Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

food production plants Brampton

food production plants Brampton

Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

gary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default food production plants Brampton

HI

Hopefully exchanging contracts on my house sale this week, so we can finally have a set date when we land in Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are looking at the Brampton/Oakville/area of Toronto , so looking for a bit of help from you guys.

I work in food production making pudding for M&S , so looking to get a job in that area, so do you guys know of any business in that area, looking at meat packing plants, veg packing plants, bakeries, dairys, food processing plants and FMCG plants

Also a trained chef , so might go back to my " Gordon Ramsey" days and start swearing again!!

1 last thing,,,,,,,,, any sports bars in the area that show Prem league games?

thanks for you help , took us 3 years to get here and now i am bricking it!

Gary
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:36 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: food production plants Brampton

Originally Posted by gary123
HI

Hopefully exchanging contracts on my house sale this week, so we can finally have a set date when we land in Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are looking at the Brampton/Oakville/area of Toronto , so looking for a bit of help from you guys.

I work in food production making pudding for M&S , so looking to get a job in that area, so do you guys know of any business in that area, looking at meat packing plants, veg packing plants, bakeries, dairys, food processing plants and FMCG plants

Also a trained chef , so might go back to my " Gordon Ramsey" days and start swearing again!!

Gary
Maple Leaf Foods www.mapleleaf.ca is probably a good place to start looking. They sell prepackaged prepared meats and have a large bakery operation (Dempster's). IIRC they have operations in Brampton.

Loblaws supermarket chain has its head office in Brampton, too. They produce a whole range of own-label fresh & prepared food under the President's Choice brand - don't know where their operations are but probably worth a shout. www.loblaw.ca and www.presidentschoice.ca
Old Jul 17th 2008, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

gary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info

gary
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:12 pm
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

HI

Gary
I work in Packaging (not just food) there are a ton ranging from the small - cardinal meats and mcgregors meats (many more) to the large, maple leaf (good luck getting in there I have a hard enough time getting in as a contractor) to burnac (corn) to Cadbury and neilson dairy (not far from Brampton). Just google food production and you will find a load. Theres also weston bakeries in the east end which with the 407 isnt hard to get too, coke and Molson has a plant near brampton also which obv is FMCG but maybe not your area of expertise.

Pubs with footy - Brampton dont know as I hardly go their being as I dont speak Hindu or Urdu (Pull) and hence dont fit in (Its nick-named bramladesh for a reason), Oakville downtown has the queens head good atmos and the games, bronte and lakeshore (10 mins from downtown Oakville) has coach and 4 with footy on - only downside is gaffer is a cockney and supports west ham but dont hold that against him.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

alexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud of

HI

Gary
Hi Gary
I believe Loblaws are also advertising for people

regards alex
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:05 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alexx11
Hi Gary
I believe Loblaws are also advertising for people

regards alex
Do they come as part of a meal deal??
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:44 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikey B
Pubs with footy - Brampton dont know as I hardly go their being as I dont speak Hindu or Urdu (Pull) and hence dont fit in (Its nick-named bramladesh for a reason), Oakville downtown has the queens head good atmos and the games, bronte and lakeshore (10 mins from downtown Oakville) has coach and 4 with footy on - only downside is gaffer is a cockney and supports west ham but dont hold that against him.
It may be nicknamed Bramladesh......But many of those you refer to have acents from places such as Leicester, Birmingham, and London....
Old Jul 25th 2008, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

alexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud ofalexx11 has much to be proud of

yes but its still called Bramladesh !!!!
Old Jul 25th 2008, 7:57 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alexx11
yes but its still called Bramladesh !!!!
Yep .................. and it has the best curry in town...........
Old Jul 25th 2008, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

yep .... also true ....
Old Jul 26th 2008, 3:10 am
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MikeUK
Yep .................. and it has the best curry in town...........
But its still called Bramladesh for a reason! And if I wanted to live there Id have moved to the real thing or India or alike!

Best Curry in town is King west - Kama.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 3:12 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Best vindaloo is from the Shan-I-Hind on Gerrard E. I do like the Brampton Tandoori though its being owned by a paddy rather takes the edge of the authenticity.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 3:17 am
No time for muppets!

Originally Posted by dbd33
Best vindaloo is from the Shan-I-Hind on Gerrard E. I do like the Brampton Tandoori though its being owned by a paddy rather takes the edge of the authenticity.
Never tried Shan I Hind will do though.

Another good one is corriander on the green in Oakville
Old Jul 26th 2008, 3:31 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikey B
Never tried Shan I Hind will do though.
The sign says Bar-B-Cue Hut as when they opened they were concerned about frightening off white people. Not sure how long it's been there but I've been eating their vindaloo since the early eighties. A more adventurous but also really good place along there is the Madras Durbar, a south Indian place.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 3:36 am
No time for muppets!

Originally Posted by dbd33
The sign says Bar-B-Cue Hut as when they opened they were concerned about frightening off white people. Not sure how long it's been there but I've been eating their vindaloo since the early eighties. A more adventurous but also really good place along there is the Madras Durbar, a south Indian place.
Scary/Adventurous Indians dont bother me its just certain areas east of Yonge that are the issue!