Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Funniest, most romantic, most unexpected Valentines gift?

Funniest, most romantic, most unexpected Valentines gift?

Old Feb 14th 2010, 3:47 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Funniest, most romantic, most unexpected Valentines gift?

It's hard to escape the aisles of red hearts that sprung up everywhere pretty much on boxing day.

So in true spirit of the 14th Feb, as the title suggests - what are you doing?

Guys are you being romantic, girls are you expecting something you know you won't get.

Whats the funniest or most unexpected VDay gift you ever gave - recieved?

I can honestly say as the recipient of precisely 3 cards in my entire life and not a single flower () I'm not holding out too much hope this year
Old Feb 14th 2010, 3:59 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Funniest, most romantic, most unexpected Valentines gift?

I got a foot high cactus delivered to me at work by the florist one year (apparently it was because I had complained the previous year that flowers made me sneeze).

I managed to kill it off after about four years.....not too bad by my gardening standards.

Oh, and I almost forgot the life-sized cupid shaped helium balloon another time - I had to seat belt it into the car to stop it from blowing away!

And yes, I'm still with the person responsible for both of the above!

(this year we are playing it safe and completely ignoring the occasion!)

Last edited by Flossie and Jim; Feb 14th 2010 at 4:02 am.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:13 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
I got a foot high cactus delivered to me at work by the florist one year (apparently it was because I had complained the previous year that flowers made me sneeze).

I managed to kill it off after about four years.....not too bad by my gardening standards.

Oh, and I almost forgot the life-sized cupid shaped helium balloon another time - I had to seat belt it into the car to stop it from blowing away!

And yes, I'm still with the person responsible for both of the above!

(this year we are playing it safe and completely ignoring the occasion!)
I just love mens logic - priceless you have to love em for that!
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:21 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Set of saucepans, and no I am not still with him.

Mr Purple s pretty crap at the romantic stuff, so not holding out much hope, he also spent the last 13 hours at work, so a snuggle will be just fine with me.

Charlie
Old Feb 14th 2010, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
It's hard to escape the aisles of red hearts that sprung up everywhere pretty much on boxing day.

So in true spirit of the 14th Feb, as the title suggests - what are you doing?

Guys are you being romantic, girls are you expecting something you know you won't get.

Whats the funniest or most unexpected VDay gift you ever gave - recieved?

I can honestly say as the recipient of precisely 3 cards in my entire life and not a single flower () I'm not holding out too much hope this year
The most romantic Valentine I've ever had is the one in my PM box right here (which is why I logged in for the first time in I don't know how long).

Thank you - whoever you are!

(Congrats Mandy, on your impending nuptuals - but be warned; it all starts when you sink into his arms, and ends with your arms in the sink )
Old Feb 14th 2010, 7:51 am
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by Calgal
The most romantic Valentine I've ever had is the one in my PM box right here (which is why I logged in for the first time in I don't know how long).

Thank you - whoever you are!

(Congrats Mandy, on your impending nuptuals - but be warned; it all starts when you sink into his arms, and ends with your arms in the sink )
Cheers girly!

Yup its the annual V@lentine message
Old Feb 14th 2010, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

what are you doing up so late, miss?

So what's this about a wedding dress? You only have month to go!
Old Feb 14th 2010, 8:22 am
Sawdust making harpy

Could say the same!!! (not about the dress obviously!) seeing as I scribble piccies in my spare time I tend to get most of it done at stupid o clock at night - don't ask why it just works better that way!

As for the dress well it was kind of a last minute thing to get hitched, so we thought we'd have a really small informal one now and a bigger one later.

I was just going to wear something normal but then flicking through pics online etc I come across this beautiful dress that would be perfect for the occasion - and now can't think of wearing anything else (typical girl eh!)

So what you doing up?????
Old Feb 14th 2010, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Playing cards....lol (not for money though, unfortunately)

I can relate - I'm a night owl and tend to get things done then.

Is it a secret or can I see this dress anywhere?
Old Feb 14th 2010, 2:21 pm
Jedi Master

Devil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really nice

I got a Bonsai from my partner a few years ago (It is amazingly still alive )

LOL though there has been times when I have forgotten to water it and I only noticed when the leaves were falling off though lack of water )

I am not a fan of getting flowers. I do not see the point of them as they die too quickly for how much they cost.

We are not that well off this year so we will be having a budget Valentines this year. Home made cards and no present for each other. We will watch a movie together and have a meal as well
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:28 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Guys are you being romantic
I'm romantic EVERY day. I don't need Moonpig.com and some silly old Priest to tell me when and how i should be.

Bah humbug.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:58 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Guys are you being romantic
Hardly English, is it? The sort of almost overt expression of emotion implied by gifts of flowers, chocolate and the like. Not the sort of thing Mr. Stevens would have any time for. All of that's best left to the continentals if you ask me.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

charlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond repute

My husband isn't the most romantic, I can't remember when he last bought me flowers.
But this morning he gave me a pair of ice skates!!! As I have been learning to skate and I have been really enjoying it. I was really chuffed, he did well, even though its a bit unusual!
Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:45 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

I received beautiful flowers today. A lovely, unexpected surprise.

I also learned something valuable, don't try to put a huge bunch of flowers in a plastic milk jug. It was not made for that purpose and will topple over.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:50 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
I received beautiful flowers today. A lovely, unexpected surprise.

I also learned something valuable, don't try to put a huge bunch of flowers in a plastic milk jug. It was not made for that purpose and will topple over.
You and whoever gave them to you seem like a perfect couple - totally made for each other Way to go Mr I2C

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.