Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Food for thought for some older members on here

Food for thought for some older members on here

Old Jan 10th 2017, 3:06 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Food for thought for some older members on here

Originally Posted by Souvy
If you are not trying to catch fish, what is the point in going fishing?

Oh, I forgot. You're in Vancouver. It's probably a Zen thing.
Zen and the Art of Salmon Fishing.

It's essentially an floating picnic. I also like listening to Radio Four podcasts while I'm out there. I don't question the why, it's very comfortable just to drift.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 3:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
But if you had to relocate within Canada, wouldn't it be your No. 2 location?
I'm struggling a bit with that ...
Old Jan 10th 2017, 3:17 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Allow me to present a vintage Vancouver mocking thread, just to show there's nothing new on the theme:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad...nt-get-759654/
Vintage material there. Up there with the all time threads that one. Some cracking posters too such as D Boy and 4Bells.

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I get the impression it still chokes Rich up that he is on my ignore list lol. The OP is also on my ignore list - i can still see what both of you post when people quote you.
I'm not on your ignore list am I babes???? And come on RICH is a lovely man!

Originally Posted by CanadianInGasgow
i think you missing the point, not sure if its purposefully, but I'm not going have an argument about it.

Ive simply put down how i felt about recent experience. You don't have to do anything about it.
I'm not sure this forum is right for many Canadians. It's very direct and a backbone and thick skin are required.

If you knuckle down you'll get used to it. Most of us are here to humour and pass the time away from our mundane existences.

Originally Posted by R I C H
Don't do it for me, do it for your own enrichment
En"RICH"ment! I see what you did there.

Ok then. just a snip of a message I got earlier (its not my place to out who wrote it) ;

<snip>
I stopped reading when it described Oink as "certainly intelligent".

Originally Posted by sharkus

I'll Admit there are a few posters here who rub me the wrong way, or just come across as twats.
I do my best

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 10th 2017 at 3:41 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 3:19 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

<snip>

How flattering, although I'd prefer if your anonymous source could have avoided having his/her (I'm betting his) Private Message posted on the open forum.

As to never having contributed anything positive to this community, I'll leave that for others to judge.

Still, now that you've flounced, you won't be reading this.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 10th 2017 at 3:37 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 3:26 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Vintage material there. Up there with the all time threads that one.
Nothing compares to Emigrating with a Parrot (or whatever it was called).
Old Jan 10th 2017, 3:33 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
How flattering, although I'd prefer if your anonymous source could have avoided having his/her (I'm betting his) Private Message posted on the open forum.
You got me again Colombo!

If it wasn't for those pesky kids I would have got away with it.

How did you know? I spell checked it and even checked my grammar accordingly?
Old Jan 10th 2017, 3:36 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You got me again Colombo!

If it wasn't for those pesky kids I would have got away with it.

How did you know? I spell checked it and even checked my grammar accordingly?
That was the clue: that and your mis-spelling of my username.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 3:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Ok guess it would have been best to just be called a liar regarding the messages I've received regarding treatment of newer members then.
Yes, it would have been better. You do NOT post PM's on the open forum, they are supposed to remain private and that's why it's against Site Rules to do so.

I'd imagine that the person that sent it to you (who seemingly couldn't be bothered or was too cowardly to post any support for you in public) will be appalled that you've shared his/her thoughts with everyone.

You say you won't be posting again, but if you do, please make sure you read the rules again first.

Thanks.

Last edited by BEVS; Jan 10th 2017 at 10:41 pm. Reason: Oompa unable to amend so amend for her. The gender behind the PM is not clear.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 3:52 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Originally Posted by christmasoompa

I'd imagine that the person that sent it to you (who seemingly couldn't be bothered or was too cowardly to post any support for you in public) will be appalled that you've shared his/her thoughts with everyone.
I thought it was a she as well with the PM

Last edited by BEVS; Jan 10th 2017 at 10:40 pm. Reason: I've seen it and the gender is not mentioned and unclear.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 3:53 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not on your ignore list am I babes????
No sweetheart, I can still see everything you post
Old Jan 10th 2017, 4:02 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Completely missed this at the time! Can't believe a mod cut it off at the knees.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad...-751783/page9/
Old Jan 10th 2017, 4:03 pm
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Photoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst it wasn't me that sent any karma, PMs, or otherwise to the OP, it is definitely a bit "Lord of the Flies" in here.

Knives out in 3... 2... 1...
Old Jan 10th 2017, 4:07 pm
Born again atheist

I was beginning to speculate whether Gasgow's most wanted had a Norwegian Blue up her sleeve (or somewhere).
Old Jan 10th 2017, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

I stopped reading when it described Oink as "certainly intelligent".

I do my best
I am sorely regretting that I missed this post by about half an hour!
Old Jan 10th 2017, 4:11 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

There is clearly no point carrying this on, I made my point. I won't be on this site again.
I think all you really did was set yourself up!

If someone disagrees with you, or even disputes your own experience, so what? It is a forum, some useful information, some a load of garbage.
We cannot all be right all the time, believe me it is a burden to bear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.