Gender equality

Old Jan 27th 2017, 1:51 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gender equality

Some amusing ladies

Hope the link works! Sorry there's an advert.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 2:14 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

This was on the BBC website today. Interesting and relevant

Girls lose faith in their own talents by the age of six - BBC News
Old Jan 27th 2017, 3:23 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Ladies do not have body functions.

"Horses sweat, men perspire, ladies merely glow"
That's bollocks. My missus can fart like bastard and can swear like a trooper (not really surprising considering that she was a soldier for 23 years).

The rules are simple. I hold doors open and pay restaurant bills (who eventually pays the Visa bill does not matter).
Old Jan 27th 2017, 3:39 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

That's what my mum used to say.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 3:40 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
No that was a tech issue that very weirdly only affected a few around the world.
Are you sure? I just posted on here and it took an age to appear.

But at least it appeared.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 4:40 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
I'm a lady in the same way my husband is a gentleman. Being called a woman is fine but I hate being referred to as a female. My dogs are female...
A lady, or a gentleman, in my opinion is somebody who behaves in a respectful manner, who doesn't embarrass herself or those she's with. Nothing to do with ironing the newspaper and warming up her husband's slippers before he gets home.
Or bitches
Old Jan 27th 2017, 4:46 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
My son has found a similar issue with expectations of being paid for.

Example - g/f (at that time of 1 year), they went to Montreal for a week - they stayed at a 5* hotel, had dinners, drinks and all other dining, went out every night to entertainment, went to several places where you had to pay an entry fee. He paid for everything - even the gas to get there and back, all in approximately $2000. No offer to pay any of it from her. 6 months later, they went to Niagara on the Lake for 4 days - again, 5* hotel etc., again, he paid.

In fact, in the 2.5 years they were together he paid for absolutely everything. Every cab, every drink, every dinner, every meal out or take away, every bit of entertainment, the gas for her car. When he asked her if perhaps they could start putting money away together every month to help cover the costs, she refused.

Her birthday was at Christmas - the last one they were together, he spent over $600 on gifts for her (for both birthday and Christmas) - she spent about $80 (and had borred that from him).

They earned more or less the same. She lived at home for the first 18 months, he had a mortgage and bills to pay.

They split up very shortly after.
That is disgraceful behaviour! I am bringing up my two girls with the belief that I am firmly instilling in them that they are to find a career to pay their way in an equal relationship. Nothing boils my blood more (with the exception of arguing about rain) than girls that are looking for a rich man.
Get a job and pay your way ladies. End of....
Old Jan 27th 2017, 5:03 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Ladies do not have body functions.

Yes but what happens to the fluids and solids?
Old Jan 27th 2017, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

My son has found a similar issue with expectations of being paid for.

Example - g/f (at that time of 1 year), they went to Montreal for a week - they stayed at a 5* hotel, had dinners, drinks and all other dining, went out every night to entertainment, went to several places where you had to pay an entry fee. He paid for everything - even the gas to get there and back, all in approximately $2000. No offer to pay any of it from her. 6 months later, they went to Niagara on the Lake for 4 days - again, 5* hotel etc., again, he paid.

In fact, in the 2.5 years they were together he paid for absolutely everything. Every cab, every drink, every dinner, every meal out or take away, every bit of entertainment, the gas for her car. When he asked her if perhaps they could start putting money away together every month to help cover the costs, she refused.

Her birthday was at Christmas - the last one they were together, he spent over $600 on gifts for her (for both birthday and Christmas) - she spent about $80 (and had borred that from him).

They earned more or less the same. She lived at home for the first 18 months, he had a mortgage and bills to pay.

They split up very shortly after.
No, Siouxie - come on! Seriously, though! No disrespect, but your son comes across as a bit of a goof, don't you think? Only a man who is desperately, desperately p*ssy-whipped would have taken all that treatment from a girlfriend for two and a half years. I've never heard of such a thing; and have only read about it when it involved sugar-daddies and their tarts.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 27th 2017 at 5:18 pm. Reason: Username.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 5:18 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
No, Siouxie - come on! Seriously, though! No disrespect, but your son comes across as a bit of a goof, don't you think? Only a man who is desperately, desperately p*ssy-whipped would have taken all that treatment from a girlfriend for two and a half years. I've never heard of such a thing; and have only read about it when it involved sugar-daddies and their tarts.
Goof? I presume you understand the level of insult that word has?

No. He's a caring, affectionate and generous man who was head over heels in love.

Insult taken, thanks.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 27th 2017 at 5:26 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 5:23 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Not at all. If you have the means, you don't really question such female behaviour or if you do, you give them the benefit of the doubt. It's only money after all. You obviously spend too much time reading trash.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 5:31 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Not at all. If you have the means, you don't really question such female behaviour or if you do, you give them the benefit of the doubt. It's only money after all. You obviously spend too much time reading trash.

Exactly. Thank you.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Goof? I presume you understand the level of insult that word has?

No. He's a caring, affectionate and generous man who was head over heels in love.

Insult taken, thanks.
Well, you learn something every day, I had no idea what that word meant. I hope the poster that used it didn't either.

I hope your son finds himself a partner that deserves him, he sounds like a sweetie to me.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 5:53 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
Well, you learn something every day, I had no idea what that word meant. I hope the poster that used it didn't either.

I hope your son finds himself a partner that deserves him, he sounds like a sweetie to me.
I don't think goof to mean nonce is common usage.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/goof

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/goof

That sense is apparently used in Canada.

https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comm...hild_predator/

but I don't think people here should reasonably be expected to be familiar with such local meanings.

Last edited by dbd33; Jan 27th 2017 at 5:57 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 6:09 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't think goof to mean nonce is common usage.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/goof

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/goof

That sense is apparently used in Canada.

https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comm...hild_predator/

but I don't think people here should reasonably be expected to be familiar with such local meanings.
After all the years that the poster has been in Canada, I expect him to understand the meaning of it in Canada... I learned it in the first 2 years.

Regardless, it was insulting, inappropriate and unnecessary.

Out of this thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.