British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Fingers crossed please! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/fingers-crossed-please-688757/)

YYZlover Oct 8th 2010 3:30 pm

Fingers crossed please!

Well, the one job I heard back from a month ago seem to still want to talk. Last night I emailed two other companies. One that I'm connected to by proxy and another I found had posted a job on craigslist. Both in my field.

The latter responded just now. They said my work experience would be of value to them but they are looking for a permanent position. But they'd be happy to assist me in relocating to Canada.

I just fell off my chair!

Steve_P Oct 8th 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Fingers crossed please!

Originally Posted by YYZlover (Post 8905182)
Well, the one job I heard back from a month ago seem to still want to talk. Last night I emailed two other companies. One that I'm connected to by proxy and another I found had posted a job on craigslist. Both in my field.

The latter responded just now. They said my work experience would be of value to them but they are looking for a permanent position. But they'd be happy to assist me in relocating to Canada.

Sounds very promising. :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

iaink Oct 8th 2010 3:51 pm

:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

spaceace Oct 8th 2010 5:03 pm

sounds promising.

make sure you spell it out to your prospective employers that if they get the LMO, you intend to apply for PR immediately

Good luck!!

Novocastrian Oct 8th 2010 5:42 pm

Excellent. :fingerscrossed:

DandNHill Oct 8th 2010 5:44 pm

Fantastic! :thumbsup:

Oink Oct 8th 2010 5:55 pm

Crackerjack. :fingerscrossed:

el_richo Oct 8th 2010 7:48 pm

Am i the only one safe in the knowledge that YYZlover is heading to Toronto and not the west coast?

:p

Oink Oct 8th 2010 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by el_richo (Post 8905749)
Am i the only one safe in the knowledge that YYZlover is heading to Toronto and not the west coast?

:p

Once she gets out of the hell of Sweden to majestic beauty of Toronto, she'll be fine. ;)

Tangram Oct 8th 2010 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 8905784)
Once she gets out of the hell of Sweden to majestic beauty of Toronto, she'll be fine. ;)

I refer the learned Swede M'Lud to this very thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=687998

YYZlover Oct 8th 2010 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Tangram (Post 8905847)
I refer the learned Swede M'Lud to this very thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=687998

I'm already in that thread. :-)

And thank you all for the crossed fingers. I need to move fast on this one.

So tell me about Oshawa. Not exactly Toronto but at least there is a GO train.

Novocastrian Oct 8th 2010 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by YYZlover (Post 8905939)
I'm already in that thread. :-)

And thank you all for the crossed fingers. I need to move fast on this one.

So tell me about Oshawa. Not exactly Toronto but at least there is a GO train.

Is the job in Oshawa? Yuk.

Check the GO schedule, maybe you can be the first reverse commuter.

YYZlover Oct 8th 2010 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 8905986)
Is the job in Oshawa? Yuk.

Check the GO schedule, maybe you can be the first reverse commuter.

I was thinking about that. Could consider living in Pickering. I quite like it there. STill the downtown core of Toronto is HUGELY attractive.

zalaben Oct 8th 2010 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by YYZlover (Post 8906000)
I was thinking about that. Could consider living in Pickering. I quite like it there. STill the downtown core of Toronto is HUGELY attractive.

Sounds promising ! I hope it works out for you , I really do. :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

But tell me, What DO you see in Toronto?? I really Dont get it! LOL

I have family who live in Toronto and I go there only when I REALLY REALLY REALLY have to .. I cant stand the place.. and the fact that the Habs lost to Toronto last night doesnt help much! just kidding

But seriously? what is it that you love about Toronto? help me appreciate it more when I am forced to visit....

Novocastrian Oct 8th 2010 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by zalaben (Post 8906088)
Sounds promising ! I hope it works out for you , I really do. :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

But tell me, What DO you see in Toronto?? I really Dont get it! LOL

I have family who live in Toronto and I go there only when I REALLY REALLY REALLY have to .. I cant stand the place.. and the fact that the Habs lost to Toronto last night doesnt help much! just kidding

But seriously? what is it that you love about Toronto? help me appreciate it more when I am forced to visit....

Well, not in the spirit of the other thread at all, Montreal is nice for sure, so knocking not going on here, but Toronto is rather more vibrant and, cliche as it may be, it has a good deal more exposure to the rest of the world than most places in Canada. Which is a good thing.

To repeat, Montreal also has its charms and its problems. If life had taken me there I would likely enjoy some of it.

Edit: Et je parle francais assez bien.