From fires to floods

Old Nov 17th 2021, 1:10 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From fires to floods

Originally Posted by Danny B
I was forced to buy organic milk tonight as all the regular milk was sold out. Wish me luck with my tea tomorrow.
Post a photo next week of the alfalfa growing out your nose
Old Nov 17th 2021, 1:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I was forced to buy organic milk tonight as all the regular milk was sold out. Wish me luck with my tea tomorrow.
Wait until there is no milk...

I am hoping there will be at least regular eggs in stock, I can do a lot with eggs so fingers crossed.

Old Nov 17th 2021, 1:22 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! My Mum said that used to happen during the war.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 1:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
OMG! My Mum said that used to happen during the war.

My mum said there were no eggs. She used baking soda and vinegar to make cakes.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Nov 17th 2021 at 1:27 am.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 1:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Could BC handle natural disaster better?

CBC article.

Chilliwack Super Store sometime today.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Nov 17th 2021 at 2:05 am.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 2:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I have lost count the number of similar pics I have seen over the last 20 months, in Canada, the UK, US and goodness knows how many other countries. It is mostly scare mongering. We can get by very well, even if we have to go without a few things.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 2:27 am
Account Closed

Looking like a lot of animals may have perished on the farms.

Old Nov 17th 2021, 2:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I have lost count the number of similar pics I have seen over the last 20 months, in Canada, the UK, US and goodness knows how many other countries. It is mostly scare mongering. We can get by very well, even if we have to go without a few things.
Like food?

Try to understand what Chilliwack is going through, they are fully cut off from everything, no way in and no way out, with no known time the highways will be open again.

Not remotely the same to pandemic buying at all.

Check your privelage and have some sympathy for a city of 100k people cut off from the world right now.

Some of these people have lost everything.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Nov 17th 2021 at 2:35 am.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 2:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Like food?

Try to understand what Chilliwack is going through, they are fully cut off from everything, no way in and no way out, with no known time the highways will be open again.

Not remotely the same to pandemic buying at all.
Yes food. Why isn’t it the same…Stores with empty shelves after empty shelves? People get by. It’s what we do to survive. Ok so there is no fresh veg or meat…eat something else for a few days. It’s not like the shortage is going to last…unless of course there is panic buying because of the pics posted on the internet.

Edit: I see you have edited your post…

Excuse me…’Check your privilege and have some sympathy’. Whoa…You have no idea what I give or what I do for people who have nothing.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Nov 17th 2021 at 2:56 am.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Flooding, fires and other disasters due to climate change are not what I want to keep dealing with indefinitely. We have to change course.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 2:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Flooding, fires and other disasters due to climate change are not what I want to keep dealing with indefinitely. We have to change course.

Agreed.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 2:56 am
Account Closed

Yes food. Why isn’t it the same…Stores with empty shelves after empty shelves? People get by. It’s what we do to survive. Ok so there is no fresh veg or meat…eat something else for a few days. It’s not like the shortage is going to last…unless of course there is panic buying because of the pics posted on the internet.

Edit: I see you have edited your post…

Excuse me…’Check your privilege and have some sympathy’. How dare you. I know full well what it is like to grow with nothing. You have no idea what I give or what I do for people who have nothing.
My childhood nor yours has anything to do with life in 2021, you clearly have no clue what it is like in Canada not being able to afford food.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 3:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
My childhood nor yours has anything to do with life in 2021, you clearly have no clue what it is like in Canada not being able to afford food.
Nor are we talking about not being able to afford food. This is thread is about lack of food in the stores due to the weather.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

But some of us can remember trying to get food during and after the war.

No eggs .......... use powdered eggs

No milk .......... use powdered milk. Or use condensed milk as my grandparents did. I think my grandmother used to water it down for cooking, grandfather had it "neat" in his tea.

little meat ........... rationed to ca 4 oz for a family a week.

no veggies because there was only local, and it was winter. Eat canned

OH and I still live very much by what our parents taught us about survival in the depression and our memories of life in the 40s and 50s war-torn Britain.

I'm most certainly not denying that life is very hard for people on various pensions, whether that be disabled or seniors.

But the problem is that there are so few of us left who were taught how to eat when there were no supplies in the shops, and we have all become used to plenty of food available all year round and a great supply system.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 3:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by scilly
But some of us can remember trying to get food during and after the war.

No eggs .......... use powdered eggs

No milk .......... use powdered milk. Or use condensed milk as my grandparents did. I think my grandmother used to water it down for cooking, grandfather had it "neat" in his tea.

little meat ........... rationed to ca 4 oz for a family a week.

no veggies because there was only local, and it was winter. Eat canned

OH and I still live very much by what our parents taught us about survival in the depression and our memories of life in the 40s and 50s war-torn Britain.

I'm most certainly not denying that life is very hard for people on various pensions, whether that be disabled or seniors.

But the problem is that there are so few of us left who were taught how to eat when there were no supplies in the shops, and we have all become used to plenty of food available all year round and a great supply system.
I agree…but for most people floods/hurricanes/etc can get by for a few days, or even a week or so. The different is now there is a certain amount of panicking because of the internet/social media.

Obviously help is given as soon as is possible, in terms of immediate housing/accommodation /water/food.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Nov 17th 2021 at 3:37 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.