British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Games on your phone (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/games-your-phone-902998/)

Oink Sep 6th 2017 11:31 pm

Games on your phone

Firstly, do you play games on your phone?
Secondly, what games do you play and are they any good?

Games that I play are stick cricket, Clan Royale, Candy Crush, Cribbage, Zynga poker, flick darts, Galaga, some word game I forgot the name of and sudoko. I have also played the Kingdom Rush series. That's about it. They're a good waste of time, especially when stuck waiting somewhere or traveling. Not so good when you go out for dinner with HID. :lol:

BristolUK Sep 7th 2017 12:25 am

Re: Games on your phone

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 12332819)
Firstly, do you play games on your phone?...

The last time I did anything on my phone that didn't involve speaking to someone or following a menu was probably dial-a-disc or the test match scores when cricket was on. :rofl:

Stinkypup Sep 7th 2017 12:43 am

I have games on my iPad but not on my phone- I have Plants versus Zombies on my phone which I haven't played but man, it drains by battery unless I put it to sleep. I have a good number of photography apps to mess with my photos but not many games - sorry :(

I had a look- PVZ , Paper toss, Moron test :lol:- I'm good at that one! Relic run, Ingenify- no idea what the hell that is!

DandNHill Sep 7th 2017 12:56 am

2 for 2.

Oink Sep 7th 2017 12:57 am

Originally Posted by Stinkypup (Post 12332843)
I have games on my iPad but not on my phone- I have Plants versus Zombies on my phone which I haven't played but man, it drains by battery unless I put it to sleep. I have a good number of photography apps to mess with my photos but not many games - sorry :(

I had a look- PVZ , Paper toss, Moron test :lol:- I'm good at that one! Relic run, Ingenify- no idea what the hell that is!

No, problem. I realize that they make me sound like a vapid and feckless knobhead but they are rather fun. Temple Run was quite good also.

Stinkypup Sep 7th 2017 1:06 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 12332851)
No, problem. I realize that they make me sound like a vapid and feckless knobhead but they are rather fun. Temple Run was quite good also.

Not at all- well, maybe Candy crush....

iPad games- include
Crappy the turd
Temple run *
The Room series*
Badlands 1 and 2 *
Monument *
Lara Croft Go
Leo's Fortune *
An assortment of Angry birds
Isolani *

Oh- and Draw Something 2 was brilliant - great drawing game which produced some absolutely amazing drawn on iPad drawings ( by others!) - great fun but the a-holes shut the app down as it wasn't making them enough money :thumbdown:
This one was drawn by my own fair paws ..

The asterisk ones are the ones I would vaguely recommend

DandNHill Sep 7th 2017 1:17 am

Oh and words with friends...

Stinkypup Sep 7th 2017 1:34 am

Originally Posted by DandNHill (Post 12332861)
Oh and words with friends...

Owned by Zynga who were the ones who shut down Draw something 2

Oink Sep 7th 2017 1:38 am

Thread drift a tad. My favourite game of all time is Borderlands 2. There's talk of a new one coming out. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint.

Stinkypup Sep 7th 2017 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 12332871)
Thread drift a tad. My favourite game of all time is Borderlands 2. There's talk of a new one coming out. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint.

I am so bad at shooting video games - I played Call of Duty with mini pup and got rapidly slaughtered without him trying. We played Portal 2 which doesn't involve shooting from what I remember- he thought I was deliberately being stupid and has refused to play any further games with me .... meanie :(

I will stick to being creative :cool:

Oink Sep 7th 2017 1:58 am

Originally Posted by Stinkypup (Post 12332874)
I am so bad at shooting video games - I played Call of Duty with mini pup and got rapidly slaughtered without him trying. We played Portal 2 which doesn't involve shooting from what I remember- he thought I was deliberately being stupid and has refused to play any further games with me .... meanie :(

I will stick to being creative :cool:

Even more thread drift. I would love to be able to take good photos, I can never really do the amazing scenery justice. Maybe it's just the light as I'm never up early enough or too pissed in the evening. :lol:

Stinkypup Sep 7th 2017 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 12332878)
Even more thread drift. I would love to be able to take good photos, I can never really do the amazing scenery justice. Maybe it's just the light as I'm never up early enough or too pissed in the evening. :lol:

Your photos are never too shabby to say the least although it is difficult to take a crappy photo of your beloved Vancouver and surroundings from the water - even the sulphur piles add a dash of colour to the mountains beyond. You are right though, it is all about the light.

BristolUK Sep 7th 2017 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 12332871)
My favourite game of all time is Borderlands 2. There's talk of a new one coming out.

I wonder what it will be called. :unsure:

Jingsamichty Sep 7th 2017 5:46 pm

Miniclip 8 ball pool :p

Oink Sep 7th 2017 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 12333431)
Miniclip 8 ball pool :p

I played that on the computer. Find it a bit fiddly on a phone.