Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Expats - How do you find Trudeau and heavy left wing laws?

Expats - How do you find Trudeau and heavy left wing laws?

Old Jan 8th 2019, 2:24 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expats - How do you find Trudeau and heavy left wing laws?

Originally Posted by Addzz120

I’m sorry education has failed you.

This is what creates a divided world, people with no argument who can’t articulate a counter argument, who then are given evidence to the contrary run into a denial mode.

Don’t be an NPC, you’ll only be worse off for it.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old Jan 8th 2019, 2:27 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

No argument again.

Did you ever stop to think how people will never conform to your views if you can’t even form an elementary argument?
Your text doesn't flow, there are many spelling and grammatical errors. The posts aren't cogent. You don't answer direct questions. I suppose you could be a bot. When you emigrate, are you bringing a parrot?
Old Jan 8th 2019, 2:30 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The BBC have reported on this, he should know that if he’s such a fan of them.
I asked you for proof that British media had reported in the style that you did, with the spin, not that the events had been reported.

You complain of Scilly's links being left wing. Aside from that being a laughable claim, the style you used is very clearly of the right. Hypocritical?
Old Jan 8th 2019, 2:45 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

We do remove their citizenship, on average two a week are removed by the government. It’s only very recent we’ve done it as it became apparent in 2016 we weren’t tracking who was doing what abroad and then returning. Only 14 or so were revoked in 2016. However this and the stories aren’t the point. The point is, one government allowing it the other (as a minimum) atleast trying to stop it. That’s the issue, not debatable news articles.

By the way the news station that announced this quoted trudeau on their right to return to Canada, so the political bias means nothing when it’s come from his own mouth.

Stay out in Britain as you're a ****ing moron
Old Jan 8th 2019, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Tumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
If you can't think of one then surely the answer is "no". I suggest that nationalising things, like pipes, might be considered a leftist position though it's not an extreme one.

When Mr. Trudeau came around and realigned my gender he said it wasn't due to a law but was part of an executive order during a state of emergency and so didn't count. It was a bother though, I was up half the night moving shirt buttons and button holes.
Being not sure is just that.I don't care enough about Trudeau to try and think of one. The OP, for whatever reason, asked if Trudeau has passed lefty laws and the effects thereof. I would generally be of a conservative world view and, so far in my Canadian sojourn, Trudeau has not discernibly affected my life one iota. Provided lots of amusement, certainly. As pointed out by another poster, it is the people here that affect your life.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 3:01 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I think you need to learn what trolling is.

if I came to this post and said, Trudea is a beta male, Islamic feminist apologist that would be trolling.
i said what the British media were saying, I asked how you found it, asked for evidence in to the contrary showing that I’m willing to change my mind, no evidence / opinion was given that stated how and why it was “fake news” and then I’m a troll? Only two posters have given a proper reply. I would say it’s you who’s trolling if your calling someone who’s trying to learn and get more information then calling me a troll, is indeed....a troll.

I think perhaps you should read the Forum Rules

https://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

4. Trolling
Trolling on this site is not tolerated. We define trolling as any inflammatory threads or posts that are started with the sole intent of upsetting or antagonizing other members. Anyone found making such posts will be removed from the forums.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 8th 2019 at 3:05 am.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 12:15 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I posted this on a Canadian forum but there’s few ex pats on there, so as someone coming to Canada in the summer what do you think? Pasted as below:

I was interested to see what sort of response you got on a primarily Canadian forum. I copied several segments and pasted them into google but the only result I got was this thread. What happened, was the post deleted?

The point I was trying to make was the style, or manner, of the way you posted. You made it sound like an elected dictatorship and, for example, that people were rewarded for their misdeeds (ticker-tape parades?) as opposed to retaining certain rights and/or having legal systems reaching decisions under existing legislation.

I also read in Quebec if you wrongly call someone or refuse to call someone by their gender pronoun you can be prosecuted?
Any link to that?
I found these guidelines issued to schools in January 2018. It's not usual for people to be prosecuted under school guidelines, but I suppose it's possible that in the year since, the Quebec government prioritised it enough over other matters and turned the guidance into law very quickly.

Last edited by BristolUK; Jan 8th 2019 at 12:21 pm. Reason: link added
Old Jan 8th 2019, 4:26 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Your text doesn't flow, there are many spelling and grammatical errors. The posts aren't cogent. You don't answer direct questions. I suppose you could be a bot. When you emigrate, are you bringing a parrot?
That was my question too reading this, too many weird letters for it to be easy to read. I was starting to wonder if I am the only one experiencing the odd text in the OP posts
Old Jan 8th 2019, 5:49 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

I posted this on a Canadian forum but there’s few ex pats on there, so as someone coming to Canada in the summer what do you think? Pasted as below:

We seem to be getting a lot more Trudeau news here in the UK of late.

The media here said it was Ontario law that if a Canadian couples kid who’s a boy, goes to to school and wants to return to school as a girl and the parents say no, your kids get taken away by the government? Surely not.....surely? I googled this and it seems it’s a law that was passed....are you kidding me?

Also that Trudeau welcomes back ISIS fighters allowing them to retain their citizenship and even attend re- education programs to reintegrate them, they cited poetry classes as an example?

There was also something about a terrorist who killed a US serviceman with a grenade getting a cheque for $11M??

I’m getting closer and closer to coming to Canada and this stuff makes me nervous. Even the UK bans returning ISIS fighters. I don’t like the idea of potentially walking past someone in Toronto who’s killed people, children, raped and beheaded.

Any thoughts on this? I’m asking out of shock really and surprise in what the Canadian Government is doing. I also read in Quebec if you wrongly call someone or refuse to call someone by their gender pronoun you can be prosecuted? Seems outright totalitarian? How do you guys find it?
I don't think Canada is a right fit for you mate. Please stay where you are.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 8:38 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
I don't think Canada is a right fit for you mate. Please stay where you are.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

rawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Quebec law and Ontario law have nothing to do with Trudeau. They're provincial laws. Trudeau is federal.
That whole "terrorist" thing is fake. I saw the evidence - no way he could have done it. Under a pile of rubble laying under the soldier no weapons. Also, That payment was awarded by the supreme court which heard his case numerous times and made the same decision each time...guess who kept sending back to court. Harper.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 5:16 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rawsalad
That whole "terrorist" thing is fake. I saw the evidence - no way he could have done it. Under a pile of rubble laying under the soldier no weapons. Also, That payment was awarded by the supreme court which heard his case numerous times and made the same decision each time...guess who kept sending back to court. Harper.
Some of the witnesses even said he was too badly wounded to have thrown a grenade, but the video of him assembling bombs was too good for the prosecutors to give up on. Paying for the sins of past administrations that didn't follow the rule of international law is the way of the world.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rawsalad
The award was not made by the Supreme Court. It was negotiated between the parties.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 6:46 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
The award was not made by the Supreme Court. It was negotiated between the parties.
Not sure how much "negotiation" went on though.
Why will Omar Khadr receive $10.5M? Because the Supreme Court ruled his rights were violated
For a counterpoint — and for a hint that a settlement was perhaps inevitable — one can turn to the Supreme Court's unanimous ruling on Jan. 29, 2010, that found Khadr's human rights were being violated at Guantanamo Bay....Conservatives should also be aware of their own precedent for such compensation: it was Stephen Harper's government that agreed to pay $10 million to Maher Arar in 2007
Old Jan 9th 2019, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I accept that it was based on precedent but it was wrong to state that it was awarded by the Supreme Court, as it wasn't.