Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Gang Shootings Toronto Rant

Gang Shootings Toronto Rant

Old Jun 25th 2018, 2:49 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gang Shootings Toronto Rant

Yup, lots FYI at the mo for those who don’t live here. Most recent one, random killing of a woman yesterday who was sat in a car on another gang turf, she was a charity worker age 31. Sad for sure

so what the law and Gov doing? Political Correctness stopped carding so gangs can just drive round now at will !!

the Gov try to make it harder for target shooters and hunters to get a gun, why the F they do that ? Just last week they picked up a gang and found 60 firearms that came from USA via Cornwall border. Something needs to happen people and soon !!
Old Jun 25th 2018, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gang Shootings Toronto Rant

We are reaping what successive Governments, both Federal and Provincial have sown. Simples init...

Last edited by macadian; Jun 25th 2018 at 2:57 pm.
Old Jun 25th 2018, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
We are reaping what successive Governments, both Federal and Provincial have sown. Simples init...
Yes. Governments have been unwilling to deal with gangs because of political correctness, and just stick their heads in the sand and hope the problem goes away.

And while the government attacks law-abiding gun owners, criminals are now making their own guns and bypassing the law entirely. A couple were caught making MAC-10s in Alberta a while ago, and I believe a submachinegun factory was found in Quebec a few months back (I've seen comments about it online, but never links to original news articles).

Heck, last year the police had a shootout with a crook downtown here who was probably using a Home Depot shotgun.
Old Jun 25th 2018, 4:46 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

The other day I was getting my hair cut and was asked not to eat my lunch at the workstation because concern over nut allergies, even though it was a cucumber and humus sandwich. Another case of extreme Political Correctness out of control.
Old Jun 25th 2018, 5:16 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
The other day I was getting my hair cut and was asked not to eat my lunch at the workstation because concern over nut allergies, even though it was a cucumber and humus sandwich. Another case of extreme Political Correctness out of control.
wow that’s nuts :@)
Old Jun 25th 2018, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi

wow that’s nuts :@)
As is being liberal to the point of absurdity, playing onto the hands of the extreme right....as the current political picture in many Western democracies bares out...
Old Jun 25th 2018, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
As is being liberal to the point of absurdity, playing onto the hands of the extreme right....as the current political picture in many Western democracies bares out...
I'm not sure what you mean by 'extreme right', but, as far as I can see, the policies of most of the nationalist parties taking power across the West wouldn't have been out-of-place in the Labour party before Blair took over and abandoned the working class.

Heck, Trump could probably have run as a Democrat in the 90s. He only seems right-wing today because the Democrats have moved so far to the left since then.

But, yeah, I've seen a lot of people online lately claiming they were Democrats but are voting Republican this election because the Democrats have gone insane. May all be lies, of course, but the way the Democrats are acting I'm guessing they've already realized that their 'Blue Wave' is heading out to sea. Every day they seem to get more desperate, and that turns off more and more sane voters.
Old Jun 26th 2018, 1:17 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Is your nan making your lunch?

You need to get down your local Hooters for some wings at lunch! Not this hipster vegan stuff!
Old Jun 26th 2018, 1:22 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Yup, lots FYI at the mo for those who don’t live here. Most recent one, random killing of a woman yesterday who was sat in a car on another gang turf, she was a charity worker age 31. Sad for sure

so what the law and Gov doing? Political Correctness stopped carding so gangs can just drive round now at will !!

the Gov try to make it harder for target shooters and hunters to get a gun, why the F they do that ? Just last week they picked up a gang and found 60 firearms that came from USA via Cornwall border. Something needs to happen people and soon !!
The cops in Toronto are lazy and overpaid.

If they got paid for every crime they solved we wouldn’t owe them a penny.

If you give them additional powers you’ll just see them using them in the wrong way sadly.

Unfortunately policing here is comparable to Colombia, South Africa and other developing states.

Political correctness won’t effect corruption, poor recruitment and sub standard training.

Old Jun 26th 2018, 2:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM

You need to get down your local Hooters for some wings at lunch! Not this hipster vegan stuff!
Oink can't go to a Hooters, there are none in this part of the world.
Old Jun 26th 2018, 5:19 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM

Sadly my Hooter days are over.
Although when I lived in Tennessee, there was a really big one (giggity) across the street from the Blockbusters. The original HID never understood why it'd take me three hours to get a couple of DVDs. I remember their chicken wings were the bollocks though.

Last edited by Oink; Jun 26th 2018 at 5:22 am.
Old Jun 26th 2018, 2:07 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly my Hooter days are over.
Although when I lived in Tennessee, there was a really big one (giggity) across the street from the Blockbusters. The original HID never understood why it'd take me three hours to get a couple of DVDs. I remember their chicken wings were the bollocks though.
I think I'd rather my wings were made from the traditional part of the chicken's anatomy
Old Jun 26th 2018, 3:33 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

'so they didnt mind you getting your haircut at the workstation?
Old Jun 26th 2018, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by bats
'so they didnt mind you getting your haircut at the workstation?
The hairdresser's workstation silly.
Old Jun 26th 2018, 4:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The hairdresser's workstation silly.
Did you get hairs in your food?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.