Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Eurovision Song Contest.

Eurovision Song Contest.

Old May 13th 2013, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eurovision Song Contest.

There's a petition right now to get CBC to show the Eurovision song contest:
http://www.activism.com/en_CA/petiti...t-on-cbc/43351

For me Eurovision is a family tradition - every year I watch it with my parents, and we continue the tradition via skype. I still think it's good entertainment and you never know what to expect to see when you watch it.
Old May 13th 2013, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute

I think we may be surprised - the fans ( there is actually a large fan club) had Bonnie at number 6, which can often go either way. Last Years winning started at 7 - its the public vote that counts and she is know all over Europe with a certain age demographic and the gays !!!

I think Denmark is going to do well, as well as Germany and Holland. All will be revealed over the next few days in the knockout rounds !
Old May 13th 2013, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

dg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
There's a petition right now to get CBC to show the Eurovision song contest:
http://www.activism.com/en_CA/petiti...t-on-cbc/43351

For me Eurovision is a family tradition - every year I watch it with my parents, and we continue the tradition via skype. I still think it's good entertainment and you never know what to expect to see when you watch it.
So it's NOT on TV over here then?

Not surprising but a shame nonetheless as it's always good for a giggle.

Is it streamed over the eurovision website?
Old May 13th 2013, 8:44 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

I think it'd be great if we did well for a change.

I'll be watching it with the OH - like CanadaJimmy it is a family tradition that normally means too much alcohol and not really watching the TV. If the weatehr is nice I may put the TV outside, have a cold beer and a BBQ whilst watching it.

Originally Posted by dg31
So it's NOT on TV over here then?

Not surprising but a shame nonetheless as it's always good for a giggle.

Is it streamed over the eurovision website?
I don't think it is streamed on the site but there will be plenty of other sites streaming it.

Post #61 above is one of them.

Last edited by Animal; May 13th 2013 at 8:46 pm.
Old May 14th 2013, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute

Ok tonight we had the first Semi Final - the countries to qualify were:

Moldova
Lithuania
Ireland
Estonia
Belarus
Denmark
Russia
Belgium
Ukraine
The Netherlands

Denmark is still my personal favourite - also like Belgium and Russia.

Gonna be interesting to see where votes go this year with Cyprus and no ex Yugoslavian countries qualifying ! Destroys a lot of block voting !
Old May 15th 2013, 12:12 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London-England-Lads
This is not the concert - that is in Sweden in May. This is a pre-concert taster of some of the entries.
:
You've got me all upset now, for a magic moment I thought you were going to the Eurovision bash!

Animal thank you so much for the #61 info, I shall definitely try that. I thought last year was my last Eurovision extravaganza, maybe not!
Old May 15th 2013, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MillieF
You've got me all upset now, for a magic moment I thought you were going to the Eurovision bash!
Have not done that Since it was in Birmingham. I think in someway the concert is more fun, as no-one is ruled out at that point and many of the acts go on to the after concert and you get a chance to meet them (if thats your kinda thing) .
Old May 15th 2013, 7:55 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Moldova
Lithuania
Ireland
Estonia
Belarus
Denmark
Russia
Belgium
Ukraine
The Netherlands

Gonna be interesting to see where votes go this year with Cyprus and no ex Yugoslavian countries qualifying ! Destroys a lot of block voting !
My OH will be pleased Denmark are through
Old May 15th 2013, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
My OH will be pleased Denmark are through
Great Song !
Old May 15th 2013, 12:14 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame that Cyrpus never made it through. Everyone could have voted for them and really screw up their economy as they couldn't afford to host it !
Old May 15th 2013, 12:35 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Great Song !
Not heard and I do not think my OH has, just that my OH is Danish so she likes to root for them in most events
Old May 15th 2013, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

dg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to all

Moldova
Lithuania
Ireland
Estonia
Belarus
Denmark
Russia
Belgium
Ukraine
The Netherlands

They still vote though, don't they - even if they're not in it.

Croatia will give 12 to Germany and Serbia will give them to Russia. Cyprus will give Greece 12. Not too sure how the rest will play out; maybe Romania or Bulgaria will get the Balkan vote.
Old May 15th 2013, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

yeah - they get to vote. some of the countries you mention are not through. It may be political still, but it gives a stronger field.

And actually last year blew political voting out of the water a bit - hence Sweden winning.

Last night's results show they were more interested in song and performance - Sir Terry would be happy !
Old May 16th 2013, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

For anyone interested - next semi final starts in 1hr and 42 minutes !
Old May 16th 2013, 5:48 pm
I said what ?!

For anyone interested - next semi final starts in 1hr and 42 minutes !

Attached Thumbnails Eurovision Song Contest.-long_tumbleweed.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.