Gah.

Old Nov 15th 2014, 10:37 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gah.

Originally Posted by not2old
Perth Australia Weather

Perth Forecast
This morning 13°C
Today 29°C Mostly sunny
Now
14.7°C rising

Updated at 06:30 WST
Yes. At 7:30 am it is 16° and sunny. Today's weather is my ideal, but this is only the start of the unbearably hot weather to come. Give me snow and a properly insulated home any day.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 10:39 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck
Are you jealous or whining about it?
neither ....
Old Nov 15th 2014, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Why, what have you done/said on the subject?
Actually I shouldn't even come in here.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 10:42 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yes. At 7:30 am it is 16° and sunny. Today's weather is my ideal, but this is only the start of the unbearably hot weather to come. Give me snow and a properly insulated home any day.
awe come on, when it gets to July you'll be wishing its hot again lol

I lived in Perth & found the summer weather more pleasant than a Toronto summer. Same for the winter months
Old Nov 15th 2014, 10:46 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

For all the whining wimps on here, I can promise you it's going to get a good deal colder and snowier.
Suck it up Buttercups, Fit in or Fuddled Duddle Off.
It was more because you came over as a Canadian version of Nigel Farage.

Has our glorious dictator finally succeeded in purging empathy from your plastic Canadian mind?
Old Nov 15th 2014, 10:53 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

awe come on, when it gets to July you'll be wishing its hot again lol

I lived in Perth & found the summer weather more pleasant than a Toronto summer. Same for the winter months
I always go away for the month of July to somewhere warm. It's not the heat or cold here that bothers me so much, it's the lack of properly insulated houses that does. No insulation, single pane windows, concrete pads with ceramic tile floors and no central heating all make for very cold winters. If home designers here would just understand that putting some insulation in and double glazing windows they would keep houses warmer in winter and cooler in summer.

Just for some fun, though, I'm coming to Toronto for 3 weeks over December/January.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 11:11 pm
Dichotomus tinker

I always go away for the month of July to somewhere warm. It's not the heat or cold here that bothers me so much, it's the lack of properly insulated houses that does. No insulation, single pane windows, concrete pads with ceramic tile floors and no central heating all make for very cold winters. If home designers here would just understand that putting some insulation in and double glazing windows they would keep houses warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
reminds me of the house that I grew up in the 1940's/50's UK

Just for some fun, though, I'm coming to Toronto for 3 weeks over December/January.
you'll be as warm as toast inside

FYI: it was Beckenham WA 6107...

Last edited by not2old; Nov 15th 2014 at 11:16 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
It was more because you came over as a Canadian version of Nigel Farage.

Has our glorious dictator finally succeeded in purging empathy from your plastic Canadian mind?
I can't engender any sympathy or empathy for the winter whiners here. Most, if not all on here, had the luxury, through t'internet, of learning of the severe, cold winters in most of the country and should have gone to OZ. Once there, they could have whined and moaned about the oppressive heat, so on the Canada forum we wouldn't hear from them again and again and again, ad infinitum.
But, despite that, Brits still want to come here, regardless of reading serious negative posts by you and others.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 11:28 pm
Dichotomus tinker

I can't engender any sympathy or empathy for the winter whiners here.

But, despite that, Brits still want to come here, regardless of reading serious negative posts by you and others.
In which part of Canada do you live & how long have you lived in Canada?

Last edited by not2old; Nov 15th 2014 at 11:44 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

In which part of Canada do you live & how long have you lived in Canada?
I can't see the relevance of the question.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 12:41 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

I can't engender any sympathy or empathy for the winter whiners here. Most, if not all on here, had the luxury, through t'internet, of learning of the severe, cold winters in most of the country and should have gone to OZ. Once there, they could have whined and moaned about the oppressive heat, so on the Canada forum we wouldn't hear from them again and again and again, ad infinitum.
Brits will moan about the weather wherever and whatever it is. National pastime.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 12:54 am
Dichotomus tinker

I can't see the relevance of the question.
you wouldn't would you, then again .... what would you know about anything?
Old Nov 16th 2014, 12:55 am
Dichotomus tinker

Originally Posted by Shard
Brits will moan about the weather wherever and whatever it is. National pastime.
nothing like a whinging POM
Old Nov 16th 2014, 1:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
+5C here today, coldest daytime high so far this year, but also supposed to the coldest day before returning to our normal routine next week of rain.

But once the sun goes down its been pretty chilly, last night was the coldest at -3.

Tonight they call for -2 so slightly warmer, then after tomorrow night back to around +2 overnight.

Still haven't had to turn the heat on though, stays at +18 to +20 inside. Generally has to get down to -10 before we need heater on.

(all temps converted from F and rounded to the nearest whole, actual temps as recorded on my patio with my thermometer.)

Monday I am off to San Diego where it should be a nice week of +21 to +24 during the day, and closer to +27 at my moms in the desert.

(All conversions from F to C courtesy of google)
Oooh have fun in the sun

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
A lovely -10(feels like -16) just now in Winnipeg. Just a bare sprinkling of snow.
But I'm not complaining cos I'm pretty sure it was a lot colder and a shitload more snow a lot earlier than this last year.
That is true... But I wouldn't be calling it lovely

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
What an unpleasant remark.
+1

Originally Posted by haggis88
Realfeal of -20 and below this week, and i've been outside in it working

its not cold if you wrap up properly
Yes it is.

Huge +1 to the non-insulated houses. Malta has them too and it makes the winters cold inside.

Well then don't come on the thread...

Oh, and there are people who for one reason or another cannot move back to the UK or wherever it is they came from immediately just because they detest the winter. Though they and me would love to they cannot at the moment, so their only satisfaction is to complain about it.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 1:24 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Actually I shouldn't even come in here.
You are an honorary member of the Maple Leaf.

How would you cope with out this exquisite taste of Canada????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.