Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Four months of not winter - 2020

The Four months of not winter - 2020

Old Jul 20th 2020, 11:43 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Four months of not winter - 2020

Tornadoes here. The house before this one on this site was carried off by a tornado so I half expect that to happen again. I could deal with losing the house but I'd rather not see the garage blown away.

Travel arrangements are confused.

Before the plague descended upon us we had planned to do what we usually do every couple of years.. I'd fly to England and, at my mother's house, meet my daughter and her many children, all of whom live in Vancouver, my daughter who mainly lives in Afghanistan, and my ex-wife, mother of all these children, who lives in Switzerland. I typically then go to Switzerland to see the daughter who lives there and then come back. I view this as domestic obligation as much as holiday but there it is.

That all got Covided out so now the proposition before me is that I fly to Vancouver and then to Switzerland so as to help with the mask compliance of the many children and then we all drive (in what I wonder) to England to see my mother. I can fly back from there and, having been in a hotspot, begin my 14 day incarceration. The many children would then be accompanied back to Vancouver by the husband of the daughter who will have returned to Afghanistan. He lives in Italy and so will be impounded in Vancouver but mask compliance en route will have been achieved.

I'm worn out just thinking about it.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 3:26 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

We were planning to come over to SW Ontario (Caledon and London), visit relatives, then go on holiday on the great lakes with friends, hit crappy tire for nostalgic reasons and cheap car parts (K&N filters), eat out at Mary Browns, probably bitch about the quality of crap automatics as the only option in hire cars,whilst consuming some Molson Ex
Old Jul 20th 2020, 8:30 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Firty free here today, I'm roasting. Can't wait till the snow
Old Jul 20th 2020, 9:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Environment Canada say's 29, the thermometer on my patio say's 34, and its in the shade and not direct sun.

A comfortable 23.8 inside.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 1:14 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Go wash your mouth out! In all too short of a time you will have NO memory of ever having been hot and sweaty and not wanting to go for a walk with the dog!
Old Jul 21st 2020, 2:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Patio is down to 89F
Old Jul 26th 2020, 3:44 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 26th 2020, 4:50 pm
Account Closed

You win Danny B.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 1:09 am
BE user by choice

MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Jsmth321;12887684

You win Danny B.[/QUOTE]
I don't believe that you beat us on Tuesday of this week Danny...more's the pity
Old Jul 27th 2020, 4:17 pm
Tea Drinker

Old Jul 27th 2020, 10:56 pm
BE user by choice

Love that that's us right now...big bloody thunderous steam bath...
Old Jul 31st 2020, 5:24 pm
Tea Drinker

Originally Posted by Jsmth321

You win Danny B.
Could be worse I suppose

51c in Iraq
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-53596229
Old Jul 31st 2020, 5:51 pm
Account Closed

Could be worse I suppose

51c in Iraq
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-53596229
Yeah its a hot one in several deserts around the world.

Death Valley is forecast to reach 50C to 51C today as well.

Currently 42C, Palm Springs is 44C currently expected to reach 48C to 49C

Forecast is showing 38C for Kelowna today on weather network and 36 on Environment Canada, but I do find at times EC forecasts always seem a few degrees cooler vs weather network.

Currently 27C or 29C depending on the weather website, and cloudy in Kelowna.

Old Aug 4th 2020, 2:56 am
Account Closed

While it gets to 30-32 during the day, the nights cool down nicely to 16-17, once the sun goes down, by 10pm its cool enough outside to open the windows for fresh air. Looks like end of week should be in the 25-28 range for the day and down to 12 at night.
Old Aug 6th 2020, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

Looking nice for the next couple of days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.