Wikiposts

España

Old Sep 5th 2017, 5:08 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default España

Heading off to Spain at the end of September to see my father, possibly for the last time ( cancer ).

The flights, or should I say the layovers between flights, are not too bad. All are below 2 hours in TO and Rome on the outward and Paris on the way back. The only longer one is TO on the return for 5 hours before heading back to the Maritimes. This is fine as I'll need to negotiate customs etc and I can grab some food and coffee.

I will be travelling cattle class. Anyone any good tips for avoiding boredom and cramp. I'm hoping the flights arent full with it being out of season and not heading into London or Manchester, so I can stretch out. But any tips are welcomed.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 5:59 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: España

Originally Posted by Tangram
Heading off to Spain at the end of September to see my father, possibly for the last time ( cancer ).

The flights, or should I say the layovers between flights, are not too bad. All are below 2 hours in TO and Rome on the outward and Paris on the way back. The only longer one is TO on the return for 5 hours before heading back to the Maritimes. This is fine as I'll need to negotiate customs etc and I can grab some food and coffee.

I will be travelling cattle class. Anyone any good tips for avoiding boredom and cramp. I'm hoping the flights arent full with it being out of season and not heading into London or Manchester, so I can stretch out. But any tips are welcomed.
A couple of diazepam and large glass of red wine. Another tip is to only take a jacket and a phone (with earphones) as carry on.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 7:55 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

My parents live in Estepona, and for us the journey is almost 24hrs door to door.

Drive from our house to Airport 4hrs
Wait before flight 3hrs
Flight time 10hrs
Wait time at LGW before flight to Spain 2-3hrs
Flight to Malaga 3hrs
Clear customs, collect baggage, meet Parents 1hr
Drive from airport to parents house 1.5hrs

It is an awful journey, good luck.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 6:58 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

There are usually lots of good films on long haul flight entertainment systems these days, easy to kill 4-6hours with that. Have a podcast or two downloaded on your phone/iPod, some e-books or e-magazines, or movies/shows. Hard to be bored on long flights these days. Lately I've stopped having alcohol when flying, and generally feel much better for it. Sorry for the circumstances of your trip.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 1:16 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
There are usually lots of good films on long haul flight entertainment systems these days, easy to kill 4-6hours with that. Have a podcast or two downloaded on your phone/iPod, some e-books or e-magazines, or movies/shows. Hard to be bored on long flights these days. Lately I've stopped having alcohol when flying, and generally feel much better for it. Sorry for the circumstances of your trip.
Later this month I am flying to Pantelleria, that's about the same as Spain, difficult connections meaning two full days each way. My Vancouver daughter is also going, separately, with two small children. I saw her, with the same two small children, a couple of months ago in Switzerland. She looked at me then and said "never tell me that a journey was difficult if you made the trip as an adult on your own". I saw her point.

I have a book for the trip.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 1:55 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Later this month I am flying to Pantelleria, that's about the same as Spain, difficult connections meaning two full days each way. My Vancouver daughter is also going, separately, with two small children. I saw her, with the same two small children, a couple of months ago in Switzerland. She looked at me then and said "never tell me that a journey was difficult if you made the trip as an adult on your own". I saw her point.

I have a book for the trip.
The Bible?
Old Sep 7th 2017, 2:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I did Spain last October on my own, and I actually quite revelled in the whole travelling alone and not having to think about anyone else bit!

One book, couple of mindless addictive games in an iPad or phone (I recommend 10/10), headphones or simple ear buds and you're good to go. Travelling home, your headspace will be full of other thoughts, so head back, eyes closed and roll with it.😕
Old Sep 7th 2017, 2:48 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

The Bible?
I tend to go for biography, not fiction.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
with the same two small children,
Consistency. One of the hallmarks of good parenting.

Tangram, sorry for the sad reason for your trip, hope it goes well.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 3:55 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

There are usually lots of good films on long haul flight entertainment systems these days, easy to kill 4-6hours with that.
Ideal opportunity to catch up on Twin Peaks
Old Sep 7th 2017, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Ideal opportunity to catch up on Twin Peaks
The last long flight I was on (Zurich-Montreal) I watched a documentary on what Gary Numan has been up to lately and his plans to move from the US ot the UK...is that highbrow enough for you?
Old Sep 7th 2017, 4:17 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
The last long flight I was on (Zurich-Montreal) I watched a documentary on what Gary Numan has been up to lately and his plans to move from the US ot the UK...is that highbrow enough for you?
Didn't like him at all
Old Sep 7th 2017, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Didn't like him at all
Oh come on..Our Friends Electric is a classic.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 5:19 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently you can now download shows on Netflix to watch 'offline'. This would be a great opportunity to watch Breaking bad.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Oh come on..Our Friends Electric is a classic.
Possibly 'Are Friends Electric' is a classic. If you like that sort of thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.