Gender equality

Old Jan 30th 2017, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gender equality

Originally Posted by not2old
my opinion is that 'pageants' are 'all round' a total waste of space.
Fair enough. Noting to do with gender equality then?
Old Jan 30th 2017, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
No, Siouxie - come on! Seriously, though! No disrespect, but your son comes across as a bit of a goof, don't you think? Only a man who is desperately, desperately p*ssy-whipped would have taken all that treatment from a girlfriend for two and a half years. I've never heard of such a thing; and have only read about it when it involved sugar-daddies and their tarts.
Well I have been away from the computer a few days and its seems things got right of the rails while i was away!!

Regardless of what goof means....i have to defend Soiuxe's son here....the lad obviuosly had deep feelings for this girl and that can take all reasoning logic away... you dont see any of the that person's bad traits until you look back on it later in hindsight, you will constantly make excuses for them, Ive been there.

There is a line in a well known song that sums it up "strange what desire will make foolish people do..." and i include myself in that.

Anyway glad to hear the relationship came to an end without any real harm done...sadly it has probbaly left him a little cynical and definitely guarded now, which is not a bad thing, that way he will hopefully find someone that deserves his generosity.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Servants do this

DandNHill is talking of basic good manners it seems. So does calling someone a woman mean that they don't have those manners then?

These chivalrous qualities? What are they? Good manners? Politeness? Paul, you say you treat a lady as a lady when you recognise one as such. Which rather implies that you have two levels of functioning raising your game for those you consider ladies. That isn't chivalrous at all.
It seems this lady comment i made has been taken totally out of context. Bats you are making very open wide assumptions of me and what this lady word means. DandNHill basically covered what i meant....you can call them women girls or ladies, it doesnt matter, good manners, morals, acting appropriately and respectfully in a public place etc....you would be surprised how many people dont do this male and female.

I went on a date with this girl/woman/lady one time, she was already three sheets to the wind when I met up with her!! Then there was another one that spoke really loudly all evening and every other word that came out of her mouth was the f word!! it got very embarassing. Thats just a couple of examples. I have no interest in dating women/girls/ladies like that.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 4:29 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Well I have been away from the computer a few days and its seems things got right of the rails while i was away!!
108 posts to date, this has been an interesting topic.

From going dutch, 'ladies & gentlemen', shared responsibilities, the equal respect of each gender, workplace (jobs & pay) issues, professions, courtesy of respecting male, female, aged, those with disabilities, male as well as female domestic violence and all the way right down or up to including beauty pageants.

Gender equality doesn't exist, never will - unless of course someone can stick their necks out to say if & when it will?
Old Jan 30th 2017, 4:49 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I do find it kinda ironic that the advertising algorithm sees that I'm reading this thread and acts accordingly...
Attached Thumbnails Gender equality-capture.jpg  
Old Jan 30th 2017, 5:51 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I do find it kinda ironic that the advertising algorithm sees that I'm reading this thread and acts accordingly...
should we be surprised?

Last edited by not2old; Jan 30th 2017 at 6:07 pm.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 9:07 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
You need some 'ublock origin'. I haven't seen ads in my browser for years.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 1:15 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
It seems this lady comment i made has been taken totally out of context. Bats you are making very open wide assumptions of me and what this lady word means. DandNHill basically covered what i meant....you can call them women girls or ladies, it doesnt matter, good manners, morals, acting appropriately and respectfully in a public place etc....you would be surprised how many people dont do this male and female.

I went on a date with this girl/woman/lady one time, she was already three sheets to the wind when I met up with her!! Then there was another one that spoke really loudly all evening and every other word that came out of her mouth was the f word!! it got very embarassing. Thats just a couple of examples. I have no interest in dating women/girls/ladies like that.
If I've made assumptions based on your posts it's because you won't define what 'lady' means to you. You've also said that if someone behaves like a lady then you will treat them as a lady. Now that definitely tells me that you have different standards of behaviour.

Good morals? Well obviously murder is bad, thievery ditto. Honesty, loyalty yep, important. Sex? Number of partners? Not important. Consenting adults, not cheating. Not important and yet women are held to a different standard on this. Is that right?

I quite like the sound of the drunk, sweary, loud personage.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 1:53 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

You'd like me then.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 2:15 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You'd like me then.
care for a martini?
Old Jan 31st 2017, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

If I've made assumptions based on your posts it's because you won't define what 'lady' means to you. You've also said that if someone behaves like a lady then you will treat them as a lady. Now that definitely tells me that you have different standards of behaviour.

Good morals? Well obviously murder is bad, thievery ditto. Honesty, loyalty yep, important. Sex? Number of partners? Not important. Consenting adults, not cheating. Not important and yet women are held to a different standard on this. Is that right?

I agree that it used to be seen that if a guy slept around he was seen as a bit of a lad, and if a girl did it then she had earned a reputation for herself. I agree this is not fair, however it does take two to tango....guys can earn a rep for them selves too...which gets to be common knowledge, and is pretty obvious to spot, so why would a girl even bother conversing with a guy like that, knowing she isnt going to mean anything to him other than a quick roll in the hay? But as you say consenting adults, society has changed.

A man and a woman are very different animals, men are from Mars women are from Venus is a good way to sum it up - have you ever read that book? So on that basis they can never be exactly the same and who would want them to be. They play out different roles in society, they both bring qualities to the table to make a relationship succeed.

Just one question why would you like someone male or female making a complete show of themselves by being drunk loud and swearing profusely in a public place such as a quiet intimate restaurant? a place people have chosen to visit for a quiet civilised evening? Im puzzled.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 5:19 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

care for a martini?
OH HELL YES!!
Old Jan 31st 2017, 2:23 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
OH HELL YES!!
can I join in.? I've avoided this thread until now. but now it seems someone has something sensible to say
Old Jan 31st 2017, 3:20 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
can I join in.? I've avoided this thread until now. but now it seems someone has something sensible to say

care for a martini?

Me also as long as I don't have to pay for the drinks & that I will only accept a drink bought for me by a woman

Hey anyone see that news piece (made the Toronto TV news last night) something about the Boy scouts having to open the door to allow girls to join?

Cant you see it, 'gender neutral boy & girl scout clubs'... why not ?

I've always wondered why there has been a discrimination in 'private members clubs' some that are 'gender biased', such as a'gentlemens' or 'women only' clubs... why is that, can it or will it ever change?
Old Jan 31st 2017, 3:23 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

scouts in the UK has been mixed gender for years. this is a complete non story

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.