Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

European countries you have visited ?

European countries you have visited ?

Old Jan 9th 2018, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: European countries you have visited ?

Originally Posted by slammer
Let´s see. Start from the top.
Finland, Sweden, Norway Denmark, Iceland.
Then right to left...
Ireland, England, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, Germany, Poland
On the peninsula; Portugal and Spain along with Andorra.
Alpine regions: Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Austria, then on to Hungary, Belarus, Romania, Czech and Slovak republics, Ukraine and Russia.
Uff! Getting there.
Italy, (lets just say Jugoslavia as a collective noun), Monaco, San Marino and the Vatican, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus. Malta, where I now live.

I went to Malta this year on a cruise. It was our first cruise and first trip to Malta. We really liked Malta and wouldn't mind going again for a few days.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

slammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
I went to Malta this year on a cruise. It was our first cruise and first trip to Malta. We really liked Malta and wouldn't mind going again for a few days.
Well worth another visit, now that Valletta is the culture capital.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 6:55 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Well. I think slammer is winning on Greater Europe, so let's try Central /South America.

Mexico, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Panama, Surinam, Venezuala, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile. (+Tierra del Fuego), Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil.

As ever I've likely forgotten some.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 6:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Well. I think slammer is winning on Greater Europe, so let's try Central /South America.

Mexico, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Panama, Surinam, Venezuala, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile. (+Tierra del Fuego), Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil.

Old Jan 9th 2018, 7:06 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
There's a topic?
Old Jan 9th 2018, 7:17 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

European countries visited - France, Italy, Hungary, Netherlands, Spain, ROI. Small beer compared with most posters here, Europe's a long way from Australia! And all the UK countries.

Countries in Asia, which were quicker and cheaper to visit - Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand. Since arriving in the UK a couple of years ago, have visited India and, of course, Oz.

That's it, apart from two trips around Oz, weekend jaunts to Melbourne and Sydney, and a few weeks in New York. Lots of the world to see yet

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Jan 9th 2018 at 7:21 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Mexico, lived in DF for two years. So let´s go clockwise.
Cuba, Costa Rico, Dom Rep, Panama, Venezuela, Guyana, Brazil, Uruguay, (love to live there) Argentina, Chile, up and down. Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, and last but not least; Columbia.
Stopped over in Paraguay for two days if that counts.
But did cape horn. I also hold the record for the longest techie trip to plug a CTP into the wall socket... EVER!
lystrup, Copenhagen, Paris, Chicago, Miami, Panama city, Buenos Aires, Santiago de Chile, put the plug in the socket and fired up the old Platedriver, two days later back to DF. And I think I hold also the record for the longest techie trip, 02.01.05 Leeds to Paris and Mayenne until the 18th, then off to Chicago and then down to Mexico, back in Denmark end of October, just in time to be fired when Esko went all Barco.
But in all fairness I was a Esko backliner based in Aarhus and at one time a chef on board a cruiseliner. Oh I forgot Spitzbergen in the Europe category. Sooooo, wanna try me on south east Asia?

Last edited by slammer; Jan 9th 2018 at 7:25 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 7:39 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by slammer
Mexico, lived in DF for two years. So let´s go clockwise.
Cuba, Costa Rico, Dom Rep, Panama, Venezuela, Guyana, Brazil, Uruguay, (love to live there) Argentina, Chile, up and down. Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, and last but not least; Columbia.
Stopped over in Paraguay for two days if that counts.
But did cape horn. I also hold the record for the longest techie trip to plug a CTP into the wall socket... EVER!
lystrup, Copenhagen, Paris, Chicago, Miami, Panama city, Buenos Aires, Santiago de Chile, put the plug in the socket and fired up the old Platedriver, two days later back to DF. And I think I hold also the record for the longest techie trip, 02.01.05 Leeds to Paris and Mayenne until the 18th, then off to Chicago and then down to Mexico, back in Denmark end of October, just in time to be fired when Esko went all Barco.
But in all fairness I was a Esko backliner based in Aarhus and at one time a chef on board a cruiseliner. Oh I forgot Spitzbergen in the Europe category. Sooooo, wanna try me on south east Asia?
Nope. But being a cruise hand doesn't count.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Nope. But being a cruise hand doesn't count.
Visit is visit Havn´t even touched Russia yet.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 10:11 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Brazil, Trinidad & Tobago, Cuba, Dominican Republic, St. Lucia.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

raindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond repute

Europe - all of them. Although we did a road/rail/boat trip around Europe with the specific aim of seeing every country, so perhaps that's cheating!

I've never been to Australasia though, that's on our list for the future
Old Jan 10th 2018, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

France, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, Croatia, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Poland, Czech Republic, Switzerland, UK, Eire, Luxembourg, Greece, Vatican City

So I guess 21.
Old Mar 21st 2018, 4:37 am
Just Joined

The wanderer. is an unknown quantity at this point

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia,France, Germany, (greece next month) , Hungary, Ireland ( north + south), Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden,UK.

Almost done
Old Mar 21st 2018, 9:13 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Adding Portugal to my list this week
Old Mar 21st 2018, 9:45 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Somerset and Wrexham, so two.