España

Old Sep 7th 2017, 5:54 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: España

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
Possibly 'Are Friends Electric' is a classic. If you like that sort of thing.
Interrogative, is it?
Old Sep 7th 2017, 6:14 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

I hadn't thought of downloading NetFlix shows to the iPad, I was concentrating on my own content. That's a good idea.

iPod contains audiobooks and music, iPad with a few games and movies/TV shows. Will peruse NF to see if anything grabs me for offline viewing.

I will also 'old school' take a book together with nicotine gum due to tight layover times.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Interrogative, is it?
Pedantically noting the absence of a ? (And inverted commas) ? Then I send you the wave I normally reserve for Canadian drivers

Canvassing opinion? Well I can still 'sing' a bit of it after over 30 years... Who knows? What defines a classic?

Just noticed if I persist in trying to sing it it turns into 'we are detective'. Crossed middle-aged wiring.

Last edited by Teaandtoday5; Sep 7th 2017 at 6:22 am. Reason: Hmmm
Old Sep 7th 2017, 6:21 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Oh come on..Our Friends Electric is a classic.
10th rate David Bowie imposter.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 6:37 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
Pedantically noting the absence of a ? (And inverted commas) ? Then I send you the wave I normally reserve for Canadian drivers
I let the Are/Our thing go allowing that someone who thought that recording a "classic" likely wouldn't remember either the music or the title. The absence of punctuation in a correction, nah, that was too much. I counter your extended finger(s) with my reflexive gesture in response. You'll have to take it figuratively.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I let the Are/Our thing go allowing that someone who thought that recording a "classic" likely wouldn't remember either the music or the title. The absence of punctuation in a correction, nah, that was too much. I counter your extended finger(s) with my reflexive gesture in response. You'll have to take it figuratively.
Hey I was 15 when that came out.

I read somewhere that most people's musical 'era' is from about 13-25. For me that would start with Berlin era Bowie and end with Morrissey/Leonard Cohen (I'm your man)/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Are_%2...22_Electric%3F
Old Sep 7th 2017, 7:12 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Apparently you can now download shows on Netflix to watch 'offline'. This would be a great opportunity to watch Breaking bad.
You can indeed. Ideal for flights.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 7:15 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Hey I was 15 when that came out.

I read somewhere that most people's musical 'era' is from about 13-25. For me that would start with Berlin era Bowie and end with Morrissey/Leonard Cohen (I'm your man)/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Are_%2...22_Electric%3F
My musical era is 13 to 40. Still finding many new songs and artists, and delving into certain genre's through the wonders of Spotify/YouTube. Plenty of bands from my 13-25 era that I now wouldn't touch with a barge pole.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 7:26 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
My musical era is 13 to 40. Still finding many new songs and artists, and delving into certain genre's through the wonders of Spotify/YouTube. Plenty of bands from my 13-25 era that I now wouldn't touch with a barge pole.
Did we ever have a thread for the bolded stuff?

We do now
Old Sep 7th 2017, 9:20 am
me/moi

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Did we ever have a thread for the bolded stuff?

We do now
So shall we drift back on to Spain and or flying?

I have noticed that these days 90% of the flight is in darkness so that people can watch their screens. It used to be only the redeye that was iike that, now day flights are shuttered too.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
So shall we drift back on to Spain and or flying?

I have noticed that these days 90% of the flight is in darkness so that people can watch their screens. It used to be only the redeye that was iike that, now day flights are shuttered too.
Most people are not interested in looking out the window. At Christmas time we took a flight from Nice to Zurich...perfectly sunny day.

Pilot announces...if you look out the left side of the plane you can see Mt Blanc and if you look out the right hand side of the plane you can see the Matterhorn...most people ignored the info and just listened to music.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 9:27 am
me/moi

Most people are not interested in looking out the window. At Christmas time we took a flight from Nice to Zurich...perfectly sunny day.

Pilot announces...if you look out the left side of the plane you can see Mt Blanc and if you look out the right hand side of the plane you can see the Matterhorn...most people ignored the info and just listened to music.
So true. I don't get that. I've flown a lot, but remain mesmerised by looking out the window.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 4:39 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Back safe and sound ( avoided going to Barcelona ).

Not bad flights and layovers.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 5:46 am
me/moi

Originally Posted by Tangram
Back safe and sound ( avoided going to Barcelona ).

Not bad flights and layovers.
Which airline to Canada?
Old Oct 19th 2017, 6:12 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Alitalia to Spain
Air France to Canada