Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Exchange rate Cn$1.8022/£1

Exchange rate Cn$1.8022/£1

Old Mar 5th 2014, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Martin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud ofMartin the cdn expat has much to be proud of
Default Re: Exchange rate Cn$1.8022/£1

Originally Posted by bats
Educated guesses for exchange rste in October? I can transfer a pension now but i have to pay £380 for a new statement or wait until thecend bof September for the next free one.
The Canadian government will continue to let the dollar tank in order to
protect low interest rates and the Canadian housing market.

I would wait.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 7:05 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was a lovely article posted on the home page wasn't it?
Old Mar 6th 2014, 9:24 am
?

jwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to behold

So whats the opinion on here, will the CAD continue to devalue or has it plateaued?

I've a reasonable cash lump sum in Euros I need to transfer to Canada in the next few months but I don't have to do it straightaway. Should I sit put?
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:59 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jwtimmon
So whats the opinion on here, will the CAD continue to devalue or has it plateaued?

I've a reasonable cash lump sum in Euros I need to transfer to Canada in the next few months but I don't have to do it straightaway. Should I sit put?
I could tell you, but like any other financial adviser I require a fee.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 4:02 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
I'll pay you after you've been proven accurate
Old Mar 6th 2014, 4:50 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

The Canadian dollar isn't devaluing, it's that other currencies are recovering. Personally I think Sterling at least will continue to recover slowly, Euro I don't know about. I don't think there are going to be any sharp changes one way or the other over the next few months though. What happened in January was unusual.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute

I think it will still continue towards 2/1 UK Is expected to put interest rates up first of all the g7 nations.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute

Payment in bit coins ok. What a load of tosh that is
Old Mar 7th 2014, 9:23 am
?

jwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to behold

And I shall pay you exactly what your advice is worth and in the currency it deserves
Old Mar 7th 2014, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

The exchange rate moved 1% today, back to 1.86, the start of a move north of 1.90. No charge for my advice.....same price for good or bad advice, your money, your risk. Shall you change your cash any time soon or wait awhile?
Old Mar 7th 2014, 6:29 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Originally Posted by Yorkiechef
I think it will still continue towards 2/1 UK Is expected to put interest rates up first of all the g7 nations.
It's obvious from the table I posted in #14 that it will, the only question is when, really.

Exchange rate against the USD is more relevant as far as I'm concerned, most things sold in Canada were originally priced in USD.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

edinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to all

I had the pleasure of sitting through a presentation from the banks economists here in the UK last week, they are predicting a max 2% increase in the base rate by 2016. Modest growth from UK and Germany , not much else from the rest.
They get paid a fat salary to give these high level talks ! I'm in the wrong job.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
BOE likely to increase interest rates in Spring 2015. Expect the GBP to keep going.

$2 by year end.
Ive heard that too...and im wondering if that will cause a dip in the UK housing market again..
Old Mar 12th 2014, 5:24 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Well that's basically the main purpose of it, make mortgages more expensive, slow down the housing market, slow down construction which is typically the leading edge of the economy.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
Well that's basically the main purpose of it, make mortgages more expensive, slow down the housing market, slow down construction which is typically the leading edge of the economy.
That's what concerned me, think its time to sell my house in UK, I held on to it for a while, as I lost a lost of money buying it a year or so ago before the property crash in 2008, its appreciated a little more in last 5 years since then but not a lot, think its could be the best time to sell now.