Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Ever wonder what people do for a living in the fancy houses?

Ever wonder what people do for a living in the fancy houses?

Old Nov 20th 2020, 2:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ever wonder what people do for a living in the fancy houses?

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
This is terrible Rete, I can't imagine how worried you must be. I will keep you both in my thoughts, wishing you every bit of good luck in the world xx
When you hear something like that it puts everything in perspective doesn’t it?
Old Nov 20th 2020, 2:57 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
When you hear something like that it puts everything in perspective doesn’t it?
It sure does JG.
Old Nov 20th 2020, 3:08 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete

So some people live in fancy houses like others would like to. Who cares and why do they care?

Right at this moment I live in a house that people would love to live in down south. A nice little 3 bedroom, 2 bath house with 2 car garage and 3./4 of an acre. I would sell it in a NY minute to have this morning's diagnosis of my daughter be cancer free instead of the lung cancer they were talking about yesterday. Having a house does not make a life better.

Best wishes over the internet to you all.
Old Nov 20th 2020, 4:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone. The biopsy has been performed and the results will be here next week. They removed all the fluid from her lungs and she is on oxygen but still her lungs will not inflate fully. Will let you know when I do.
Old Nov 20th 2020, 4:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone. The biopsy has been performed and the results will be here next week. They removed all the fluid from her lungs and she is on oxygen but still her lungs will not inflate fully. Will let you know when I do.
For her Rete.

Old Nov 20th 2020, 4:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could say something to ease your worry Rete, but there's nothing that will do that. I'm thinking of you my friend
Old Nov 20th 2020, 5:22 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
This guy did and he was brave enough to walk up and ask them.

In the videos in the article:

1 photographer
1 trust fund child (must be nice being rich just by being born.)
2 lawyers
1 cannabis store owner

https://www.blogto.com/real-estate-t...UuvbHcYyb6xNq4

If I had the money to open a cannabis store, I could see myself selling pot, but the barrier to entry is high.
I'd be more interested if it was the bridal path.

Also it doesn't specify if the Pot shop is a legal one. It seems in Toronto that drug dealing is an unpunishable norm and lots of people have made a killing with unlicensed stores.

Old Nov 20th 2020, 5:24 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm afraid if a random stranger knocked on my door and asked me what I did for a living, he/she would either get 'mind your own business' or 'f*** off', depending on what sort of mood I was in at the time
That's why I like living in a condo with security. No unsolicited knocks although back in 2014 a girl I met in Hooters stalked me for a few weeks- that was scary.
Old Nov 20th 2020, 5:34 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
That's why I like living in a condo with security. No unsolicited knocks although back in 2014 a girl I met in Hooters stalked me for a few weeks- that was scary.
we had a random hooker knock on our Condo door once .......well Ben claims it was random
Old Nov 20th 2020, 5:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
we had a random hooker knock on our Condo door once .......well Ben claims it was random

Old Nov 20th 2020, 6:05 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
This guy asks a similar question to drivers of luxury cars via Tik Tok. He's very popular and I enjoy listening to some of the replies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHnelx_v-sQ
Yes, hence why I mentioned that "what do you do for a living" is trending on TikTok -- so there are lots jumping on the bandwagon.. TikTok attracts the millenial generation

Keeping everything crossed for a good result Rete... hope she recovers well and quickly.
Old Nov 20th 2020, 6:17 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Yes, hence why I mentioned that "what do you do for a living" is trending on TikTok -- so there are lots jumping on the bandwagon.. TikTok attracts the millenial generation
According to my Son, Millennials are too old for TikTok, that's for the Gen Z crowd

Gen x folk like me are still using internet forums where we have to type....Boomers are embarrassing their grand children on Facebook.
Old Nov 20th 2020, 6:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Our building in Vancouver had a locked front door, and cameras, that was the extent of the security, but the neighborhood troublemakers (mostly drug addicts) had no problem breaking in, hammer to glass was used a few times, crowbars to the front door too, really no way to stop someone determined to break in, without real life security guards around the place to stop it, but a 150 unit low rise can't afford 24/7 security.

Current building anyone and their mother can get in, front doors are unlocked but the geniuses that designed the place did so in a way where locking the stairwell doors would be a violation of fire rules so those doors are unlocked, so at this point I don't know why they even lock the front door....
Old Nov 21st 2020, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed for you and your daughter, Rete. xxx
Old Nov 21st 2020, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Our building in Vancouver had a locked front door, and cameras, that was the extent of the security, but the neighborhood troublemakers (mostly drug addicts) had no problem breaking in, hammer to glass was used a few times, crowbars to the front door too, really no way to stop someone determined to break in, without real life security guards around the place to stop it, but a 150 unit low rise can't afford 24/7 security.

Current building anyone and their mother can get in, front doors are unlocked but the geniuses that designed the place did so in a way where locking the stairwell doors would be a violation of fire rules so those doors are unlocked, so at this point I don't know why they even lock the front door....

Security doesn't work in an apartment block even if there is a locked front door, and an intercom.

Someone wanting in just needs to hit a few numbers and they'll find a person who will be daft enough to open the door for them. Then they can get anywhere in the building.

Been there, lived in a block like that.

Plus ................ if your apartment door has an eye level peep-hole so you can see who is knocking on the door ............... that person outside can often see through into the apartment.

We once lived in an apartment that had a peep-hole like that, the bedroom door was right opposite the front door at the end of a short corridor. Another tenant told me about the problem, and added that the manager's husband sometimes looked through to see what was happening.

I didn't believe her, but did look through the peep hole myself, and yes it would be possible to see into the bedroom, just about, but not clearly .............. but you would certainly be able to see people moving from the bedroom into the bathroom or living area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.