Foibles or OCD???

Old Jun 26th 2008, 3:19 pm
Property Owner

welshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nice
Default Re: Foibles or OCD???

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Souv c'mon at least bolster your ego with a pair of socks - a hankie is just not cutting the mustard
Witty and cutting, I like it.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

People obsession are strange.

Since being here, I have only once driven back to my house to check a lock and that day I was genuinely upset about something. The world would not have been right unless I checked that lock. Thankfully I was on my own, so there was no one else to witness my moment of utter stupidity.

There is a poor woman at my gym that has to wash her hands twice before she enters the gym. She literally scrubs her hands and arms and does it every time I am there, without fail. I just want to go up and grab her and say STOP IT. She also has to use the same machine, everyday. The weirdest thing is everyone knows her and leaves that machine alone at her time.

I couldn't imagine living my life like that.

Thankfully I only have a minor obsession and it by no means runs my life.

Last edited by Mountain Girl; Jun 26th 2008 at 3:25 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 3:46 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvenir
That brings me to another one. Loading the dishwasher properly. I will unload it and re-load it, if Souvette hasn't done it according to my rules.
Loading the dishwasher properly is one of my obsessions luckily Mrs_P has the same obsession. If our sons come over for a meal and "help" clean up by loading the dishwasher we will invariably have to reload it before running it through.

I also must have not one but two handkerchiefs, one to clean my glasses.

I have turned around and gone back to check if I have locked the door or not, also to check that I closed the garage door.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 5:47 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

ooh - I used to be sooo OCD that the kids were regularly late for school as I HAD to wash kitchen floor and hoover everywhere before we left in the morning!!

Obviously in case we were burgled while I was out - couldnt have the robbers thinking I was slovenly!!

am getting better, can go outnow wihtout house being perfect (ish) as long as I know its me that we wil be back in first!!

why?? god knows - silly cow me !
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:40 pm
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse

But the other thing I genuinely don't understand is when does something become an obsession, or a compulsion or both?
Generally speaking it is when someone starts to believe that something bad will happen if they don't do the particular activity. This can be something dire such as a major catastrophe. Totally out of proportion I know, but the human brain is a strange thing.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:46 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

I have a thing about towels.....they have to be folded properly....or should i say the way i want them folded, means the same thing actually...lol

And if im alone at night then i lock the doors and turn the lights off....then get into bed, wait for a few minutes and then get up and check them again...lol
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:49 pm
Snickle Hubble-Sprinkles

The_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
I have a thing about towels.....they have to be folded properly....or should i say the way i want them folded, means the same thing actually...lol

And if im alone at night then i lock the doors and turn the lights off....then get into bed, wait for a few minutes and then get up and check them again...lol
Tenna Lady?
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:54 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Bax
Tenna Lady?
Not quite....
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

maggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of light

I check locks too...

I used to work in a high security prison - it would take 15 mintues to get from the office to the main gate each evening through the numerous electronic gates, and I can't count the number of times I had to go back to check that I'd locked the office door which was on a manual lock... very amusing for the officers!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:58 pm
Snickle Hubble-Sprinkles

The_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of light

I can't leave food on the plate - does that count. I also can't leave biscuits in the packet - once opened must be eaten. No excuses.
Perhaps I should go to Ex-Fats now...
Old Jun 26th 2008, 7:01 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

I can't leave food on the plate - does that count. I also can't leave biscuits in the packet - once opened must be eaten. No excuses.
Perhaps I should go to Ex-Fats now...
What kind of biscuits.???
Old Jun 26th 2008, 7:01 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by maggie and chris
I check locks too...

I used to work in a high security prison - it would take 15 mintues to get from the office to the main gate each evening through the numerous electronic gates, and I can't count the number of times I had to go back to check that I'd locked the office door which was on a manual lock... very amusing for the officers!
see...not just me...
Old Jun 26th 2008, 7:02 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Loading the dishwasher properly is one of my obsessions luckily Mrs_P has the same obsession. If our sons come over for a meal and "help" clean up by loading the dishwasher we will invariably have to reload it before running it through.

I also must have not one but two handkerchiefs, one to clean my glasses.

I have turned around and gone back to check if I have locked the door or not, also to check that I closed the garage door.
Loading the dishwasher properly isn't an obsession - it's just sound good practice. That's what I keep telling myself as I unload it and load it again, anyway.

Mrs O takes advantage of this not-obsession by "helping" to the point that I send her out of the kitchen so that I can do it properly. One day I'll call her bluff and set the dishwasher off with everything in the wrong place - the crockery's bound to either smash itself to pieces or come out with all the food baked on...... isn't it?
Old Jun 26th 2008, 7:02 pm
Snickle Hubble-Sprinkles

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
What kind of biscuits.???
Any kind of biscuits.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 7:04 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Any kind of biscuits.
if it was hobnobs then im with you......but custard creams...yuk!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.