been a discrimination in 'private members clubs' some that are 'gender biased', such as a'gentlemens' or 'women only' clubs... why is that, can it or will it ever change?
Why shouldn't a private club choose whom it wishes to be a member ?
Old Jan 31st 2017, 7:02 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having one.
Attached Thumbnails Gender equality-20170131_135759.jpg  

Last edited by caretaker; Jan 31st 2017 at 7:09 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 7:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Way back in the dim and distant past, my younger brother wanted to join the Scouts but he wasn't old enough. "Why not join the Brownies?" I teased.
"Can't. I'm not old enough for them either."
The daughter of someone I know has gained a place in Brownies. This is apparently a cause for celebration, as it's not easily done. Something like getting a place at Oxbridge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.